Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Haunted Mansion New Ghosts for 40th Anniversery

Since current word is an old, departed friend with slight issues in hanging on to his head might return for the Mansion's fortieth, I thought wouldn't it be neat if he brought along some new friends to join the swinging wake?

What I picture are figures sculpted and executed in the exact same style as the original, but brand new characters, merely added in to the existing ride vignettes and scenes as if they have newly arrived at the Mansion, or in fact, were always there, and just became visible to us foolish mortals.

One I would like to see very much would be in the ballroom, a ghostly, portly chef figure in whites with a rolling service tray, on it a silver serving platter a turkey or other bird skeleton...he would move along the table, behind the row of chairs nearest the wall, before vanishing with the rest of the ghosts. Another ballroom spectre could be a thin, well-dressed figure with a slightly demonic face, off to the side of the pipe organ, playing the violin in time with the music. A elderly man could join the woman sewing, perhaps smoking a pipe contentedly.

As for the graveyard, a few new faces could enter from historical periods, perhaps drawing inspiration from the Marc Davis mariner painting in Florida, a old sailor dripping with seaweed and dressed in nautical uniform joining the tea party, a British explorer, again, partially like the Marc Davis concept, with the pith helmet and large mustache, gun slung over shoulder, joining the opera singers, the executioner, and the headless knight. I would also like to see the return of just one of the Attic pop up heads, perhaps right when you first enter the scene, with original scream sound effect. These additions I feel would be very fitting to the ride, and a way to update it with new characters and freshen it while not removing any previous gags, and staying true to the tone of the ride. The casual guest may or may not notice right away the new figures, and it would be a nice nod and treat for the Mansion and park devotees.

Your thoughts?

• Follow me on Twitter!!!

Re: Haunted Mansion New Ghosts for 40th Anniversery

wait...i haven't heard this rumor about the hatbox ghost?!? they are saying that they are bringing him back for the fortieth?!? amazing!!! i think it would be totally cool if they added some new ghosts....nothing to drastic...just sort of like they were always there. but before they fix anything they better fix that bride...
    *~*~*Prince Dalton*~*~*

• careful...i'm contagous!

in the paradise city. were the grass is green & the girls are pretty

the chef ghost dosent really fit.

Though I like the idea of the other new ghost. ESpecially the the jungle hunter.

I also liked the idea of maybe a 1920's gangster.
    doombuggiesDISNEYROYALTY

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Quote Originally Posted by princedalton View Post
    wait...i haven't heard this rumor about the hatbox ghost?!? they are saying that they are bringing him back for the fortieth?!? amazing!!! i think it would be totally cool if they added some new ghosts....nothing to drastic...just sort of like they were always there. but before they fix anything they better fix that bride...
    Nothing 100 percent official is announced, but word is among some in the know here on the boards he might be re-materializing soon. I have taken the wait and see, approach, myself...

• Senior Minion

I think adding a few more ghosts for the 40th would be a great idea. I would also like to see some of the things that I've heard people rave about but I have yet to experience from the updated WDW version would be cool too, especially the moving Ghost Host.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    I think adding a few more ghosts for the 40th would be a great idea. I would also like to see some of the things that I've heard people rave about but I have yet to experience from the updated WDW version would be cool too, especially the moving Ghost Host.
    I would really love to see out here the glowing eye wallpaper effect, when you reach the top of the stairs...it's a projection, the eyes glow very brightly and move, looking at you, then transition as it lightens in the hallway to just glow briefly, then fade into the normal wallpaper eye pattern. It's a really neat looking effect.

• Senior Minion

Yeah, that one sounds really cool too.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by darkfairycthulu View Post
    I would really love to see out here the glowing eye wallpaper effect, when you reach the top of the stairs...it's a projection, the eyes glow very brightly and move, looking at you, then transition as it lightens in the hallway to just glow briefly, then fade into the normal wallpaper eye pattern. It's a really neat looking effect.
    They aren't projections, they are light boxes attached to the wall. The closer to the actual wallpaper they are, the dimmer they are, until you actually get to the wallpaper. It's a very cool effect nonetheless.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Quote Originally Posted by stitchon View Post
    They aren't projections, they are light boxes attached to the wall. The closer to the actual wallpaper they are, the dimmer they are, until you actually get to the wallpaper. It's a very cool effect nonetheless.
    Ah, good to know, thanks for the info..I haven't seen it in person, so that was mostly conjecture heh....brilliant way of doing it as well, and the end result either way is awesome looking.

• Member of Baxter's Army

Theres only one new/old Ghost I want next year. The Hatbox Ghost.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    What do you mean by the moving Ghost Host? His voice moves around the stretch room already, if that is what you mean.

As for adding ghosts....I'd like to see Ichabod Crane added inconspicuously somewhere in the grave yard scene. After all, we really don't know what happened to him. It would be a nice little nod to that classic without creating an entire ride based on the movie.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by disney-fan-reborn View Post
    What do you mean by the moving Ghost Host? His voice moves around the stretch room already, if that is what you mean.
    A new effect was added to WDW's Haunted Mansion last year, with a binaural type effect, in where the Ghost Host doesn't just jump from speaker to speaker, but sounds almost like he's right next to you.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

I like the ideas DFC. I'm of the idea that anything beyond an awesome new hatbox ghost would be gravy.

• Welcome Foolish Mortals

I do not trust the current disney co to not ruin the mansion with new ghosts, the wont do it right, just like they have screwed up just about everything else lately, I say leave it alone!

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

"Whenever I go on a ride, I'm always thinking of what's wrong with the thing and how it can be improved."
    — Walt Disney

"I wanted to retain my individuality. I knew if someone else got control, I would be restrained." —Walt Disney

"The fun is in always building something. You see, we never do the same thing twice around here. We're always opening up new doors." —Walt Disney

"I've always been bored with just making money. I've wanted to do things; I wanted to build things, to get something going..." —Walt Disney

"I can never stand still. I must explore and experiment. I am never satisfied with my work. I resent the limitations of my own imagination." —Walt Disney

"Get a good idea and stay with it. Work it until it's done and done right." —Walt Disney

"Freedom of speech in all forms and in its broadest sense — has become vital to the very survival of a civilized humanity." —Walt Disney

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Quote Originally Posted by GothicManor View Post
    I do not trust the current disney co to not ruin the mansion with new ghosts, the wont do it right, just like they have screwed up just about everything else lately, I say leave it alone!
    If it had the right person, I am for it....that is why I went to pains to say, this should be done totally unobtrusively and in the tone of the Mansion, like they have always been there...the same style and look of pre-established characters. But yes, if it was they were going to make them more cartoony, it should not be done. The only way this would be good if they basically fit effortlessly into the current vignettes, which is why I talked about specific placements for them where they are not figures already.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast