Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• Banned User

Re: Sadness at Snow White's Wishing Well

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    Come on, guys...I know there are plenty of folks around these parts who'll complain about everything, especially when you put them together...
    Agreed. There ARE folks who start threads about every chipping window sill.

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by I Heart Disneyland View Post
    My point was just that so many people (not only you) do nitpik the park, and, it's sad to those of us who don't have the luxury of popping in there every week or month.
    My thing is that I don't nitpick... I probably should have said it but the logs have been missing since I worked there (which was well over a year and a half ago)... I just snapped a picture of it and laughed. Same with the Sword as it is a minor detail that OTHERS noticed and commented on publicly... literally a parent saying "gee ya think they could clean the blade since it's shining right in front of all of us with a giant stain on it" followed by "one heck of a water mark" from another parent in a different party. I didn't say a word, didn't snap a pic. I just enjoyed the moment and shared in the joy as a little boy was crowned king if only for a few brief moments. The fish were really really bad, so I snapped a pic and posted it on here in hopes of it being addressed.

I'm sorry if it saddens you, or others. I would hope that Disney were in tip-top shape, and I refuse to let it bother me if it isn't unless it is THAT bad... and that was pretty bad. I've seen Hippos turn into chia pets, watched river rapids become science experiments, even saw how bad the Tiki Room was before the rehab (as in wood rot, not broken AA's). In all cases I didn't say a word. But when my little ones are asking me what happend to the fish, why are the fish dirty, the fish need a bath, and pointing and saying ewwwwww... then maybe it deserved a post! Thankfully we got them over to the actual well and THAT was actually one of the highlights of their trip. They LOVED the wishing well, and enjoyed the song (we stayed for well over 20 minutes).
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    But when my little ones are asking me what happend to the fish, why are the fish dirty, the fish need a bath, and pointing and saying ewwwwww... then maybe it deserved a post! Thankfully we got them over to the actual well and THAT was actually one of the highlights of their trip. They LOVED the wishing well, and enjoyed the song (we stayed for well over 20 minutes).
    My apologies for calling you out on this. You aren't one of the people who normally whines about the park. You have a darling family and I love that they enjoyed the wishing well. It's so darn cute! You know your way around there, I am sure you know where to find a maintenance room, maybe grab a broom next time you're there and give those dirty fish what for! ha!

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

Seriously. If these little things are so terrible (thread worthy)....don't go to DL for a while. Maybe wait months between trips (like a LOT of us have to do -- maybe wait a year even) and then, DL will be bright, happy and new for you! Even if there's dirt on the fish in the Snow White area! You won't care, because you'll be SO happy to be there again. Try to see DL through the eyes of some of us not as fortunate to go there so often.
    Offtopic, sort of, but I just returned to DL after several months and found that I wasn't really all that happy to be there.

When Disney shut down VMK in May, my daughters and I were pretty mad. It made us feel quite negatively toward Disney. All things Disney, really. So much so, that in June, when my AP was up, I didn't renew it. That hadn't happened since at least the early 1990s. I felt burned out on Disney and just decided not to go for a while.

My son was born a month ago, and this week, we decided to take him to the park. Oddly enough, I didn't look that much forward to it, but I figured once I got into the park, I'd revert to my old Disneyphile self. But I didn't. The novelty of having him with us was enjoyable, but it didn't feel any more special than a day at the park, or the fair, or a church festival.

I've been burned out on Disney before, but not for this long. As stupid as this sounds, I think it's still being bitter about VMK. I feel toward Disney about how I felt toward baseball after they cancelled the 1994 World Series. It took four years before I was a baseball fan again. I hope my Disney burnout doesn't last four years. Who knows what the grotto will look like by then....
    Fight On! Beat the Bears!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

[None]
    The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

• "I Break Things"

My apologies for calling you out on this. You aren't one of the people who normally whines about the park. You have a darling family and I love that they enjoyed the wishing well. It's so darn cute! You know your way around there, I am sure you know where to find a maintenance room, maybe grab a broom next time you're there and give those dirty fish what for! ha!
    For what it's worth I mentioned it to a few CM friends while in the park. One of them actually recommended I post it on here to give it more prominence. No need for apologies. I enjoy Disneyland, and I enjoy watching my kids as they experience things that I cherished as a child. To see my favorites become their favorites. I am lucky to be able to go as often as I go, and thankful that we can go. FYI the next TR includes HISTA... what can I say it was hot out today!

I should have brought my Soft Scrub with Bleach! Darn it.

• Banned User

For what it's worth I mentioned it to a few CM friends while in the park. One of them actually recommended I post it on here to give it more prominence. No need for apologies. I enjoy Disneyland, and I enjoy watching my kids as they experience things that I cherished as a child. To see my favorites become their favorites. I am lucky to be able to go as often as I go, and thankful that we can go. FYI the next TR includes HISTA... what can I say it was hot out today!
    HISTA? Faint! haha! I've not been in there for years. For little ones who've not seen it, it would be fun to see their reactions.

I've been going to DL since 1967, so, I understand taking your kids to enjoy it as you did as a child...I did too! Now my adult kids will sometimes go with us and one day I hope to have grandkids to spoil with DL!

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

There have not been many threads lately about things being shoddy at Disneyland but MiceChat is about all discussions. For those that say if you don't like it don't go, the exact same thing can be said about those who don't like complaining, don't respond.

I must admit, Tech isn't much of a complainer. In fact, I wish his trip reports weren't always so darn happy. hehe.

• "I Break Things"

HISTA? Faint! haha! I've not been in there for years. For little ones who've not seen it, it would be fun to see their reactions.
    Let's say they jumped! a lot! but we had fun.

I've been going to DL since 1967, so, I understand taking your kids to enjoy it as you did as a child...I did too! Now my adult kids will sometimes go with us and one day I hope to have grandkids to spoil with DL!
    My mom is the same way, and has accompanied them on trips before... she spoils the crap out of them... and always does the "you used to love that when you were younger" or "wow that looks just like you as a boy" which is embarrassing.

I try not to nitpick I really really do... but sometimes I feel a responsibility to point something like this out.

I realize it would be impractical to ask that it be cleaned every day but is it too much to ask that it at least not be THAT BAD... especially when the fish are the "special highlight" of the little show.

I also noticed severe water marks on the blade of the Sword in the Stone (which other parents commented on since we were able to see it from over 10ft away!) And I snapped this of the fort

This used to have several "logs" that were falling apart, so the solution was to remove all of them and leave a gaping hole in the fort... good job Disney!
    Remember that the rules were that run till it brakes and then duck tape it and run it again.

Walt's love of Trains!

• Missing an Angel

I have read many of Techs TR's and I have enjoyed them. I don't see the need to bash him simply beacuse he spotted something that needed attention. As we all know, alot of things have recieved attention in the parks only after being posted on a message board. I wouldn't doubt that within a month that the fish in that area will be cleaned because of his post.

Oh, and by the way Tech. It was nice meeting you today. Even if it was for about 10 seconds.

• A Weather Eye Open

part of the appeal of metal works in water is the unique antique-looking patinas the metal develops. are we sure this surface the fish have delveloped isn't intentional? i thought the ariel and trition figures in the fountain looked wonderful.
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

• cmcmcmcmcmcmcmcmcm

I'm sorry guys, but tech hardly complains. Calm down.

Sometimes it's impossible not to notice things like this, even if you come often. Like tech said, many families noticed the sword, and many families notice peeling paint in Toon Town... believe me.

So, let's all take a breath and say "Eh, it is a bit rusty and icky looking but OH WELL!"

"I'm not funny. What I am is brave." - Lucille Ball

• Don't lets be silly! șoș

My thing is that I don't nitpick...
    Yeah really. What we need to do is get you one of these to stand on...

...and I know just the place, though you might need to take the Mayor's daughter Sally May out for lunch...

• Hooterville, USA

Stoopid fish! I wish, I wish, I wish for some new fish.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast