Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

• I'm not really here

Re: Sadness at Snow White's Wishing Well

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Hamand View Post
    Just like with a TV show you don't like, turn it off or change the channel. The same option is available here.
    Except it is not like a TV show you don't like. It would be much more accurate to say that you didn't like a minor actor guest starring on your favorite TV show for a week or two. It is something that annoys. You continue to watch the show because it is your favorite. You don't stop watching because of the annoyance.

Are there that many reactionary people out there? When you see something you don't like you stop buying that product? Watching that show? Visiting that place? Permanently? Or do you try to do something about it to fix the problem?

How lame as a society have we become that rather than try to improve things we just go somewhere else? How self-serving, reactive and lazy have we become as a people that when someone takes a proactive stand to try and keep something beautiful they are smeared and lambasted?

Have we honestly become the kind of people to tear down someone trying to make a difference, no matter how small it is? Someone trying to maintain something that we all love? Would we sit in the parks and tell someone we saw picking up another's garbage that they should just not bother coming back to the parks if it bothers them so much?

It is much more sad that the days of professional pride have disappeared to the point where it becomes necessary for the fan community to point these things out repeatedly until they are taken care of. That is the true travesty here.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• =)

Clearly stated? I guess that makes it official.
    I can vouch for it. I've talked directly to people at Disney--er, at Imagineering, at least, although they don't deal with the maintenance issues--who've been patrolling this board quite vigorously. You can believe me or not...that's not my call.

Just like with a TV show you don't like, turn it off or change the channel. The same option is available here.
    ::snort:: Interesting how that very same statement can be used against both sides of this argument...

• CM supporter

30 miles south of the happiest place on earth

I guess my issue is that no one involved in this discussion has any idea what the schedule is, what the budget for these type of cleaning/maintenance issues is, or how different "emergency" show quality issues are prioritized.

The people in charge of these departments have to take all of those into account when fixing/cleaning stuff.

The stockade logs: yeah it looks bad to have those gaps, but would it be better to have a log fall off onto guests? So the logs get taken down, that's priority one, a lower priority is replacing them. I don't know what the issues involved in replacing those logs are, neither does anyone else here. But most people in this thread seem comfortable just decreeing that they must be replaced as soon as someone notices them.

Same with the fish. I would imagine that there is a schedule for cleaning them. But if an issue comes up that is a higher priority, maybe the fish get cleaned next week. i don't know. And neither does anyone else here.
    Ok, with that same logic of nobody here knowing the cleaning schedule, why not just post it anyway to get some attention. Maybe it's scheduled to be cleaned after the holidays and it will just get worse. How are we to know that the maintenance schedule doesn't call for cleaning the roofs of NOS which no one will ever notice.

If someone with schedule influence sees here, on Micechat, that it's really dirty and 4 year olds are noticing it. Maybe it will get cleaned before some other scheduled, unnoticeable by guests, part of the park.

As someone who doesn't get to go to the park very often, I appreciate people like TechSkip. Every time I go, prices have been raised and now with gas being what it is versus the last time I went a year and a half ago, my trip in October is going to be much more costly than it was previously. I remember the last time I went that I saw peeling paint, uncleaned objects, and things like the pole in Indy or the owl on Splash, etc. not working. It's frustrating when I save up for a trip and don't get to go as often as I like, that things like this go on. Just because I don't get to go every week doesn't mean I won't notice. Why should guests keep paying more for something that has declined in cleanliness? I love Disneyland very much and I'm willing to pay a lot of money to enjoy it but part of the worth comes from the higher standards DL has and it's unfortunate that they've gotten sloppy.

Instead of attacking TS for pointing out the negligence and pretty much calling him ungrateful for the many times he gets to go and insinuating he has lost his privilege to have an opinion, be thankful that he's trying to shed light on the dirty fish. Maybe it'll get them to keep it cleaner, maybe it won't. I for one am all for someone holding them to higher standards so we can all enjoy a pristine park.

Curiouser and curiouser...

• CM supporter

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    Except it is not like a TV show you don't like. It would be much more accurate to say that you didn't like a minor actor guest starring on your favorite TV show for a week or two. It is something that annoys. You continue to watch the show because it is your favorite. You don't stop watching because of the annoyance.

Are there that many reactionary people out there? When you see something you don't like you stop buying that product? Watching that show? Visiting that place? Permanently? Or do you try to do something about it to fix the problem?

How lame as a society have we become that rather than try to improve things we just go somewhere else? How self-serving, reactive and lazy have we become as a people that when someone takes a proactive stand to try and keep something beautiful they are smeared and lambasted?

Have we honestly become the kind of people to tear down someone trying to make a difference, no matter how small it is? Someone trying to maintain something that we all love? Would we sit in the parks and tell someone we saw picking up another's garbage that they should just not bother coming back to the parks if it bothers them so much?

It is much more sad that the days of professional pride have disappeared to the point where it becomes necessary for the fan community to point these things out repeatedly until they are taken care of. That is the true travesty here.
    Great points. It is unfortunate that someone trying to do some good gets put down by so many. I love that trash in the park analogy.

• "I Break Things"

I guess my issue is that no one involved in this discussion has any idea what the schedule is, what the budget for these type of cleaning/maintenance issues is, or how different "emergency" show quality issues are prioritized.

The people in charge of these departments have to take all of those into account when fixing/cleaning stuff.

The stockade logs: yeah it looks bad to have those gaps, but would it be better to have a log fall off onto guests? So the logs get taken down, that's priority one, a lower priority is replacing them. I don't know what the issues involved in replacing those logs are, neither does anyone else here. But most people in this thread seem comfortable just decreeing that they must be replaced as soon as someone notices them.

Same with the fish. I would imagine that there is a schedule for cleaning them. But if an issue comes up that is a higher priority, maybe the fish get cleaned next week. i don't know. And neither does anyone else here.
    I don't know, and I don't pretend to know, which is why I didn't blame anyone. I simply posted it in order to give it a little attention. In answer to the City Hall question, I brought this up with a Fantasyland Lead, and showed them the pictures, they noted it. I did not feel it was compelling enough to take to City Hall and they didn't either. My daughter brought it up with several CM friends. They encouraged posting it on here along with the pictures because prior posts have fixed these types of things before! Bruce had a really interesting post a while back about Managers with printed out copies of posts FROM ON HERE using them to address issues. I have known several individuals who have been called in due to their posts, or posts about them. I've even had my own run-in's with those who monitor these boards, both on a professional and personal basis.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

In Sleeping Beauty Castle's Darkest Chamber

Quote Originally Posted by I Heart Disneyland View Post
    Yeah, because THAT is what I meant in my post! I always comment on your darling reports and beautiful children & family. I enjoy them a lot.

My point was just that so many people (not only you) do nitpik the park, and, it's sad to those of us who don't have the luxury of popping in there every week or month.
    Count me in as one of those that don't have the luxury of going to the park a lot. (I go like two times a year: one time in May (although I missed it this year as we went to Boston) and one time in early December.)

[I'm fine with that fact, however. I think I would get bored of the place if I would go more than three times a year.]

But regardless, the Snow White Fountain Fishes shouldn't look like that. I would notice it, regardless of my limited visitor count. It's suppose to be all white and marble, and clearly the fish need some cleaning as they are not that. Not something to ruin your day over, but I definitely think Disney should clean up such a treasured spot (and sadly one of the last) in Disneyland.

CHECK OUT MY NEW MUSIC LOOP THAT I DESIGNED
    FOR AUTUMN TIME AT DISNEYLAND!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL6fk6Ua54k

With kindest regards,
    Maleficent Fan

disneymusicsamples | magicmusic.net

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Hollywood1939, you're a nice guy and I like you a lot, even though you're a Dodger fan.

This is just a question so please don't take it the wrong way. But I recall you posting pics of the rotting window sill behind the Mad Hatter for some time. And if I recall correctly you were "complaining" (for lack of a better word) that Disney wasn't taking care of it. Did you also complain to city hall on that issue?

Like I said this is just a question and I'm not trying to insinuate anything. If my recollection of this is wrong in any way, please correct me and accept my apology.

• Pilot EdForceOne

We don't need to know the schedule to know the result of said schedule is deficient at this time. You harp on something that is irrelevant. The root problem is the degradation of a show element.

Why don't we just 'wait' before mentioning it? Because Disney set the expectations that we shouldn't have to wait - it should have been addressed before becoming an eyesore. Threads like these come up when issues have NOT been addressed.

[...]
    That's right - and if they can't keep up, then DLR has a problem. The expectation was set by Disney himself. You keep bringing up the process - well obviously the process is broke. So knowing it's details are moot.

Many times things simply can't be repaired immediately - there are supply issues, fabrication times, all kinds of things. That doesn't excuse anyone from trying to rectify the problem in a timely fashion or from others from noticing it.

It's totally different to say 'repairs have started and it will take 5 days to complete' vs 'we will look at it 5 days from now'.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Here is a thread that could be useful including how overworked maintenance is just for Space Mountain.

http://micechat.com/forums/showthrea...7.html?t=88717

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Hollywood1939, you're a nice guy and I like you a lot, even though you're a Dodger fan.

This is just a question so please don't take it the wrong way. But I recall you posting pics of the rotting window sill behind the Mad Hatter for some time. And if I recall correctly you were "complaining" (for lack of a better word) that Disney wasn't taking care of it. Did you also complain to city hall on that issue?

Like I said this is just a question and I'm not trying to insinuate anything. If my recollection of this is wrong in any way, please correct me and accept my apology.
    If Snow White's Wishing Well was like that for 18 months, then I would go along with Techskip said. But it hasn't.

dlandjimmy: I read the entire thread, my thoughts still stand. If it comes to even your daughter wanting to complain about that (which I doubt but probably encouraged) then it is time to take a time out from Disneyland.

There is a five year old at my house who would rather be at Disneyland to ride rides and experience the park than to see something dirty and talk about it all day.

No the well should not look like that but give the Resort time. Like I said before if the well looked like that for 6 months then I'd be right on board with you.

And believe me I know that Disney looks at these boards, they've used my pictures from this site before.

Techskip: If you went to City Hall, wouldn't have the problem been notified to maintenance sooner than you going home and then posting on MiceChat and hoping that a Disney exec see's it quickly? And if it ruined your 4 year olds trip, then again, go less than you are. Believe me, I used to go 2-3 times a week and now I go about once ever 2 or 3 months if I'm lucky. Go there to appreciate it, not looking for something like that to post on here.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by hollywood1939 View Post
    If Snow White's Wishing Well was like that for 18 months, then I would go along with Techskip said. But it hasn't.
    For Walt, if it looked like that for long enough for a single guest to notice, it was too long. It is called preventative maintenance.

Quote Originally Posted by dlandjimmy
    I read the entire thread, my thoughts still stand. If it comes to even your daughter wanting to complain about that (which I doubt but probably encouraged) then it is time to take a time out from Disneyland.
    Notice that the daughter didn't complain about it. She merely noticed it and wondered why Snow White wasn't bathing her fish. This is not a complaint but a sign of an attentive and inquisitive mind. And notice the daughter did not come on here and talk about it all day? She went on enjoying the resort, just as techskip did.

No the well should not look like that but give the Resort time.
    They have had time. That kind of damage does not occur overnight. It occurs slowly over weeks. There has been plenty of time.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

mycroft:

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    I don't know, and I don't pretend to know, which is why I didn't blame anyone. I simply posted it in order to give it a little attention. In answer to the City Hall question, I brought this up with a Fantasyland Lead, and showed them the pictures, they noted it. I did not feel it was compelling enough to take to City Hall and they didn't either. My daughter brought it up with several CM friends. They encouraged posting it on here along with the pictures because prior posts have fixed these types of things before! Bruce had a really interesting post a while back about Managers with printed out copies of posts FROM ON HERE using them to address issues. I have known several individuals who have been called in due to their posts, or posts about them. I've even had my own run-in's with those who monitor these boards, both on a professional and personal basis.
    And ah yes the WWWD card.

And techskip I quote you from about 8 months ago:

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    I am just as guilty of pointing out various flaws... but in the grand scheme of things does it really matter? The average person is there to have fun, to celebrate, not to judge or critique.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• CM supporter

Originally Posted by dlandjimmy
    I read the entire thread, my thoughts still stand. If it comes to even your daughter wanting to complain about that (which I doubt but probably encouraged) then it is time to take a time out from Disneyland.

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    Notice that the daughter didn't complain about it. She merely noticed it and wondered why Snow White wasn't bathing her fish. This is not a complaint but a sign of an attentive and inquisitive mind. And notice the daughter did not come on here and talk about it all day? She went on enjoying the resort, just as techskip did.
    That's actually my quote, that was Hollywood's response to what I said.

•   
    • Shenanigans.

I sure hope someone cleans those fish so this thread can go away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aristocat View Post
    I miss David.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ginarella View Post
    All I know is that David is a pimp Gryffindor.

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by hollywood1939 View Post
    And ah yes the WWWD card.
    Not really, this is the "What Walt Did" card, and it is valid. I'm not making assumptions about how he would feel about something. I'm going off of well documented factual information about how he actually did behave and feel.

It is a standard that he set and that should be adhered to. If he, one man, had the time to walk around the park all the time and make sure things were working and looking good, how much more time does the entire maintenance department have? Hmm?

Quote Originally Posted by dlandjimmy View Post
    That's actually my quote, that was Hollywood's response to what I said.
    Apologies. Things were getting a bit hairy in there with all the quotes of quotes going on.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast