Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

How to board the Pirates boats

So I guess you are supposed to step onto the seats -- inasmuch as they have that rough sandpaper texture to prevent you from slipping -- but this always bothered me. I mean, it seems kinda rude to take your shoe and then step on someone's seat. But, I figure that's what you're supposed to do. You can also step down first, onto the floor, and then take your seat. I do usually step onto the seat first, but it's always made me wonder what I'm then sitting on: not only the dirt from my shoe, but all those other shoes before me. On the other hand, the walkways in Disneyland are so clean that I suppose there really isn't that much dirt or dust to transfer. And hopefully the detritus of the "outside world" has become liberated from one's feet once you trod through the pristine byways of the Park.

• Honorary Dapper Dan

Re: How to board the Pirates boats

I've never really thought about it...nor do remember how I personally board the PotC boats. Hmm. I would say next time I'll check, but I'll be conscious of how I'm getting in and out so I'll probably do it the "correct" way, with stepping on the seat first.

• Disney is home

I usually never think about it when I'm getting in the boat, but usually when I'm getting out of the boat. I feel bad that I have to use the seat in order to get out, cause usually my foot is wet from the water.

• Queen of Randomness

I about fall but I don't step on the seat. It's something that bothers me because I don't like sitting on someone's wet footprint so I try not to do it for the person behind me. It's also hard on Splash Mountain.

Welcome to my blog!
    A Photographed Life
    12/28: Copperopolis, California

• Looking for Hidden Mickey

I'm guilty for stepping on the seat getting on and off the ride. But now that i think about it, most people do.
    Check out my page at www.myspace.com/wheresmickey

Check out my pin collection at www.pinpics.com. User name is WheresMickey

• U. B. Bold

I usually swing from the rigging, cutlass in hand, and land swashbuckling on the bow.
    Please visit my Big Thunder/Disney Inspired Model Railroad

Dream big. Do what you love.

• Queen of Randomness

I can see how it could be hard for a lot of people to step on the deat due to age and physical ability but since I have the ability not to do so then why not.

Welcome to my blog!
    A Photographed Life

• Oo-de-lally

I feel bad but if that's the way it was designed then there is nothing I can do about it. That's why I wouldn’t recommend wearing white pants or shorts to the park. I have seen a lot of guests with dirt on the back of there white shorts and pants.
    Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally
    Golly, what a day

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Werner View Post
    So I guess you are supposed to step onto the seats -- inasmuch as they have that rough sandpaper texture to prevent you from slipping -- but this always bothered me. I mean, it seems kinda rude to take your shoe and then step on someone's seat. But, I figure that's what you're supposed to do. You can also step down first, onto the floor, and then take your seat. I do usually step onto the seat first, but it's always made me wonder what I'm then sitting on: not only the dirt from my shoe, but all those other shoes before me. On the other hand, the walkways in Disneyland are so clean that I suppose there really isn't that much dirt or dust to transfer. And hopefully the detritus of the "outside world" has become liberated from one's feet once you trod through the pristine byways of the Park.
    You need to get over this, as soon as possible. You're going to get your clothes dirty somehow, and you will eventually clean them. What difference how they get dirty?
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Honorary Dapper Dan

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGal View Post
    I about fall but I don't step on the seat. It's something that bothers me because I don't like sitting on someone's wet footprint so I try not to do it for the person behind me. It's also hard on Splash Mountain.
    Eh, you're bound to get your rump a little wet on Splash regardless of if someone steps in your seat with a wet foot or not. The seats are usually all wet anyway.

• Queen of Randomness

Quote Originally Posted by BigThunder View Post
    I usually swing from the rigging, cutlass in hand, and land swashbuckling on the bow.
    I think that might be the ideal way.

Welcome to my blog!
    A Photographed Life

• Disney is home

If I could, I so would avoid the seat. Unfortunately, it's either the guest behind gets mad at you for using the seat as a step or for taking too long getting out of the boat cause you avoided using the seat as a step and it takes a little bit longer sometimes to get out of the boat without the step.

• Queen of Randomness

Quote Originally Posted by Wavy Blue View Post
    Eh, you're bound to get your rump a little wet on Splash regardless of if someone steps in your seat with a wet foot or not. The seats are usually all wet anyway.
    So very true but it's not so much the getting wet part, it's more that sitting on a dirty wet footprint could have been avoided. It's just one of my weird things at DL. I don't get mad at anyone if they do it, it's just a preference.

Welcome to my blog!
    A Photographed Life

• Honorary Dapper Dan

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGal View Post
    So very true but it's not so much the getting wet part, it's more that sitting on a dirty wet footprint could have been avoided. It's just one of my weird things at DL. I don't get mad at anyone if they do it, it's just a preference.
    Ah, I see. I try to remember to wear dark pants or shorts whenever at DL, so that in case I do sit in something dirty (one time at Universal Studios I sat down on Back to the Future into something sticky that covered the back of my khakis--NOT a good experience) its not as noticeable.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

It's better to be safe, so I step on the seat. I'm not going to take a giant step out of the boat, and risk slipping, falling, or losing my balance and falling.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast