Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Re: Sadness at Snow White's Wishing Well

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    How is it being unfair? I am not blaming anyone, did not blame anyone, did not wake the dead and demand anything be fixed. I didn't point a finger at substandard practices, or claim that Walt would not ever let this happen. It was a minor blemish on a fantastic trip. I post this, and suddenly I find myself defending my post as not being a nitpick. If anyone is to be blamed then the question should be posed as to why it needed to be bad enough FOR someone to complain to begin with...

Techskip you don't have to defend yourself against anyone, these people aren't worth it. They simply don't get it and never will. We all know you are 100% justified in your threads. I think you've earned that respect.
    Last edited by Seawolf; 08-25-2008 at 04:47 PM.

• Disney Geek

Fix the fish. This is DL not Six Flags!

Quote Originally Posted by hollywood1939 View Post
    dlandjimmy: I read the entire thread, my thoughts still stand. If it comes to even your daughter wanting to complain about that (which I doubt but probably encouraged) then it is time to take a time out from Disneyland.
    That's a terrible thing to say! If a child, who loves Disneyland, happens to notice anything wrong during their day at the park, the child should be be prevented from coming back for some time? What? You'd punish her for being observant?

If something really catastrophic happened, like the castle collapsing, an omnibus going out of control and careening into the Partners statue, the Mark Twain sinking, something like that, would anyone be allowed to notice or talk about it here, or would that still be considered nitpicking the magic? Yeah, okay, big difference between that and moldy fish, but where's the cutoff line between what we're allowed to notice and what we're supposed to completely ignore or not see?

If we arrive at the park and discover that it's probably been around a month since they cleaned up the horse droppings on Main Street, should we ignore it because, well, it might all be cleaned up tomorrow? Is it a sign that someone (including a child) goes to the park too much and should stop going if they look at it and say, "Hey, there's lots of horse poop on Main Street"? If they mention it here, should they be attacked for nitpicking and not appreciating the parts of the park that aren't several inches high in manure? Why try to control how much detail others are allowed to notice and post about here? Should every post be just "Disneyland good, I like rides"?

Meanwhile, I hope the fish get cleaned. Whatever the cleaning schedule is for them clearly needs to be adjusted. Yes, there are more important things, and they should be dealt with as well. Disneyland is supposed to hire enough CMs to take care of both the big things and the small details.

Red Face Re: Sadness at Snow White's Wishing Well

Quote Originally Posted by drb View Post
    That's a terrible thing to say! If a child, who loves Disneyland, happens to notice anything wrong during their day at the park, the child should be be prevented from coming back for some time? What? You'd punish her for being observant?

If something really catastrophic happened, like the castle collapsing, an omnibus going out of control and careening into the Partners statue, the Mark Twain sinking, something like that, would anyone be allowed to notice or talk about it here, or would that still be considered nitpicking the magic? Yeah, okay, big difference between that and moldy fish, but where's the cutoff line between what we're allowed to notice and what we're supposed to completely ignore or not see?

If we arrive at the park and discover that it's probably been around a month since they cleaned up the horse droppings on Main Street, should we ignore it because, well, it might all be cleaned up tomorrow? Is it a sign that someone (including a child) goes to the park too much and should stop going if they look at it and say, "Hey, there's lots of horse poop on Main Street"? If they mention it here, should they be attacked for nitpicking and not appreciating the parts of the park that aren't several inches high in manure? Why try to control how much detail others are allowed to notice and post about here? Should every post be just "Disneyland good, I like rides"?

Meanwhile, I hope the fish get cleaned. Whatever the cleaning schedule is for them clearly needs to be adjusted. Yes, there are more important things, and they should be dealt with as well. Disneyland is supposed to hire enough CMs to take care of both the big things and the small details.

um i think inches high of horse poo on a street that you walk on is just a little different than a fish that spits water in a pond that you never get to go into.... just a thought
    I would have gotten you flowers.....But the light turned green!

Quote Originally Posted by goofyguy86 View Post
    um i think inches high of horse poo on a street that you walk on is just a little different than a fish that spits water in a pond that you never get to go into.... just a thought
    Of course it's different, but where do we set the cut-off? Who makes the rules as to what's a valid thing to notice, and what's a minor detail that nobody should see or comment on, or else there's something wrong with THEM for even noticing it? Okay, so we shouldn't be able to spot big patches of mold on fish. Then why even have the fish, if we're not supposed to really look at them? How bad does something have to be before we're allowed to notice it?

• Mean Mermaid

Of course it's different, but where do we set the cut-off? Who makes the rules as to what's a valid thing to notice, and what's a minor detail that nobody should see or comment on, or else there's something wrong with THEM for even noticing it? Okay, so we shouldn't be able to spot big patches of mold on fish. Then why even have the fish, if we're not supposed to really look at them? How bad does something have to be before we're allowed to notice it?
    First off: That's mold??? I swore that was just the gold paint wearing off from DL's fiftieth!!! That's a little gross...

Secondly: It's alright. I do aggree that a child shouldn't be taken away from Disneyland simply because she spots some moldy fish, but isn't this becoming a little dramatic? I'm sure, one day, during off-season, maybe even this September, they'll send some lovely custodial staff down there in big rubber boots to clean it up.

And if they don't... well, my foot will be in my mouth, won't it?

Disneyland is, above all, a place where we can escape the burdens of our everyday lives, and step back in time to our youth. A time when our only cares were having enough band-aids for our frequent owies. It is a perfect place, created by a man who was truly a genious. Simply driving to the Park and seeing the Matterhorn from a distance, stirs sheer happiness. Walking in the main gate makes a grown man, a father of three grown children, giddy with the happiness of summer vacation after a year of 3rd grade.

It is unique in the world, and we are blessed for having it, and for being near enough to go with any frequency. Observing a little something that needs attention is better for Walt's show. When there is such a vast place to keep after, it's daunting for anyone. An eye for detail is a gift, and benefits those who have the power to make necessary improvements. It does not mean anything negative. It's constructive.

I, too, suffer from the same attention to detail. Not so long ago, Indy was shaking like he had Parkinson's. I simply brought it to the attention of the lead, who had no idea. It helps Walt's show. He'd have done the same thing. In a way, we are carrying on Walt's work. How's that for a positive spin?

i was just saying there is a big difference between moldy fish and poo on a street one is a little more well actually a lot worse than the other one the cut off? i dont know but who cares am i going to think that a fish that is dirty is going to ruin my time at the park then ill bring some boots and a brush and clean it
    I would have gotten you flowers.....But the light turned green!

• Don't lets be silly! șoș

Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf View Post
    We all know you are 100% justified in your threads.
    Let's not over react here... Some times his threads could use a few more pictures

Techskip, what did you and your family think of Pixar Play Parade?!!

• =)

Quote Originally Posted by goofyguy86 View Post
    am i going to think that a fish that is dirty is going to ruin my time at the park then ill bring some boots and a brush and clean it
    Techskip has said numerous times that it didn't ruin his time at the park. Nothing in his OP indicated that it did. And if you check his other posts, you'll realize that he mostly talks about what a great time he has in the park, with cute photos to prove it. He simply saw something wrong and mentioned it without making a big deal of it. It's the dissenters who've made this into a big deal, and in doing so, may actually increase the chances of the management seeing this thread and considering moving up that cleaning schedule.

As to jumping in and cleaning it yourself...well, I know you're being tongue-in-cheek, but you'll totally get kicked out of the park or at least reprimanded if you try that. There are people who are paid to do it and not get in trouble for it.

• "I Break Things"

Just to prove what a nitpick actually is I was tempted to harp on this by taking a photo of the fish again this evening. The reality is I've brought attention to it, and I do not see a need to visit the fish every trip to ensure it is cleaned... as I said it isn't nearly as big of a deal as it has become... BUT I CAN MAKE IT ONE... which is why I was a tad upset about the nitpicking comments! Personally I would rather have a fish then a spitting chia pet, but that's just me.

Instead I took the family out this evening, we saw Jungle, we saw Pirates, we watched some Fireworks... but I doubt any of you wanted to hear that. Many probably were hoping I snapped a picture of a dirty fish just so I could be called a nitpicker... sorry... I was too busy having fun with the family.

This post is not baiting anyone. It is proving a point. I wasn't nitpicking before and I refuse to do so now. I brought this up in hopes of shining a spotlight on it. I went both the official route, and the Micechat route. I will never know if my actions got it cleaned faster, but as long as it gets done who cares.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• =)

You tell 'em, techskip! (And I'm very glad you had a good time, as always.)

• Practically Magic

Blog Entries

Don't let 'em get to you, Tech. Anyone giving you a hard time for posting a picture of some fish is definitely not worth thinking about, no matter where you are or what you're doing.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

You know, the fish do look gross. But in a way they kind of look like koi especially with the markings on them caused by all of that gunk.

So if Disney isn't going to do anything about it, maybe you can at least call them koi fish and leave it at that.

• First Time Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    You know, the fish do look gross. But in a way they kind of look like koi especially with the markings on them caused by all of that gunk.

So if Disney isn't going to do anything about it, maybe you can at least call them koi fish and leave it at that.
    I was thinking the same thing They kind of look like gold fish.
    Walt Disney World - August 2010!

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast