Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 916171819

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

Re: Pirates of the Caribbean R.I.P.

Delete post please..

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict
    I don't think it was all of the dress, it only looked like a piece of it. That fabric was way too small to be a full dress...and it was kinda see-through.
    I think you are right about that, It did look to small for a dress.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Evan-500
    Does it show whole ride, or just bits? What section is it under on bonus dvd?

People have jumped off the boats before!
    Before you see the ride itself, you see a clip of Walt describing the ride and taking you through all of the scenes. Then you see the opening day ceremony of the ride. Then you ride the ride.

Basically it shows every scene of the original ride. Let me try to explain it. The camera is not "ON" any boats, it is set up on the stages of the ride and films each scene in the order that you would see them as if you were riding the ride. So for example in the film you first watch the scene where people fall down the waterfall, Then you go through the caves, Then you watch the battle scene, Then you watch the mayor getting dunked scene, Then you watch the burning village scene, then you watch the jail scene, and then you watch the scene where the pirates are trying to escape at the end of the ride.

Believe me it is extremely better than it sounds. It is basically you riding the original POTC at your own home. Perhaps someone else may be able to explain it better.....But if you have POTC: Curse of the Black Pearl on DVD, put in the 2nd bonus disc, click on Pirates in the Park, and click on the the clip from Walt Disneys World of Color. It is really cool and a good clip for the extreme POTC fans.

• "Always On The Move..."

I have always loved PoC and begged my Mom to make me a pirate costume from it. Not just any pirate costume, but a PoC pirate costume LOL. So, the ride has a lot of meaning for me. However, I also fell completely in love with the PoC film. Though it was brilliant, and everytime I would see it (and still continue to watch it) I always see one more little tie-in to the ride. When I first went back on the ride after seeing the film and came to the Pirate ship, I and my friends all through "What a perfect place for Barbossa" then at the jail scene, it was almost a dissapointment not to have Captn Jack sitting in that empty cell, hat down, eyes closed and making his remarks.. So, for me..NOT for anyone else, I can hardly wait for the AA's to come in. But that's me. You can't please everybody no matter how hard you try. And as for what would Walt want..well I think he would go for it, but not being Walt and never having the pleasure of meeting him or crawling into his brain to see what his actual throughts were, (and he's not here to give them) IMHO That is a mute point. There are changes to the park that I love, and changes that I cringe on. But, you definitely can't please everyone. Just my thoughts..

On the other hand.. If the AA Captn Jack doesn't work out..it can always have a home with me . <Hee Hee Hee - Evil "yeah probably gonna deserve that" grin>> And yeah, I'm finally getting that PoC pirate costume..only...(ummmummmummm) years later!

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 916171819