Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Don't lets be silly! ºoº

Pixar Play Parade (5 months later)

So after reading the posts when this parade, it seemed to have mixed reviews; though most leaning to liking it.

So I what I would like to know is:

What did you think when you first heard they were replacing Block Party Bash?
    I never saw Block Party Bash, and wasn't really interested in seeing it. Not a huge fan of the whole loud music thing...

What did you think of the Parade when you first saw it?
    In all honesty, I'm not a fan of parades to start with, and more so, not a fan of DCA. I didn't give much thought to it when I first saw it.

What do you think about the Parade now?
    I adore the Pixar Play Parade! It's wonderful and fun, and really pulls you in. The energy is incomparable, and Disney truly went all out on this one.

Which is your favorite float?
    I've pondered this question many times. It's a toss up between a Bugs float and the Ratatouille float.

What is your favorite part of the Parade?
    I like the fact that it doesn't stop. I don't need to find a special place in order to see the show stop. Everyone gets the same show.

Who is your favorite character?
    Flik! He's just so darn cute! And blue!

And finally, who would you say is the most amusing character?

Heimlich! He's all over the place, literally! I think it's hilarious when his derrièregets lost, and looks around for the rest of him.
    Last edited by DisneyMouse; 08-24-2008 at 06:45 PM. Reason: Sorry, I wanted to add one more question in...

• Shubisha

Re: Pixar Play Parade (5 months later)

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMouse
    I like the fact that it doesn't stop. I don't need to find a special place in order to see the show stop. Everyone gets the same show.
    Well for the most part. To me the best viewing spot is the whole stretch between bug's land and paradise pier, but I guess all the bouncing rats and the swinging cowboys take a break during that area kind've forcing me to pick somewhere else to sit. Even though I consider that the ideal viewing location it doesn't seem to be that crowded ever, so I guess it's a well picked time.

I was really looking forward to it but when I saw it, even though I thought it was fun, it really lacked depth as far as the number of street performers went and it felt like it needed another float or two.

Pretty much the same thing. I never minded the water and I think it's all a fun time but it doesn't feel like it has enough depth. I'm glad they got it back to its original form at least after whatever issues they had to keep dealing with, but that still leaves my first dilemma and I'm not going to allow myself to think that at least it's better than it was when they were missing everything.

Bugs float. The dance breaks really drive it for me and I think this float's is the funnest. It's a shame merchandise must have such little faith in the entertainment put out that they couldn't get a parade CD out for this parade yet again. :P

The unit dance-break music. I don't even about for the main theme borrowed from hong kong. It seems like they clearly just pulled the idea to do something from a similar basis to what Hong Kong did so they started from there and continued to add on what else we see, but the whole "play play it's a play parade..." theme is really dull to me and I think they should've decided the atmosphere they put together in the different unit's musical themes could've gone with a different overliner. I'm sure that they're quite happy with the theme themselves though, it's just my and some I've talked to's opinion.

Remy. I'm not sure why but I kind've got Remy into the mindset of a silent character. Of course Disney puts voices to their characters all the time but hearing him talk in the parade surprised me. And he always sounds like such a happy little rat.

Emile. Him ducking in and out of his little cup is very funny.

• You didn't see anything!

Blog Entries

I wasn't expecting the amount of water they put on you. I thought it was going to be a heavy mist, but nope! I also wasn't expecting Queen or Cyndi Lauper references either haha.

Love love LOVE Pixar Play Parade. I finally memorized the words to the song and I could watch a million times without getting sick of it.

The Toy Story seesaw float. I FINALLY got to see the dude on the bar that twirls around. So awesome.

The music. So bouncy and so much fun to dance to. OH! And the dudes on the spring stilts during the Incredibles.

Boo. So cute.

Mr. Potatohead. The whole wiggling of the eyes is adorable.

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

I thought it was cute but I was bitter toward it because I loved Block Party Bash and I don't get the water aspect

It's still just cute to me. I kind of wish there was more to it, I hate having to hide my camera for fear of water damage. I do like the acrobatics though (those were not present the first couple times I saw it due to the Bugs Life Fiasco) and the costumes are crazy

I think Ratatouille cause I love the rats... they're so high energy and cute. Also the chefs are hilarious

I dunno...the music's kind of fun. Like i said, I like the acrobatics... spinning, bouncing, etc

Emilie or Flick... or maybe Sulley w/ his itty bitty party hat

The chefs for the Rat float. They're faces are so over the top and priceless!

I had low expectations. I loved Block Party Bash, and was thrilled when it was moved to DHS. So I would say over all, it slightly exceeded my somewhat low expectations. I didn't have super low expectations so this is not a dig. I totally enjoyed that first viewing and when it comes to parades, its all about Music and the Parade was catchy and memorable in that respect.
    Not sure, I first saw it in May, and then again in July. I will say this, I perfer it to Walt Disney's Parade of Dreams, which always has seemed someone over-rated to me. I am a very harsh critic of WDW entertainment, but honestly, I find Parade of Dreams to be equal, not superior, to MK's Dreams Come True Parade.

Jack Jack!

The Music.

As long as I haven't forgotten to fill out my paper work, its Definately Roz!!!

Heimlick! I love his constant out of body... misplaced body... no body... some body..... experiences.

• Banned User

God this is so much better than Block Party Bash!

Still love it!

A Bug's Life.

I love the chick's costumes in the Finding Nemo & Toy Story floats! I also love the music!

Roz. Amazing on the parade route.

Agreed, Heimlich.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by almandot View Post
    The unit dance-break music. I don't even about for the main theme borrowed from hong kong.
    It wasn't borrowed from Hong Kong. The song was wrote for both parades at the same time. PPP just debuted a few months later.

• Banned User

you know Luke, you could have just edited your other post and put that info in.

I don't want to like it, but I do! I do like it! Best parade ever!

I watched it every day of my visit, and it never got old. It replaced Block Party as my favorite parade.

I love the Nemo float, with the turtles, Crush, and the details all over the place on it. The Nemo, Dory, Marlin, and Squirt puppets are really cool too.

The water jets are so cool! I wish people had come up with that idea earlier.

Flik and Atta. How cool is it that they are on a swing....moving through DCA....on a parade!

Heimlich. I love how he splits up into pieces and the pieces walk around the route.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by stitchon View Post
    you know Luke, you could have just edited your other post and put that info in.
    I was going to. But I accidentally pressed Post.

the parade is very enjoyable and quite energetic it did lack something though and i will explain at the end

still a fun energetic parade but still in need of something more

bugs life

the interaction with the guests

remy!

Heimlich!

Ok here is what i feel lacks with the parade. When i was first introduced to the idea of the parade and the amount of guest interactivity i was pleasantly surprised. As the parade developed and continued to be prepared for guest viewing i was dissapointed that several smaller floats for the Monsters Inc section were eleminated.

I also understand that people sometimes do not like the show stops but the parade was designed to have show stops with some very impressive choreagraphed sectins as well as lots of guest interaction. The music was also beginning to develop and would had made the show stop quite enjoyable.

Problems with the finishing of the music and score for the show stop eventually caused it to be elminated. Even after its debut plans were still in effect to add them in.

The water interaction with guests was also towned down tremendously, partially due to some complaints which worried some people especially since many of the complaints were coming from "apers". No need to have another expensive production estroyed by internet rambling. Yes there were some safety issue in regards to the stilt walkers but that could have been solved with some adjustments.

Still at the end the parade is fun and perfect for DCA.

• Banned User

I miss Block Party. I say this every time I see P3.

• Don't lets be silly! ºoº

I suppose theres always time to add it if they feel the need would you say Baloo? Though I will say those performers put everything they have into making this parade wonderful and filled with life and energy!

• Resident Fantasmic Guru

Still waiting for the wintertime showstops.

FF
    "A Journey Beyond Your Wildest Imagination..."

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by FantasmicFanatic View Post
    Still waiting for the wintertime showstops.
    Wintertime show-stops?

• A Suitcase & A Dream

What did you think when you first heard they were replacing Block Party Bash?
    I was somewhat mad Block Party Bash was leaving, I think it was a nice alternative to a regular parade.
    The first time I saw it was shortly after the bug's life float accident so I didn't want to jusge it until I saw the complete parade
    I very much enjoy the Pixar Play Parade, I love "Countdown to Fun" and "Bug's Just Want to Have Fun" songs.
    I would have to say the whole "a bug's life" section is very entertaining and I'm glad the problems with it were worked out enough for it to return.
    I like how well the theme of "play" was incorporated into the floats and watching people get squirted.
    Jack Jack

Heimlich is very amusing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)