Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Banned User

Re: Haunted Mansion New Ghosts for 40th Anniversery

Quote Originally Posted by GothicManor View Post
    I do not trust the current disney co to not ruin the mansion with new ghosts, the wont do it right, just like they have screwed up just about everything else lately, I say leave it alone!
    Take a look at what they did with WDW's Haunted Mansion last year. That came out perfectly fine.

• Animatronic

I say plus it up for the forty!

Technology has advanced. Wow and amaze, but keep it on theme! No ghosts past the 19th century please, we do start from 1860's New Orleans, despite the stainless steel cart selling cheap chinese glow trinkets out front.

• Hello everyone!

Talking Re: Haunted Mansion New Ghosts for 40th Anniversery

I always been a huge fan of the Hat Box ghost so if they do bring him back for the BIG 40 I will "die".

to show that Im a big fan heres a piece that I did in honor of Marc Davis's Hat Box Ghost.

http://paul-j-g.deviantart.com/art/N...Ghost-81050313
    (please dont copy the image please, I have a copyright on it)
    thank you

PS Im pretty new to this site.

• Welcome Foolish Mortals

Im ok with the hat box ghost if they can pull it off as he was there at the beginning albeit for a day or so...

but I dont understand celebrating 40 yrs of success by changing the show??!!!

If anything I say put some things BACK the way they were

1. dont have the lights come back on in the elevator after the blackout

2. reduce lighting in queue area

3. reduce lighting overall its been getting brighter over the years

4. way too bright in seance room you can now see the wires

5. make sure all ghosts are working in ball room

6. big changes to attic it was supposed to be the one scary room it was dark and had ghost popup and scare you as a lil kid I used to close my eyes thru this section it needs a scary part that adds to the mystique and impact of the ride. keep the changing pix there if you want but cut the lighting way down and add jump up screaming ghosts back tune down that ghost bride I think NOT seeing a face is much more creepy

7. graveyard again TOO bright and cut down on the black light paint on those bicycles they look dayglo rediculous....

8. HH ghost area again way too darn bright you can see everything

ITS A DARK RIDE or supposed to be! :-)

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

"Whenever I go on a ride, I'm always thinking of what's wrong with the thing and how it can be improved."
    — Walt Disney

"I wanted to retain my individuality. I knew if someone else got control, I would be restrained." —Walt Disney

"The fun is in always building something. You see, we never do the same thing twice around here. We're always opening up new doors." —Walt Disney

"I've always been bored with just making money. I've wanted to do things; I wanted to build things, to get something going..." —Walt Disney

"I can never stand still. I must explore and experiment. I am never satisfied with my work. I resent the limitations of my own imagination." —Walt Disney

"Get a good idea and stay with it. Work it until it's done and done right." —Walt Disney

"Freedom of speech in all forms and in its broadest sense — has become vital to the very survival of a civilized humanity." —Walt Disney

• Senior Monorail Minion

Not sure, but we have a big mouse in town ;)

That's a great point. It's just too bright. I don't like being able to see Leota's wires or the loading platform. It used to look like except for the path you were on in the loading area, there was an endless pit on either side of you.
    WELCOME ABOARD
    THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

• =)

1. dont have the lights come back on in the elevator after the blackout
    Probably a safety issue, and I think their concern is actually valid in this rare instance. People are scrambling to get out of the stretching room and there needs to be light for them to see.

2. reduce lighting in queue area

3. reduce lighting overall its been getting brighter over the years

4. way too bright in seance room you can now see the wires

5. make sure all ghosts are working in ball room

[snip]

7. graveyard again TOO bright and cut down on the black light paint on those bicycles they look dayglo rediculous....

8. HH ghost area again way too darn bright you can see everything

ITS A DARK RIDE or supposed to be! :-)
    So in other words...turn the lights dimmer throughout the attraction? That's all you needed to say. And I agree. Most of the brightening is completely unnecessary.

6. big changes to attic it was supposed to be the one scary room it was dark and had ghost popup and scare you as a lil kid I used to close my eyes thru this section it needs a scary part that adds to the mystique and impact of the ride. keep the changing pix there if you want but cut the lighting way down and add jump up screaming ghosts back tune down that ghost bride I think NOT seeing a face is much more creepy
    I'm not a huge Constance fan, but I'm rather glad the popups are gone. They didn't deliver genuine scares, at least not for me, and while they were a nice tribute to dark rides of old, they just weren't worth it to me. The blastups were cool...faster, more of a shock. I wouldn't mind those returning. (I do have to take issue with your statement that the attic was supposed to be "the one scary room", though--keep in mind that the stretching room features, of all things, a graphic suggestion of suicide.)

• Oo-de-lally

Quote Originally Posted by darkfairycthulu View Post
    I would really love to see out here the glowing eye wallpaper effect, when you reach the top of the stairs...it's a projection, the eyes glow very brightly and move, looking at you, then transition as it lightens in the hallway to just glow briefly, then fade into the normal wallpaper eye pattern. It's a really neat looking effect.
    I love this idea. I also think that adding a few new ghosts to the graveyard scene would be cool.
    Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally
    Golly, what a day

• careful...i'm contagous!

in the paradise city. were the grass is green & the girls are pretty

i have one word the would help + the mansion in my opinion....FOG!!
    doombuggiesDISNEYROYALTY

• HauntedOne999

About a year or two ago i saw a concept drawing that i really would like to see added to the mansion. it was of a woman trapped in a mirror. a figure of a woman would appear and disappear while calling out "help me". the effect would be similar to the mirrors near the exit. the main question is where could it go? one idea i had was the mirror that you pass as you go from the ballroom into the attic or even in the mirror in the foyer while you are waiting for the stretching rooms, of course the effect would have to be very faint, but just enough to spook people (like the madame leota tombstone in WDW).
    Known in most other circles as "HauntedOne999"

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow!"

Disneyland CM Dec. 2005 - May 2007

• HauntedOne999

OSHA is the reseaon why the lights have been getting brighter... but the load area is not really themed enough for the amount of light that is now being emitted. i think for the 40th they need to really step up the themeing... one concept i have seen is to make the load area look like funeral parlour and adding a large window to the main wall area behind loading with an overlook of the cemetery.

• HauntedOne999

Im ok with the hat box ghost if they can pull it off as he was there at the beginning albeit for a day or so...

but I dont understand celebrating 40 yrs of success by changing the show??!!!

If anything I say put some things BACK the way they were
    Walt Disney was always one for "plus-ing" up the park. "Disneyland will never be complete as long as there is imagination left in the world" If you never added things to existing rides you would have to overcrowd the park with new rides to keep the guests comming in... kinda like Knott's Berry Farm (not much space left is there)

I love the idea of a few new ghosts.

What do you guys think about a loading station like the one in Paris?

• It's all about Theme!

Quote Originally Posted by darkfairycthulu View Post
    If it had the right person, I am for it....that is why I went to pains to say, this should be done totally unobtrusively and in the tone of the Mansion, like they have always been there...the same style and look of pre-established characters. But yes, if it was they were going to make them more cartoony, it should not be done. The only way this would be good if they basically fit effortlessly into the current vignettes, which is why I talked about specific placements for them where they are not figures already.
    I don't trust anyone from Disney. Just add something that comes from an ORIGINAL RIDE concept from one of Marc's sketches.

HBG I want to return. Return the pop ups. Better yet, get rid of the Black Widow Bride.

But don't mess around with this ride too. I'm getting sick of it.
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

• Mean Mermaid

Ooo... new ghosts sound fun. Especially the one by Alpoe001 with the girl trapped inside a mirror.

Okay, am I the only person who misses the old changing portraits? C'mon, I know some of you out there stopped in the middle of the hallway and said "Wtf?" when that first came out. I despise the new lightning effect. It physically hurts my eyes with the sudden burst of white light. I'm also not fond of Mt. Gracey taking the place of April/December (yeah, you can still see April in Le Baton Rouge, but it's just not the same). That's the very first thing I want changed back, even more than bringing back the old bride.

And here's the thing about the new bride:...... well, let me give this disclaimer first: I would perfer the old bride to be back; I do not like Senora Psychopath Constance. That being said, I appreciate that Disney put a little thought and story into that part of the ride.

Alright... see, you all know how the Haunted Mansion doesn't really have a story. Yeah, it was given a story but it isn't very clear, especially to uninfromed guests, right? Well, I can appreciate that Disney would add a little more story to THM, especially since that one horrendous movie was so failboat. I also liked how the Doombuggies were made to move like a bride's wedding march (although, that might have been there from before, and I just don't remember). I also like how Constance is the same lady in the stretching room who sits on her husband's grave. What? Isn't that cute??

On the other hand, I don't like how she's scary. Not the 'boo! haha' scary, like the, 'OMG is the animatronic going to kill me as I go by' scary. That alone has probably made some kids pee their pants!

Anyway, all summed up: Constance: some good points. New Portraits: No good points (that I see). Bring back April/December!!!!

• Member of Baxter's Army

Quote Originally Posted by Auroraflame View Post
    Ooo... new ghosts sound fun. Especially the one by Alpoe001 with the girl trapped inside a mirror.

Okay, am I the only person who misses the old changing portraits? C'mon, I know some of you out there stopped in the middle of the hallway and said "Wtf?" when that first came out. I despise the new lightning effect. It physically hurts my eyes with the sudden burst of white light. I'm also not fond of Mt. Gracey taking the place of April/December (yeah, you can still see April in Le Baton Rouge, but it's just not the same). That's the very first thing I want changed back, even more than bringing back the old bride.

And here's the thing about the new bride:...... well, let me give this disclaimer first: I would perfer the old bride to be back; I do not like Senora Psychopath Constance. That being said, I appreciate that Disney put a little thought and story into that part of the ride.

Alright... see, you all know how the Haunted Mansion doesn't really have a story. Yeah, it was given a story but it isn't very clear, especially to uninfromed guests, right? Well, I can appreciate that Disney would add a little more story to THM, especially since that one horrendous movie was so failboat. I also liked how the Doombuggies were made to move like a bride's wedding march (although, that might have been there from before, and I just don't remember). I also like how Constance is the same lady in the stretching room who sits on her husband's grave. What? Isn't that cute??

On the other hand, I don't like how she's scary. Not the 'boo! haha' scary, like the, 'OMG is the animatronic going to kill me as I go by' scary. That alone has probably made some kids pee their pants!

Anyway, all summed up: Constance: some good points. New Portraits: No good points (that I see). Bring back April/December!!!!
    You do know that the lightning change was the original effect.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast