Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast

• "I Break Things"

Sad Sadness at Snow White's Wishing Well

Please read the update below

I try not to nitpick I really really do... but sometimes I feel a responsibility to point something like this out.

I realize it would be impractical to ask that it be cleaned every day but is it too much to ask that it at least not be THAT BAD... especially when the fish are the "special highlight" of the little show.

I also noticed severe water marks on the blade of the Sword in the Stone (which other parents commented on since we were able to see it from over 10ft away!) And I snapped this of the fort

This used to have several "logs" that were falling apart, so the solution was to remove all of them and leave a gaping hole in the fort... good job Disney!

...UPDATE...
    As a joke my wife suggested we go over to the Wishing Well today. Unfortunately she said it a bit too loud and our 4 year old excitedly chanted "Wishing Well" over and over. So, without much of an option we went over there. I'll post the pictures before I say anything more

That white blur appears to be either a heavily bleached fish, or a brand new one! The other two also showed signs of being heavily bleached and cleaned, minor staining. Needless to say my 4 year old was overjoyed that Snow White gave all her fish a bath (she said she needed to scrub harder on the other two which made me laugh!) So, to all I would like to say thank you. It is entirely possible that this thread did nothing, and that this was scheduled to happen, pure coincidence. Or this thread could have been viewed by someone who felt it needed to be addressed. In either case we will never know but that isn't important. This thread was a means to an end, and the end result was that the fish was either cleaned or replaced. Thank you to everyone who kept this thread alive, be it critiquing me, supporting me, or simply posting your own comments. Every post in this thread kept the light on that little fish, and gave others a chance to see it! My 4 year old also says thank you, and that she got to play with Alice and Mad Hatter (long story).
    Last edited by techskip; 09-07-2008 at 07:03 PM.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Re: Sadness at Snow White's Wishing Well

Hopefully they are just repairing the missing logs.

As for the fish...yeah, that's pretty bad...

...Paging Matt...

...Mr Matt Ouimet?

• Banned User

Where abouts is the Snow White Wishing Well anyway?

• Banned User

Seriously. If these little things are so terrible (thread worthy)....don't go to DL for a while. Maybe wait months between trips (like a LOT of us have to do -- maybe wait a year even) and then, DL will be bright, happy and new for you! Even if there's dirt on the fish in the Snow White area! You won't care, because you'll be SO happy to be there again. Try to see DL through the eyes of some of us not as fortunate to go there so often.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Manning View Post
    Where abouts is the Snow White Wishing Well anyway?
    Facing the castle, from Main Street, it's on the right side. There's a wishing well in the center of the walkway that leads through that side of the castle, and, into Fantasyland. On the right, there are Snow White and the 7 dwarves on a waterfall type thingy. It's very cute!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by I Heart Disneyland View Post
    Facing the castle, from Main Street, it's on the right side. There's a wishing well in the center of the walkway that leads through that side of the castle, and, into Fantasyland. On the right, there are Snow White and the 7 dwarves on a waterfall type thingy. It's very cute!
    So if you're going up towards the Matterhorn from Main Street, & Ariel's Grotto/Pixie Hollow is on the right, then this on the left?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Manning View Post
    So if you're going up towards the Matterhorn from Main Street, & Ariel's Grotto/Pixie Hollow is on the right, then this on the left?
    Face the castle...pretend you are headed over the bridge, and through the center of the castle. But, instead, go to the right, and there is another bridge to cross. It's on the side of Matterhorn, but, if you are at Matterhorn...you are WAYYYYY off. I don't know Pixie Hollow. Stay at the castle, just pass on the right side, still on the cement that leads through the center, just head off to the right side. There's a bridge with a heart in the center. And, the wishing well is there and the statues are on the right of it, in the water, and, on a hill.

I'd say yes, it's on the left of the area you'd walk to going toward Ariel's.

Luke, you don't know where the wishing well is? It's a quaint little spot, our kids enjoyed it and our daughter even said it was the highlight to "see Snow White in the wishing well." She meant hear, but SW is her favorite. She echoes back the song.
    I don't think tech meant any harm, just pointed out how "dirty" the fish looked. It was quite surprising to me! That does not mean we go too often or don't enjoy DL with the eyes of a child however. We love DL and are grateful to have the opportunity to go often. We cherish our trips there with our children and to think otherwise is to misunderstand.

• 11/7/08 Fantasmic Returns

So do you ever just go and enjoy being at Disneyland, or is every trip just a chance to find any little thing wrong?
    ....You think your so powerful? Well this is my dream....

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Club 33 Mike View Post
    So do you ever just go and enjoy being at Disneyland, or is every trip just a chance to find any little thing wrong?
    Bravo! Bravo! This is how I feel when I read these threads about all the bad stuff at DL. I can only go 3-4 times a year, and, I don't care if there's dirt on the roof of Space Mtn! ha!

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

"Ariel" is also dirty and needs to be cleaned. Lucky, we don't have to worry about that anymore. She's been taken out.

Let's say, Snow White's Wishing Well is on the Eastside of the castle, closer to Tomorrowland.

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by Club 33 Mike View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by I Heart Disneyland View Post
    Bravo! Bravo! This is how I feel when I read these threads about all the bad stuff at DL. I can only go 3-4 times a year, and, I don't care if there's dirt on the roof of Space Mtn! ha!
    Feel free to look over my posts, and my TR's, this is the first time I have brought this up and I did not wish to nitpick. There is a difference between a bit of dirt and something that is honestly disgusting. It didn't ruin a trip, didn't phase me, I simply snapped a picture and moved on. I know Disney monitors the boards, and hopefully highlighting this would get it cleaned.

I guess I should refrain from posting TR's with pics of the kids having fun in the park because it may highlight the fact that we don't let the little things bother us. We're lucky to go as often as we do, I get that, and I make a point of doing something different every time.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post

I guess I should refrain from posting TR's with pics of the kids having fun in the park because it may highlight the fact that we don't let the little things bother us..
    Yeah, because THAT is what I meant in my post! I always comment on your darling reports and beautiful children & family. I enjoy them a lot.

My point was just that so many people (not only you) do nitpik the park, and, it's sad to those of us who don't have the luxury of popping in there every week or month.

• Banned User

I see what you mean techship, I'm not judging, but I am sure there going to clean it when they get to it. there is so many details to keep up with that maybe this is not the most important at this point. I love the reports, keep em coming!!! them kids are adorable and you get to see more of whats going on then most of us who do not go so often. I think you, your wife and kids brighten up this board.

• =)

Come on, guys...I know there are plenty of folks around these parts who'll complain about everything, especially when you put them together...but techskip ain't one of 'em. He rarely nitpicks about stupid stuff--most of his posts are cute TRs or really interesting, constructive ideas for the park. Careful not to generalize too much.

This was, by the way, down payment for the next you consider making a UCLA joke, techskip. And all that being said...at first, I didn't even know what was wrong with the photos.

Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast