David Frankham (aka Sgt. Tibs) visiting Disneyland 8/25 through 8/27

Hello, all,

I'm just about to head out to California and wanted to re-post this at the last minute in case anyone missed the first time ...

I'm a frequent visitor to MiceAge and really enjoy reading the stories and seeing the photos, but have just now taken the leap into posting on MiceChat. My reason is, I just wanted to let any 101 DALMATIONS fans out there know:

I live in Santa Fe, New Mexico, and will soon be visiting Disneyland with my friend David Frankham -- who provided the voice of Sergeant Tibs the cat in 101 DALMATIONS. (David also appeared in the Disney films TEN WHO DARED and JOHNNY TREMAIN around the same time.) He is very excited and says he hasn't been to Disneyland since 1956!

David is a very modest English gentleman -- although probably more energetic at 82 than I am at 42! -- who still doesn't quite seem to get how special he is to Disney fans, so ...

I am hoping any MiceAge members in the vicinity who would like to meet David might show up and surprise him while we're there. I'm sure he would be thrilled to meet any of you too. (Personally, I consider myself very lucky to have become acquainted with him several months ago, and have been enchanted by all his stories of working at Disney!)

We have changed our schedule and the way things stand now, we will be visiting Disneyland for THREE days: Monday, August 25th through Wednesday, Aug. 27th. (We will also be going to the SLEEPING BEAUTY showing at the El Capitan Theater on the 28th.)

I am planning on finding some reason for having David at the hub, right by the Walt and Mickey statue, at 12:00 noon on ALL of those days -- so any Tibs fans: Please join us there and say hello! (If we're a bit late, be patient! I'm determined to be there!)

(David doesn't have access to the internet, so this will hopefully remain a surprise! :-) )

Many thanks, and hope to see you there!

• MC, this is LD

Re: David Frankham (aka Sgt. Tibs) visiting Disneyland 8/25 through 8/27

There's a meet the day before... Maybe some MCers will still be there...

Too bad I won't...