Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17
  1. #1

    • Christmastime for Rocker
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Heres
    Posts
    6,524
    Blog Entries
    2

    The French Market

    Even though I have only had one item from the French Market, I think that the place is starting to live up to it's name. The four-cheese pasta is really, really good, and I think that the cheese cornbread was delicious. If there was just one thing that kind of irked me it was the vegetables- they could be steamed a little bit better (especially the carrots), but nonetheless, the four-cheese pasta was rich, cheesy, and delicious!

  2. #2

    • "I Break Things"
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    12,329

    Re: The French Market

    While my wallet hurt a bit, my taste buds were happy... I would have to agree that the food (I had the chicken) was a nice break from the usual mundane offerings at the park.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"


    "Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"


  3. #3

    • Christmastime for Rocker
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Heres
    Posts
    6,524
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: The French Market

    Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    While my wallet hurt a bit, my taste buds were happy... I would have to agree that the food (I had the chicken) was a nice break from the usual mundane offerings at the park.
    I agree. It was nice to break away from the usual pot roast at Plaza Inn or Hungry Bear. Was the chicken any good, Tech?

  4. #4

    • "I Break Things"
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    12,329

    Re: The French Market

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocker View Post
    I agree. It was nice to break away from the usual pot roast at Plaza Inn or Hungry Bear. Was the chicken any good, Tech?
    good enough to remember despite the distraction of chasing the kids around... ask Huntress, MickeyMousePal, Cuddles and Dan about that one! I think I had half a plate, but that half was good.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"


    "Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"


  5. #5

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    277

    Re: The French Market

    I ate the 4 cheese as well, and thought it was very tasty. Yum! I do see what you are saying about the veggies.


  6. #6

    • Christmastime for Rocker
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Heres
    Posts
    6,524
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: The French Market

    Now the chicken is lemon-flavored, right, Tech?

  7. #7

    • Christmastime for Rocker
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Heres
    Posts
    6,524
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: The French Market

    Quote Originally Posted by Tinkmomma View Post
    I ate the 4 cheese as well, and thought it was very tasty. Yum! I do see what you are saying about the veggies.
    Yeah, it is a little dry- but what exactly is that Yellow vegetable they serve it with?

  8. #8

    • no flash photography...
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    In my own little world..
    Posts
    13,287

    Re: The French Market

    I had the four cheese pasta. It was alright. i would not get it again. I did not care for the cornbread, but the veggies were good.

    We are spending three days there in October. i plan to eat the majority of our meals outside of the park.

  9. #9

    • "I Break Things"
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    12,329

    Re: The French Market

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocker View Post
    Yeah, it is a little dry- but what exactly is that Yellow vegetable they serve it with?
    I think it is some kind of squash. I will also say that the cornbread was a hit with the kids. They actually didn't like the menu so we sort of split up when we ordered. Tink ordered at FM, I went to Stagedoor to get the kids some cheese sticks.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"


    "Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"


  10. #10

    • Christmastime for Rocker
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Heres
    Posts
    6,524
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: The French Market

    Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    I think it is some kind of squash. I will also say that the cornbread was a hit with the kids. They actually didn't like the menu so we sort of split up when we ordered. Tink ordered at FM, I went to Stagedoor to get the kids some cheese sticks.
    Whoa, wait, that was a brand of Squash? Interesting...

  11. #11

    • Goofy
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    in wonderland.
    Posts
    20,585

    Re: The French Market

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocker View Post
    Even though I have only had one item from the French Market, I think that the place is starting to live up to it's name. The four-cheese pasta is really, really good, and I think that the cheese cornbread was delicious. If there was just one thing that kind of irked me it was the vegetables- they could be steamed a little bit better (especially the carrots), but nonetheless, the four-cheese pasta was rich, cheesy, and delicious!

    we both had the same orders lol. but the four cheese was delicious except for the vegtables. It was nice to see you. alex.

  12. #12

    • Christmastime for Rocker
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Heres
    Posts
    6,524
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: The French Market

    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Dopey24 View Post
    we both had the same orders lol. but the four cheese was delicious except for the vegtables. It was nice to see you. alex.
    Ah, yes, I remember...you right across from me..

  13. #13

    • Goofy
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    in wonderland.
    Posts
    20,585

    Re: The French Market

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocker View Post
    Ah, yes, I remember...you right across from me..

  14. #14

    •   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan
    • Online

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Fullerton
    Posts
    37,888

    Re: The French Market

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocker View Post
    Whoa, wait, that was a brand of Squash? Interesting...
    Carrots, Zucchini and Squash. I do agree rocker, they needed to be steamed a little more. The 4 cheese pasta was better than the Jambalaya and the cornbread was good.

  15. #15

    • Christmastime for Rocker
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Heres
    Posts
    6,524
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: The French Market

    Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    Carrots, Zucchini and Squash. I do agree rocker, they needed to be steamed a little more. The 4 cheese pasta was better than the Jambalaya and the cornbread was good.
    Well, I think it was great that they cut out the generic fried chicken from the menu since you could easily find it at the Plaza Inn.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Comment-New French Market Menu
    By Fishbulb in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-12-2008, 10:07 PM
  2. [Question] Pictures of the new French Market food?
    By VeganPrincess in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 07-28-2008, 11:07 AM
  3. French Market Items
    By Scary Teddy in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-23-2007, 10:02 AM
  4. ETA on the New French Market Menu?
    By Pipeek in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-16-2007, 06:50 PM
  5. French Market
    By disney lady in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-21-2006, 12:36 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •