Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Plunderin' Since '76

Angry Update to HM Closure

Good Morning all! Did anybody else notice that they moved up the closure dates for the Haunted Mansion to the 2nd of September! I am so bummed because I was going to get to go on it during my vacation and now I'm not! I'm going to try to go a day early, but with it being Labor Day and all, is it going to be really crowded?
    "Everybody's got a laughin' place-trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it."

• =)

Re: Update to HM Closure

HMH strikes again... It's a pity they've done this. Hope you get to still experience the original! Can't say about Labor Day, but I'd expect it to be rather crowded. Sadly, you'll probably find a shorter line for the regular mansion than HMH anyway.

They have to prepare for some operational upgrades being added to the attraction... behind the scenes stuff

• Collision speed....FULL!

Is something new being added to HMH? hmmm....

• "I Break Things"

They're adding a loop...

Pirate, I am sorry that HM is closing early. I was lucky that we decided to go yesterday for "one last time" since we will be blocked out next weekend. I may actually sneak the kids over to the park this week for "one last ride" before the change.

In other news my little ones are VERY excited about the HMH layover. Hopefully everything goes smoothly. I also need to get one of those Death Cert's at some point.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Sad Re: Update to HM Closure

I have to admit that Im really gutted about this. We are coming over from the UK on the 2nd September and was really looking forward to going on HM before they were originally doing their refurbishment from the 8th. Now its been moved to the 2nd, dont get to go on it at all.

• I'm not really here

I was going to miss it anyway as we weren't going to be there until the 12th, but I feel for those who will now miss it that weren't originally going to.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Bucket List Car

Wow, that stinks. Hope they still open it on Sept. 26th. That's when I'm planning on being in the parks. I haven't seen the original HM in forever.

I know a lot of people love HMH, but I could do without it. I still don't understand why they change it during Halloween - the one holiday of the year that is a perfect fit for the original Haunted Mansion. I say let the happy haunts rule the mansion for Halloween. Then, if it must be done, let Jack Skellington and his friends move in on Nov 1st.

Last year when we booked our trip for the weekend after Labor day, I made an educated guess based on previous years closures. I guessed wrong and was really disappointed when they closed it the day after labor day (as they are doing this year). I know the OP's frustration very well.

Thankfully we will be there this weekend so I will be able to see HM in it's true form once again (it's been at least 5 years).

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by blackfoot View Post
    I know a lot of people love HMH, but I could do without it. I still don't understand why they change it during Halloween - the one holiday of the year that is a perfect fit for the original Haunted Mansion.
    Agreed. Unfortunately Knott's owns the entire Halloween theme park overly business during this time of year, so DL has to so something unique to attract guests who would otherwise go to Knott's.

Quote Originally Posted by blackfoot View Post
    I know a lot of people love HMH, but I could do without it. I still don't understand why they change it during Halloween - the one holiday of the year that is a perfect fit for the original Haunted Mansion. I say let the happy haunts rule the mansion for Halloween. Then, if it must be done, let Jack Skellington and his friends move in on Nov 1st.

Last year when we booked our trip for the weekend after Labor day, I made an educated guess based on previous years closures. I guessed wrong and was really disappointed when they closed it the day after labor day (as they are doing this year). I know the OP's frustration very well.

Thankfully we will be there this weekend so I will be able to see HM in it's true form once again (it's been at least 5 years).
    What I don't get is why its HMH and its a Christmas ride during halloween, that baffles me. But I still love the ride.

• =)

Well, having it going during Halloween sorta makes sense, since the whole point is that Halloween is trying to redo Christmas. HMH should really be shown during both holidays or neither. I'm in favor of neither.

• Favorite movie ever

Blog Entries

After reading this thread, I'd have to agree with DisneyIPresume and Blackfoot- they really should consider letting The Haunted Mansion stay the same for Halloween (it is suitable for the occasion, now isn't it?). I think that overlaying should be begin on Nov.1, then get it opened just before Thanksgiving.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ra5drgntKOI

I'M LOOKING THROUGH YOU...WHERE DID YOU GO?

• Welcome Foolish Mortals

Just another reason to be against HMH, I dont really see what a albeit great movie that is animated and takes place in contemporary times has anything to do with the Haunted Mansion which is supposedly been haunted and frozen in time since the 1880's?????????????????

expanding shut down time really sux. I am all for some spooky Halloween jack0lanterns or something during october but any decor should be subtle and correct for the time period and location of New Orleans 1886!

I am all for a NBC ride but somewhere else like fantasyland since it is a fantasy.

And it will be extremely crowded on the 2nd due to labor day AND it being the last day before HM shuts down for a while and before the HMH change.

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

"Whenever I go on a ride, I'm always thinking of what's wrong with the thing and how it can be improved."
    — Walt Disney

"I wanted to retain my individuality. I knew if someone else got control, I would be restrained." —Walt Disney

"The fun is in always building something. You see, we never do the same thing twice around here. We're always opening up new doors." —Walt Disney

"I've always been bored with just making money. I've wanted to do things; I wanted to build things, to get something going..." —Walt Disney

"I can never stand still. I must explore and experiment. I am never satisfied with my work. I resent the limitations of my own imagination." —Walt Disney

"Get a good idea and stay with it. Work it until it's done and done right." —Walt Disney

"Freedom of speech in all forms and in its broadest sense — has become vital to the very survival of a civilized humanity." —Walt Disney

• Sugar & Spice

Blog Entries

I think I'm the minority here... I love the HMH overlay and enjoy every moment of it that I can. Though I do have to admit... if you haven't seen HM in forever it's probably a big let down if you don't get to see it again since the dates been pushed up.

Sorry for those of you who will be missing out on the original this year.
    <3 There are a million cupcakes in the world but only one is Cupcake Terror. <3

I AM THE REBEL SPY.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast