Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Disney villians dark ride

What else would you expect from me heh? To potentially be placed in Fantasyland, and new villains dark ride...perhaps claiming the current space of the Gepetto shop, the Village Haus restaurant, and the bathrooms on that side.

Exterior would be perhaps rockwork and the outside of a fortress/castle, with some scary looking trees, to disguise the show building..as organic looking as possible. Once inside the castle building, the rear wall would be stone with painted fine art style portraits of some of the villians within, the ones that lend themselves to such a treatment....Malificent, Captain Hook, The Evil Queen, etc, and the area would be lit with candelabras. The cars would be themed similar to other Fantasyland vehicles, such as the Snow White/Pinnochio wood carving ones, but these with leering gargoyle face accents.

Once leaving the boarding area, the car would go around a corner and through crash doors to castle interior....a throne room, with Malificent AA and some of her goons, plotting about the death of Sleeping Beauty. Going away from this scene, there would be a few pop-out style Goons..one from above, one from behind a wall....continuing on into the castle, the Wicked Witch from Snow White appears next, much in the vein of the old Florida Snow White ride, cackling insanely and zooming forward towards the cars, poison apple in hand....the car would then swerve away, and crash out of a rear wall, into a simulated forest...bumping over "tree limbs" and hearing the croaking of frogs, chirping of crickets...and then swing around to show a creaky covered bridge, the same one from Legend of Sleepy Hollow. The vehicle would bump into it, proceeding downwards, all noise ceasing..to have the Headless Horseman appear at the far end, suddenly, and throw the burning pumpkin (projection or overhead track effect) towards the cart. The car would once again make a sharp turn, the tracks being fake after a certain point, and head into the next scene through crash doors...now the sounds of the sea picking up, still in woods, but leaving them behind...seagulls and waves crashing, and then a ticking noise...towards a large scale replica of skull rock, the crocodile waiting at the base, eyes following you...as you pass by, a small boat would come forward fast, as if to ram you, Captain Hook growling at the front of it, Smee rowing in back. Avoiding this, the scene would change again slowly, lighting and seaweed props along the floor making it seem underwater..passing close walls on either side, looking like rock, with Floatsem and Jetsam poking out sporadically towards you...then past a very large Ursula AA, tentacles writhing, cackling evilly, as it appears she is aiming to smash the track ahead of you..you dodge again, into a blackened room for a small amount of time, and then head upwards slightly...projections about you of the demons and ghosts from Night on Bald Mountain, the music playing louder as you progress, and rockwork coming about you again as if climbing the mountain...Chernaborg would eventually loom over you, grimacing darkly, from above, a very large AA torso, arms and head..reaching as if to grab the cart, and you crash through another set of doors slightly downwards away from him, accompanied this time by a explosion/flash of light like the end of Alice in Wonderland, but indoors, to head back to the load area.

Some of the transitions might be a little odd, but it would include a fair amount of villians and lots of atmosphere...I'd like to ride such a attraction at least heh. More in the scary dark ride mold, like the old Snow White attraction, definitely. Your thoughts?
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

• Welcome To My Nightmare

Re: Disney villians dark ride

I'd ride it!
    See you on Bats Day !

• Senior Minion

I like many of the ideas. Many of us have been wanting them to build a simmilar ride in Paradise Pier. It's a good concept and that was a pretty good selection of Villains with a progression that makes some sense. Maybe a little more background story of why you're there could be helpful to tie the whole story together, but other then that it sounds good.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

I think it needs a more removed location. Villian's lairs aren't just around the corner, they are dark secluded places sepperate from the world. Mtorboat Cruise area would make a good spot, or the Fantasyland theatre if it were to be removed.

My issue would be a plot. The ride can't simply be a "best of" type attraction, especially when we can already visit the Evil Queen and Capt Hook so nearby. A story would have to be constructed to conbine the villians into one new adventure where we are in danger.

• hatbox ghost believer

I like your idea! Add some Cruella & maybe even some other villians & it would be a wonderful addition to Fantasyland methinks!
    Jon A. Leslie
    nojarama
    http://www.nojarama.com

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Quote Originally Posted by Professortango View Post
    I think it needs a more removed location. Villian's lairs aren't just around the corner, they are dark secluded places sepperate from the world. Mtorboat Cruise area would make a good spot, or the Fantasyland theatre if it were to be removed.

My issue would be a plot. The ride can't simply be a "best of" type attraction, especially when we can already visit the Evil Queen and Capt Hook so nearby. A story would have to be constructed to conbine the villians into one new adventure where we are in danger.
    This is true, the plot is a issue for me heh which is why the lack of one in the OP....so I settled, for now, for at least having it flow in a somewhat logical manner, castle to woods, woods to seaside, seaside to underwater, bacl through rocky setting to mountain.

and you are right, being more removed would indeed benefit it. Ideal spot would be Toontown, actually heh but that won't be leaving, likely. If it did though, there could be a actual forest with twisty paths to get to the attraction...that would be optimal.

• =)

It's creative, certainly, and there's a lot going for the idea. But the thing you haven't convinced me on is an overall narrative or reason for them all to be in one place. They all have different geographical origins and different stories, and I'm just having trouble tying them all together. Big deal? Perhaps not. Worse things have happened in Disney theme parks. But a lot can be justified by that logic...

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    I like many of the ideas. Many of us have been wanting them to build a simmilar ride in Paradise Pier. It's a good concept and that was a pretty good selection of Villains with a progression that makes some sense. Maybe a little more background story of why you're there could be helpful to tie the whole story together, but other then that it sounds good.
    This is true, the background plot is needed, maybe something about summoning up Chernabog to wipe out the heroes....have the different scenes of the Villians, except the Horseman, he doesn't seem the type..but Malificent and the Wicked Queen, Jafar, Ursula performing incantations to call him...and a few unrelated little vignettes, with the Horseman and Cruella, Captain Hook.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    It's creative, certainly, and there's a lot going for the idea. But the thing you haven't convinced me on is an overall narrative or reason for them all to be in one place. They all have different geographical origins and different stories, and I'm just having trouble tying them all together. Big deal? Perhaps not. Worse things have happened in Disney theme parks. But a lot can be justified by that logic...
    Right you are heh, and I have addressed it in a few other posts...but quick summary, if it was the villains mainly attempting to summon Chernabog to help them gain power/get rid of the heroes, and he shows up at the end...with a few unrelated scenes featuring folks like the Headless Horseman, and Hook, and the like.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Good thoughts DFC. I'm all for putting something like this in the Hollywood area of DCA.

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    Good thoughts DFC. I'm all for putting something like this in the Hollywood area of DCA.
    I agree. I think that while the idea would work beautifully in Fantasyland, it would work more realitstically in DCA and treating the villians as film characters who have decided to take control. It could even work as a spook house type attraction at PP.

My overall issue with it, is it is very difficult to have an attraction centered on the villians without it turning out to be just various Disney villians popping out and scaring us.

I'd much rather see DCA get a villian overlay for the Halloween season so that villians get their own attraction. I just imagine GRR decked out with smashed pirate ships, tattered flags, and powder kegs. A ships stern crashed utop of the bear's heat with it's jolly roger flying in the night sky. Add some live pirates to scare and a cool crocodile effect, and you have a nice scary attraction for Capt Hook.

• Imagineer in training

Interesting idea.
    How about adding more villians to the 'nightmare' portion of Fantasmic! where the bad guys invade Mickey's dream? Maleficents goons attacking from behind (on the roofs of NOS) while a forest of thorns appears to grow across the Rivers of America. Madame Medusa on her swampmobile chasing Mickey in a giant left propelled by Evinrude. Prince John, Sherrif of Nottingham, Trigger and Nutsy attempting to catch Mickey, while the Rivers seem to be riddled with the spash of countless arrows. The Cauldron Born (Black Cauldron) rising from the River in a swirl of green fog. Ratigan looms overhead in a giant balloon. Judge Doom spraying the audience with 'Dip'. Mickey, Donald and Goofy escaping the Giant down a beanstalk. For Halloween, add in a Headless Horseman chase. The Cheshire Cats smile appearing (and disappearing) somewhere on the island (or perhaps projected onto clouds). Cruella De Vil speeding along the "River" in her car.

• MC, this is LD

Quote Originally Posted by DarylF View Post
    Interesting idea.
    How about adding more villians to the 'nightmare' portion of Fantasmic! where the bad guys invade Mickey's dream? Maleficents goons attacking from behind (on the roofs of NOS) while a forest of thorns appears to grow across the Rivers of America. Madame Medusa on her swampmobile chasing Mickey in a giant left propelled by Evinrude. Prince John, Sherrif of Nottingham, Trigger and Nutsy attempting to catch Mickey, while the Rivers seem to be riddled with the spash of countless arrows. The Cauldron Born (Black Cauldron) rising from the River in a swirl of green fog. Ratigan looms overhead in a giant balloon. Judge Doom spraying the audience with 'Dip'. Mickey, Donald and Goofy escaping the Giant down a beanstalk. For Halloween, add in a Headless Horseman chase. The Cheshire Cats smile appearing (and disappearing) somewhere on the island (or perhaps projected onto clouds). Cruella De Vil speeding along the "River" in her car.
    But wouldn't that invalidate my Fantasmic! CD???

Great idea nonetheless...

• Imagineer in training

Quote Originally Posted by KAN View Post
    But wouldn't that invalidate my Fantasmic! CD???

Great idea nonetheless...

Remember... "Disneyland will never be complete..."

• Banned User

What if there was a narration in the buggies for the ride? Kinda like the Ghost Host in HM. And the buggies could be coach wagons.

The plot could be that you are taking a ride in a coach wagon into the dark forest and you fall asleep. The ride could be a dream, with the climax being the summoning of Chernaborg. And just at the moment where all hope could be lost....
    you crash through another set of doors slightly downwards away from him, accompanied this time by a explosion/flash of light like the end of Alice in Wonderland, but indoors, to head back to the load area.
    The flash could be you waking from the dream and arriving at your destination in a brighter and nicer unloading area, in a completely different room from the loading area.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast