Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

• no flash photography...

Re: Sadness at Snow White's Wishing Well

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    Wow, I really didn't expect a 3 page fiasco over stains on a few fish. It wasn't the end of the world, it didn't ruin a trip. I wasn't screaming to the world that Disneyland's standards have fallen. I didn't beat a path to City Hall demanding that the park be completely restored in the manner Walt expected. I noticed that the fish looked really bad. I brought it to the attention of several CM friends. They then suggested that I post accordingly on here BECAUSE Disney reads the boards. Disney has bumped up schedules in the past because of postings ON HERE. I'm sorry if my posting was seen as a nitpick that ruined the magical image of Disneyland.
    and you posted it on a discussion board. it was discussed. If you did not want different opinions on it then why post it on a discussion board...oh yeah, so disney will read it.....ok...even so it will get discussed and you will get a variety of opinions.

• =)

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe View Post
    and you posted it on a discussion board. it was discussed. If you did not want different opinions on it then why post it on a discussion board...oh yeah, so disney will read it.....ok...even so it will get discussed and you will get a variety of opinions.
    By that logic, he was giving his opinion on your opinion. And now you've posted your opinion on his opinion on your opinion. If it's all nothing more than immutable opinions that are neither right nor wrong...why discuss it?

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    By that logic, he was giving his opinion on your opinion. And now you've posted your opinion on his opinion on your opinion. If it's all nothing more than immutable opinions that are neither right nor wrong...why discuss it?
    with that logic then nothing should be discussed on this board.....however a thread was created with it seems expectations people would agree with the opinion given and then surprised was expressed when not everyone agreed....that part confuses me, but whatever.....

if people do not want to read different opinions then do not read them....I think that was the advice given by some to people who don't like reading complaints ...right?

• Boat shoes all day long

Quote Originally Posted by Club 33 Mike View Post
    So do you ever just go and enjoy being at Disneyland, or is every trip just a chance to find any little thing wrong?
    I second this!
    "Let's get weird" -Abraham Lincoln

• =)

Quote Originally Posted by BoygunaSurf View Post
    I second this!
    I'll again recommend that you read a bunch of techskip's posts, then, because you'll find that the vast majority of them are indeed devoted to him having a great time with his family or making cool, uncritical suggestions on things that'd make the park even more amazing. He's got a good attitude.

a thread was created with it seems expectations people would agree with the opinion given and then surprised was expressed when not everyone agreed....
    All I'm trying to say is that just as people can express (misplaced and, for the most part, later retracted) distaste for techskip's feelings on the matter, he can also express distaste for being attacked as if he's constantly posting negative nitpicks. It's a discussion board, yes, and there are lots of opinions to be had by all. But sometimes, there are opinions that are simply wrong. If you ask me, the idea that techskip is an unappreciative whiner is one of 'em!

• "I Break Things"

What happened to attack the post and not the poster? I posted this so others could see and decide for themselves. Instead an attacking commentary was made about how I am nitpicking and shouldn't visit. The reality is... the fish is dirty... so they can either clean it or they can leave it as it is. We can either discuss it or we can attack each other about how we feel about it. Either way the more conversation about it, the better the chance of Disney seeing it, which is the ultimate goal of posting it to begin with. Again it didn't ruin a trip, it wasn't a horrible tragedy of galactic proportions that constituted an epic complaint on a biblical scale. It was a couple dirty fish, I snapped a pic, and I posted it. I didn't attack the company or blame everyone and scream about lowered standards. I simply snapped a pic. Now I find myself in a defensive mode attempting to prove I am not a nitpicker, simply because I was willing to highlight something that a 4 year old felt should be addressed.

Again what happened to attack the post and not the poster? Why is it that when something is pointed out the automatic assumption is "you shouldn't go as often as you do", but when a trip report is posted in a positive manner the reaction is "I'm glad you guys are able to go as often as you do" AND THESE ARE BY THE SAME POSTERS... that is what gets me. I'm sorry if I ruined the magic for the masses by highlighting a blemish in the overall magic of the happiest place on earth.
    Last edited by techskip; 08-24-2008 at 06:58 PM.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

•   
    • Shenanigans.

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    The reality is... the fish is dirty... so they can either clean it or they can leave it as it is.
    I REALLY hate to nitpick, I would not want to be seen as a nitpicker.........BUT...........I assume we are talking about more than one fish, and so I would point out that "the fish ARE dirty".
    Quote Originally Posted by Aristocat View Post
    I miss David.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ginarella View Post
    All I know is that David is a pimp Gryffindor.

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by larasound View Post
    I REALLY hate to nitpick, I would not want to be seen as a nitpicker.........BUT...........I assume we are talking about more than one fish, and so I would point out that "the fish ARE dirty".
    thank you, a smile, a joke, and a good laugh are always appreciated... it was mainly the brown one that I was referring to, but the others would hopefully be cleaned as well! There is something to be said when a white plaster fish has the appearance of being a brown fish with a couple white spots!

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Is your opinion that the fish are clean? Or is your opinion just I don't like people complaining?

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    If you're one of the people in the first category, think of it this way: perhaps someone else's reasonable and gracious complaint will lead to the problem being fixed before your next trip. Cool, right?
    This is exactly why I, a lifelong local, "nitpicks". Disneyland is a part of my life. It is just one thing that makes up what I call home. I like to be sure that Disneyland is kept up to pristine standards for my own enjoyment and for the enjoyment of others who are not fortunate to live as close or visit there as frequently as I do. There is absolutely nothing wrong that Techskip points this flaw out in hopes that management will notice and take care of it.

For those of you who still may not understand, I HATE all the trash that is left on the beach and the potholes on the roads that need repair. Wanting Disneyland to be maintained at least to me is no different.

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    Is your opinion that the fish are clean? Or is your opinion just I don't like people complaining?
    the fish appear to be dirty. I have seen them worse. However I did not take a picture, post it on a discussion board and they still were cleaned....amazing how that worked.

I have no doubt they will get cleaned again...regardless of what was posted here.

• Banned User

Those fish seem kinda out of place where they are.

• "I Break Things"

the fish appear to be dirty. I have seen them worse. However I did not take a picture, post it on a discussion board and they still were cleaned....amazing how that worked.

I have no doubt they will get cleaned again...regardless of what was posted here.
    Worst case... they get cleaned eventually... best case... schedule gets bumped up and they get cleaned sooner... either way they get cleaned and life moves on. amazing how that works.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

But you commented 6 times moving the thread to the top of the list so people keep reading it. Remember, those that complain about complainers are complainers as well.

• I'm not really here

I don't think I've ever seen more alliteration in a thread before. I'm a bit tongue-tied and not really which is dirtier, the fish or the posters posting about the previously posted fish. =D

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast