Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• Banned User

Re: Ariel at the Princess Fantasy Faire

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Hook's View Post
    See this is what I'm afread of for around Christmas Day that last two years on Christmas day I had gotten a Christmas hug (As I call it.) from Ariel. Last year when I when to PFF I had a surprice when I saw Ariel at PFF and I got two hugs from her there and her old meet and greet. Why I'm afread of this is I may not get a hug from her this Christmas Day cause you never know what 3 Princess or Prince or Godmother will be there. Yes you read that right Prince. Prince as of Prince Phillip he's been to PFF alot as well as Fairy Godmother.
    Well, as it's Christmas, I'm sure you'd be able to request for when Ariel is out.

• Minion

Blog Entries
    i would have no problem with her touring the kingdom dress, that and the one when she turns into a human by pops has always been my favorite!

now what about TLM 2, she has her ball gown from Melody's party, and that has a crown! at least then it would be fromthe movies and not just something random!

let me see if i can find it.

links

http://www.kidsdomain.com/down/pcgif/littlemermaid2.jpg that ones a little less formal
    http://katikut.deviantart.com/art/Ar...beach-37428854
    Last edited by krystledm; 08-23-2008 at 05:47 PM.

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by krystledm View Post

now what about TLM 2, she has her ball gown from Melody's party, and that has a crown! at least then it would be fromthe movies and not just something random!
    I don't find it random at all. The starfish is symbolic to Ariel.
    Last edited by Kritter; 08-23-2008 at 06:20 PM.

• Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kritter View Post
    I don't find it random at all. The starfish is symbolic to Ariel.
    I understand it is symbolic, but why do that when it can be canon? or even better, leave her hair alone! Leave it plain, it's very pretty w/o any embellishment. if they feel the need to add, keep it basic, like a bow(movie) or the crown from 2. If they want a flower, make it movie verse and position it behind her ear(ish) and make it a flower, not a star fish! that's just too Peter Pan for my taste.

• Banned User

let me see if i can find it.

links

http://www.kidsdomain.com/down/pcgif/littlemermaid2.jpg that ones a little less formal
    Yeah, that would work well, seeing as none of the other Princesses have a white dress.

But looking again, I really love this one bellow!

That gold color is beautiful!

• Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Manning View Post
    Yeah, that would work well, seeing as none of the other Princesses have a white dress.

But looking again, I really love this one bellow!

That gold color is beautiful!

it really has massive potential, maybe some mildly sheer material for the sleeves and they can get away with lace on the underskirt/bodice trimming, and a speciality jacard on the dress body.

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

I like her how she is

• Minion

Blog Entries

I like her how she is
    and i don't

i understand she appels to the male masses because she is a half naked pretty girl, but what about the people she was made for? Ariel was my generations princess and she always will be part mine, and as a result, i want to see her the way she should be, not however costuming feels appropriate. Darn you costuming dept!

• Banned User

i understand she appels to the male masses because she is a half naked pretty girl
    Well, not for 2-3 years. LoL!

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

and i don't

i understand she appels to the male masses because she is a half naked pretty girl, but what about the people she was made for? Ariel was my generations princess and she always will be part mine, and as a result, i want to see her the way she should be, not however costuming feels appropriate. Darn you costuming dept!
    So wearing a dress now is being half naked?

I learn something new everyday!

• Minion

Blog Entries

So wearing a dress now is being half naked?

I learn something new everyday!

i wasn't talking about now, she has been half naked for the past God knows how many years, which has given her a male fanbase. Some on here might like her for noble reasons, but the first thing i remember my uncle saying after leaving Disneyland with him was "man, Ariel's hot!"

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

i wasn't talking about now, she has been half naked for the past God knows how many years, which has given her a male fanbase. Some on here might like her for noble reasons, but the first thing i remember my uncle saying after leaving Disneyland with him was "man, Ariel's hot!"
    well sorry if I wasn't being specific enough, but I was speaking of what Ariel is wearing in PFF.

• I'm not really here

[...]cause you never know what 3 Princess or Prince or Godmother will be there. Yes you read that right Prince. Prince as of Prince Phillip he's been to PFF alot as well as Fairy Godmother.
    I'm with you on this one. I hate not knowing. What if some little girl's dream is to meet Belle, and Belle is in the receiving line, but right as the girl gets up there, Belle leaves only to be replaced by Prince Phillip. Her dreams will be crushed. It's just wrong.

I understand it is symbolic, but why do that when it can be canon? or even better, leave her hair alone! Leave it plain, it's very pretty w/o any embellishment. if they feel the need to add, keep it basic, like a bow(movie) or the crown from 2. If they want a flower, make it movie verse and position it behind her ear(ish) and make it a flower, not a star fish! that's just too Peter Pan for my taste.
    It makes perfect sense for her human form to wear a starfish in her hair. She is, after all, a mermaid, be she in human form or not. It is a tie to and a remembrance of her home, the sea. The starfish fits just perfectly. It fits with her character and the emotional connection to her home.

Ariel was my generations princess and she always will be part mine, and as a result, i want to see her the way she should be, not however costuming feels appropriate. Darn you costuming dept!
    She is my generation as well. I was 10 when that movie came out and it has been a favorite of mine since that very day. I collect anything and everything Ariel. You might say I am slightly obsessed without being a stalker. I think the turquoise works just fine and here's why. Under the sea she has the green fin that would have shimmery scales. Under water tones tend to be muted and less "saturated" than they would in the air. In many places in the world the sea is the very color of her current dress. It serves as another link to her ocean home, much as the starfish in her hair does. It is also a "prop" that reminds people of the sea while still serving as a dress.

Liberties are taken with other princesses as well. Aurora spends much time in a blue dress, yet we almost never see that in the parks. Why? Because Cinderella has a blue dress so we can't have two princesses in the same color despite other differences.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Queen Elsa

So right with Aurora's blue dress. People get her and Cinderella mix up alot when she wears the blue but I which they let her wear it from time to time again. I like her blue mush better then her pink. And no it not because I'm a guy and pink is not for guys. I like the blue on Aurora because it looks better on her then the pink.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    I'm with you on this one. I hate not knowing. What if some little girl's dream is to meet Belle, and Belle is in the receiving line, but right as the girl gets up there, Belle leaves only to be replaced by Prince Phillip. Her dreams will be crushed. It's just wrong.
    Well you know why... Cuz Disney wants you to get in line again, after you've bought some merchandise!

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    She is my generation as well. I was 10 when that movie came out and it has been a favorite of mine since that very day. I collect anything and everything Ariel. You might say I am slightly obsessed without being a stalker. I think the turquoise works just fine and here's why. Under the sea she has the green fin that would have shimmery scales. Under water tones tend to be muted and less "saturated" than they would in the air. In many places in the world the sea is the very color of her current dress. It serves as another link to her ocean home, much as the starfish in her hair does. It is also a "prop" that reminds people of the sea while still serving as a dress.
    Hope you don't mind me asking, but why do you like Ariel so much?

So right with Aurora's blue dress. People get her and Cinderella mix up alot when she wears the blue but I which they let her wear it from time to time again. I like her blue mush better then her pink. And no it not because I'm a guy and pink is not for guys. I like the blue on Aurora because it looks better on her then the pink.
    I like Aurora's costumes in both Parade of Dreams & A Christmas Fantasy the most.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast