Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

• CM supporter

30 miles south of the happiest place on earth

Re: Sadness at Snow White's Wishing Well

Quote Originally Posted by hollywood1939 View Post
    Techskip: If you went to City Hall, wouldn't have the problem been notified to maintenance sooner than you going home and then posting on MiceChat and hoping that a Disney exec see's it quickly? And if it ruined your 4 year olds trip, then again, go less than you are. Believe me, I used to go 2-3 times a week and now I go about once ever 2 or 3 months if I'm lucky. Go there to appreciate it, not looking for something like that to post on here.
    Tech does go to the park and appreciate it. He had a good time, and then got home and figured "guess I'll post these on Micechat. That's the advice my Cast Member friends gave me. Maybe it'll help."

It's not like he took out his "Great Mouse Detective: Junior Detectives Kit" and went to the park looking for areas to scrutinize. Again, he's trying to help make the park a better and cleaner place for all to enjoy, why is that such a problem?

• "I Break Things"

My daughter is 4, she takes after me in the sense of having an excellent memory! I could relate the entire conversation she had with my CM friends (former Jungle Skips I might add) however I didn't want to present an image of a child who had FUN at Disneyland since the ongoing misconception has been that this somehow ruined everything when it didn't. She talked on end about the various things she has seen and done. At one point she talked about hearing Snow White in the wishing well, looking for the bird in the movie, and then the poor fish that needed a bath. This prompted questions to me about this fish. I showed them the pictures I had shown the Fantasyland Lead, and they encouraged me to post the pictures as well.

This is an "on the spot" complaint as Mr Liver so nicely put it. It should be reported "on the spot" and a Fantasyland Lead is more then capable of bringing it up with Fantasyland Management who in turn could bring it up with Custodial and have it fixed on 3rd shift. City Hall doesn't even keep a record of complaints anymore, bothering them with a minor detail would be pointless when it can be addressed "on the spot".

Also... I do not know what the appearance of this fish has been over the last 18 months, or over the last month, or over the last week. We may visit often but this is the FIRST TIME my kids have ever been to the Wishing Well. Just because we go often does not mean we see everything every time. We seek out a new experience each time. My kids were recently given my old collection of Disney movies (Mom had them). They now see the park in a new light. Before they knew of the characters through Disney's amazing marketing... now they know the characters through the actual movies! They LOVE Snow White, and that is why we waited to take them to the well... so she heard Snow White's voice, she looked for the birds from the movie, and she noticed a fish needed a bath! I want to stress, again 7 pages worth of stressing this point, that it DID NOT RUIN OUR TRIP.

To address the quote about noticing details. There is a difference between joking about theme violations, and posting every little issue you have with the park. I rarely post pictures involving maintanence, and usually stay clear of such threads. I remember the great napkin debate, and still do not understand why some details appear to be weighted so heavily, but that is up to the individual.
    Last edited by techskip; 08-25-2008 at 12:31 PM.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by hollywood1939 View Post
    And techskip I quote you from about 8 months ago:
    Here is the whole nitpicking thread which is now closed but is a good read... the quote was taken completely out of context. I was commenting on how nitpicking the magic can ruin it in the grand scheme of things!

http://micechat.com/forums/showthrea...80#post2383980

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

We were at the wishing well on July 5 and I know the fish were clean then. I understand having a complaint but I think it should have been brought to City Hall before bringing it to an online board. Disneyland was not given any time to even clean the fish or find out about that there might be a complaint before it was brought up in an online community.

Yes, you told a lead, and you told some CM friends but saying that you did not 'want to bother them on a minor detail' but turning around and posting a picture and complaining about how sad your daughter was on a large internet forum in my opinion is being very unfair to Disneyland and all their CM's.

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by pratt55 View Post
    I think it should have been brought to City Hall before bringing it to an online board. Disneyland was not given any time to even clean the fish or find out about that there might be a complaint before it was brought up in an online community.
    Disney has had since July 5th to notice this on their own before it got this bad. They have had weeks, as I said earlier, and have done nothing. They have had time.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by pratt55 View Post
    We were at the wishing well on July 5 and I know the fish were clean then. I understand having a complaint but I think it should have been brought to City Hall before bringing it to an online board. Disneyland was not given any time to even clean the fish or find out about that there might be a complaint before it was brought up in an online community.

Yes, you told a lead, and you told some CM friends but saying that you did not 'want to bother them on a minor detail' but turning around and posting a picture and complaining about how sad your daughter was on a large internet forum in my opinion is being very unfair to Disneyland and all their CM's.
    How is it being unfair? I am not blaming anyone, did not blame anyone, did not wake the dead and demand anything be fixed. I didn't point a finger at substandard practices, or claim that Walt would not ever let this happen. It was a minor blemish on a fantastic trip. I post this, and suddenly I find myself defending my post as not being a nitpick. If anyone is to be blamed then the question should be posed as to why it needed to be bad enough FOR someone to complain to begin with...

This was the first time we had seen the fish show...we were just shocked at the color of the fish, that's all people. I am thrilled to hear it was clean in early July and now curious if it has been cleaned since the start of this thread.

•   
    • Shenanigans.

I really am having a hard time figuring out why this is continuing. The fish looked gross, tech pointed it out, BIG DEAL! No one should have to defend themselves because they made an observation and posted it on this board.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aristocat View Post
    I miss David.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ginarella View Post
    All I know is that David is a pimp Gryffindor.

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by larasound View Post
    I really am having a hard time figuring out why this is continuing. The fish looked gross, tech pointed it out, BIG DEAL! No one should have to defend themselves because they made an observation and posted it on this board.
    You're right, but it seems that any time someone posts something negative it destroys peoples idea that Disneyland is this magical place where nothing wrong ever happens.

At least by all the evidence in any thread where anyone points out something that isn't up to standard.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Senior Minion

I'm a defender of people's right to post complaints (within the rules of the forum), without other posters attempting to censor, scold, chastise or otherwise control them. I agree with "protest the post, not the poster!"

That said, railing against those who they label as complainers, whiners or naysayers is an old partisan tradition in online forums, all the way back to pre-Usenet BBS days. "If you love it, you shouldn't complain about it" and its innumerable corollaries (from "If you complain about it, you don't love it," to the notorious "Love it or leave it") are as common as bug splats on a windshield. In Disney forums clear back to r.a.d.d., it takes the form of "If you complain about the Park, you must hate it, therefore why do you even visit?"

All in all, though, this forum is a pretty respectful group. Some of the online bashing in video game forums truly makes your hair stand on end. And some of the rougher days on r.a.d.d. makes even that look tame!
    Last edited by Mr Wiggins; 08-25-2008 at 03:51 PM.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    r.a.d.d
    Not recognizing the R... but I am well versed in Alt Disney Disneyland!

• I'm not really here

Ah the good old usenet days. Yes, bashing was brutal back then while the rules of online etiquette were still being hashed out.

I'm not getting the R. either.

• =)

I hear ya, Mr. Wiggins. Thanks for chipping in. I must say, there's sometimes some validity to complaining about complaining...I mean, some people truly do take a purely negative outlook on Disneyland or whatever the issue is at hand, yet they insist on continuing to go and focusing on the negative. In cases like that, those sorts of replies are absolutely justified. But not in cases like this. I hope certain people listen to what you're saying.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    I mean, some people truly do take a purely negative outlook on Disneyland or whatever the issue is at hand, yet they insist on continuing to go and focusing on the negative. In cases like that, those sorts of replies are absolutely justified. But not in cases like this.
    With apologies to the thread and OP for continuing OT: I'd have to respectfully disagree.

The bolded words above are your labeling of what I and others might label very differently. What you may feel is "purely negative," I may feel is justified criticism.

My point is that as soon as anyone justifies diminishing the poster's right to criticize, you've got the beginning of online vigilantism. It's the mods' job, not yours or mine, to deal with forum content. If a poster is violating the forum rules, by all means, report him. If a poster is violating your opinion, argue the opinion. But he has as much right to speak negatively here as you do to speak positively.*

"Protest the post, not the poster."

*Except for Swab, who by Special Decree has 42% more rights than the rest of us. Sorry, that's just the way it is.

- Neil Gabler

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    Not recognizing the R... but I am well versed in Alt Disney Disneyland!
    Sorry, geek-brainslip. The R is for rec. (recreation), A for arts, in rec.arts.disney.disneyland.

Gawd, I'm suddenly overcome by an irresistible desire to spend the rest of the afternoon tweaking config.sys.

- Neil Gabler

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast