Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Re: Haunted Mansion New Ghosts for 40th Anniversery

not the rumor of the hatbox ghost again. This rumor pops up every year right before the HM goes down for its transformation.

the mansion had one ghost added a few years ago. someone had a grave added with their name. This basically threw off the ghost count.

What i think they should do is continue to upgrade the attractions like they have the last few years. The loading area is the one in need of something big. the new sound effects for the stretch room that were added at WDW were tested here in glendale and were suppose to go in both mansions. That should also be added to anaheim.

Then WDI should focus on the gate next door and come up with a darker version of a Haunted house that could rise somewhere in the pier area. a seaside pier with no funhouse is incomplete

Quote Originally Posted by pianoman13 View Post
    What about updating the progections in HM to internal digital progections? eliminating the progection and fog issues..the ballroom's still an issue though.. I'd personaly love to see fog in the seance circle, to add a more surreal feeling to the scene, as long as it's well maintained I think it'd be very cool.
    The video portions are digital I believe, but they still would show up on the fog. Madame Leota uses more then one projector for the new version with the floating ball.

• =)

Quote Originally Posted by Nautilus View Post
    And yet there is fog in the same scene in POTC that has a projection on the left-side fort!
    There's a major difference, though--even though it's a projection effect, you're supposed to know that light is falling onto that wall where the fighting shadows are seen. Whether they're real people casting shadows or a video projection with moving shadows, it's still light being cast in one direction and being occluded in certain spots. If fog gets to that area, it's no biggie--you see the same "3D shadows" you'd see in real life. But in the case of Madame Leota or the singing busts or what have you, we're not supposed to realize there's any special light pointed right at the bust. If fog or dust or mist gets in there, you'll see animated spotlights that clearly elucidate the projected nature of the effect.

Mind you, I imagine you've probably already thought of this, and you're just pointing out that fog doesn't get up there. But I figured I'd say this in case anyone didn't realize the distinction. (And as Auroraflame pointed out, that's up in the air, while the fog floats down below. Madame Leota and the singing busts are all right at ground level.)

Quote Originally Posted by pianoman13 View Post
    What about updating the progections in HM to internal digital progections? eliminating the progection and fog issues..the ballroom's still an issue though.. I'd personaly love to see fog in the seance circle, to add a more surreal feeling to the scene, as long as it's well maintained I think it'd be very cool.
    For a while, Madame Leota was internally projected. I think they decided the effect didn't work well enough, though perhaps recent advances would make it viable. (Buzz works reasonably well, for instance.) It'd be harder with the singing busts, I'd imagine, though, since their stony nature necessitates a darker base tone to work with, and the translucent materials used for the internal projection effects tend to be obnoxiously light-colored.

Oh, and regarding the ballroom, it shouldn't be particularly problematic. The only issue I can think of would be the fog drifting into the AA room below the mezzanine. Then you'd have "real fog" and "ghost fog" in the ballroom. The former would look normal, but the latter would drift in different directions, have different coloration, disappear and reappear with the ghosts, and potentially reveal the locations of the lights down there. On second thought...actually, that could be very problematic. My bad.

• I'm a Lutheran

I think it would be awesome for the hatbox ghost to return! As for the jungle hunter I have a better place for him somewhere in the ballroom floor so the tiger rug can still attack his bottom. I heard a rumor somewhere that the HKDL mansion in Adventureland will be based off that concept sketch. As for the chef why not put a ghostly kitchen near the exit of the grand hall where that night stand and mirror are. You can have an invisible chef stirring a pot or something. As for the attic the pop up head should return to the entrance and I have an idea for the daughter of Constance, a demonic yet cute flower girl named Annabelle. She stands next to the piano and sings an evil rendition of "Here Comes the Bride" as she holds a basket of black flowers.
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

• Mean Mermaid

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    not the rumor of the hatbox ghost again. This rumor pops up every year right before the HM goes down for its transformation.
    Hey, let us dream, okay? I'm sure if we wish for it hard enough, all our dreams will come true. ;o; (Gets some sort of sick fulfillment from being shmaltsy)

You know, as I think about it, I'm not sure I'd like fog that much. The idea of that effect is really cool, but I know every time I go on POTC, I feel like I'm going to choke. It's always so dense... However, if HM could pull off the fog effect, it would be so cool. I bet it'd feel like levitating off the ground. ^^

I want them to add the ghosts of all of our favorite Disney characters into each section of the Haunted Mansion! Have Tigger bouncing in the dining hall, Pooh comforting the poor man in the graveyard, and the like.

• =)

Quote Originally Posted by Auroraflame View Post
    I know every time I go on POTC, I feel like I'm going to choke. It's always so dense...
    Boy, you are trying so hard to find reasons for me to dislike you, aren't you?

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Quote Originally Posted by chiablo View Post
    I want them to add the ghosts of all of our favorite Disney characters into each section of the Haunted Mansion! Have Tigger bouncing in the dining hall, Pooh comforting the poor man in the graveyard, and the like.
    Wow. Yeah...um, ok, I am running on the assumption here you are joking, in which case...brilliant! I'll take ten!

Otherwise.....just, wow. And personally...that is not something I, myself would ever enjoy seeing in the Mansion. Just my thoughts.
    Last edited by RegionsBeyond; 08-29-2008 at 08:06 PM. Reason: Clarifying words

• Mean Mermaid

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    Boy, you are trying so hard to find reasons for me to dislike you, aren't you?
    Don't get me wrong, the effect is awesome. I'd definitely be bummed if they removed it. I just find I can't breathe during that section of the ride. (Or whenver I go under Davy Jones for that matter...) What??!! Who's over-sensitive???

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234