Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

• Minion

Blog Entries

Re: Ariel at the Princess Fantasy Faire

Quote Originally Posted by kcw View Post
    well the big poofy bangs don't exactly help with that!!! Her hair drives me nuts in CA, I much prefer how she does it in WDW

http://picasaweb.google.com/reinaron...68597455785586

(not my picture, and not the best quality, but it shows her hair)

That is defintly better...I don't think Native American's in the 1600's really would have bothered with bangs...

Now why don't they use that wig over here? looking ta it it actually looks like it's real hair....maybe....

• Lost in Wonderland

Wink Re: Ariel at the Princess Fantasy Faire

Quote Originally Posted by princedalton View Post
    haha you certainly got that right...I don't think I've seen that Ariel before...will all the regular grotto ariel's be at PFF now? I mean I know most of the actresses play other princesses but the Ariels we have seen at the grotto...will they be seen as Ariel at PFF?? I hope I'll still get to see my 3 favorite Ariels...
    I think Ariel is practicing for her Fantasy Faire Conornation Ceremony right now. Then you might recognize Ariel later this week.

• Follow me on Twitter!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Moving Sidewalk View Post
    I think Ariel is practicing for her Fantasy Faire Conornation Ceremony right now. Then you might recognize Ariel later this week.
    perfect! i'll be there this weekend!
    *~*~*Prince Dalton*~*~*

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by krystledm View Post
    She doesn't look Native American....Why can't they just go Walt's route and make it authentic....I'm peeved...

Just fyi before ya'll try to say something, i'm 1/4 Native American, and my much older cousin was a dancer in the dance circle in old fronteirland...it does matter to me.

This board really needs a separate forum for obsessing about princesses (or pseudo-princesses). Note that the name of this forum is "Disneyland Resort". It ain't "What I, greatest princess expert of all, think how some low-paid gal who should look, dress, act, and talk.

My one and only contribution: If the Pocahontas costume was authentic, she'd be topless.

• Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by perlster View Post
    This board really needs a separate forum for obsessing about princesses (or pseudo-princesses). Note that the name of this forum is "Disneyland Resort". It ain't "What I, greatest princess expert of all, think how some low-paid gal who should look, dress, act, and talk.

My one and only contribution: If the Pocahontas costume was authentic, she'd be topless.

I am the least of your worried for princess obsessing, but when the "poor girl" you mention looks funky rather then character, then i have some complaints. You want to complain at princess chasers, your barking up the wrong tree, i AVOID them.

If you don't want to read about people armchair imaginaeering, don't open those threads, no one forced you here and we have just as much right as anyone to discuss characters as they are part of the Disney experience, like it or not.

Welcome to micechat.

• Queen Elsa

off topic but what dose Tanorexic me. I've never hear of that before?

• Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Hook's View Post
    off topic but what dose Tanorexic me. I've never hear of that before?

she appears to be addicted to tanning. and just as Anorexia can kill you, so can tanning, so some wise person put the two words together and now we have Tanorexia.

• Queen Elsa

Oh ok. I don't see anything wrong with her tan. I think it looks pretty good.

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

I agree

• Boat shoes all day long

I agree with you on this one Captain. The princesses want to mirror the movie characters and that means a good skin tone and a slim physique. Hopefully they don't get politically correct on us and start letting everyone be a face character.
    "Let's get weird" -Abraham Lincoln

• I'm not really here

For playing Ariel, I think the tan is good... if she were, say, Snow White we would have a problem here. I've seen some REALLY tanned Aurora's as well.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

there's definitely nothing wrong with the tan...it does look good...and it fits ariel...i was just sort of joking along with the whole tanorexic thing. it's not really a bad thing.
    *~*~*Prince Dalton*~*~*

• Former virgin

Although the tan Ariel looks ok because the Ariel in the movie is tan I personally think the fair skinned Ariel's are prettier. I don't think red hair and a tan go together. That's coming from a fair skinned red head for what it's worth.
    Last edited by Ms.Skellington; 08-26-2008 at 06:06 PM. Reason: spelling Ariel like the font name like a dork
    Tiki Room virgins are cool.

• Minion

Blog Entries

I'm not ok with the tan, not because it's Ariel but because i equate purposeful tanning with smoking. You know it's bad for you, you know it can/probably will have a hand in your death, and yet, you still do it! Pale is pretty because it's natural AND safe, in my opinion. and sadly that poor woman will learn what she's done to her skin when she's older...

Quote Originally Posted by krystledm View Post
    I'm not ok with the tan, not because it's Ariel but because i equate purposeful tanning with smoking. You know it's bad for you, you know it can/probably will have a hand in your death, and yet, you still do it! Pale is pretty because it's natural AND safe, in my opinion. and sadly that poor woman will learn what she's done to her skin when she's older...
    well a natural tan from being outside in the sun isn't bad...i mean it can be but it's way safer and healthier than tan beds...maybe some of the girls are just naturally tan. they can't really control that. think of how much they are in the sun. but whatever. nothing we can really do about it. they're still gorgeous and do the job quite well...well, at least most of them
    *~*~*Prince Dalton*~*~*

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast