Ready to go . . . .

I haven't been to the Resort since July 5. We were on our way home after a great day and witnessed, was involved in, a fatal motorcycle crash on the I-5. Very traumatic but we're ready to put that all behind us.

My son turned 10 this week and we are heading off to the resort today and tomorrow with him and his buddy. House of Blues in the morning tomorrow and that is all we have planned. Any suggestions on making it special for 10-year old boy? Of course, just getting to go is special to him but I would love to give him some special magical memories. BTW, he LOVES hidden Mickeys.

• That Guy

Re: Ready to go . . . .

Others can help you with your original question, I just have one suggestion.

If you are driving again, I highly recommend bringing some things to keep the kids distracted. Since the kids already experienced a trauma on the last drive, they will be keyed up much more than normal. Games, books, videos, etc. will be good distractions.

Best of luck, have an amazing trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Max Fischer View Post
    Others can help you with your original question, I just have one suggestion.

If you are driving again, I highly recommend bringing some things to keep the kids distracted. Since the kids already experienced a trauma on the last drive, they will be keyed up much more than normal. Games, books, videos, etc. will be good distractions.

Best of luck, have an amazing trip.
    Thanks, in car DVD player and Nintendo - Check.

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by maximmom View Post
    Thanks, in car DVD player and Nintendo - Check.
    Jealousy - Check!

Hidden Mickeys abound. Here is a great site that lists MANY of them.
    http://www.hiddenmickeys.org/Disneyland/

Take it with a grain of salt as these are user submitted. Not all of them are real, but plenty of them are.

Here are a few of my favorites:

The Icee stand in Toon Town has a hidden mickey on the metal grate when it is closed. It is mixed in with the cow spots.

One of the Jungle Cruise boats has a frying pan hanging from the side opposite the dock. The pancake stains on the pan are in the shape of a Mickey.

In the Golden Horseshoe, the air vents along the front of the stage have decorative holes in them. The center grate has a hidden Mickey in the holes.

A quick search of this forum will bring up several threads that have discussed this recently with some photos of most of these.

Hope you have a great trip!

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Disneymom

Don't forget to get him his Birthday sticker/pin at City Hall. Everyone will wish a happy birthday all day long.

• E T1CK3T

There's a hidden mickey book sold in the parks. Its a skinny yellow book that has "Hidden Mickeys" emblazoned on the front. Here is what it looks like on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Hidden-Mickeys...9561682&sr=8-1

It's a fun book, and has a quest to find all the hidden mickeys. You don't have to do the quest, but it gives you the location of tons of mickeys throughout the resort, and its portable! I think he'd have a fun time with that book.