Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Photo Pass

• Senior Minion

Photo Pass

One of the things Darkbeer said in today's article was a brief mention that Universal is offering to Email rides photos to people at a discounted price over purchasing them in the park. I thought this was a neat idea, but couldn't Disney take it a step further.

I think it would be neat if Disney sold a "photo pass" which would entitle you to recieve a copy of all your ride photos taken at the parks in your email. The price for Photo Pass would be just slightly higher than purchasing one photo in the park, to tempt guests into buying it, and then you would get a little sensor tag that would tell the computer that you have photo pass and where to Email the pictures. That would be it, you wouldn't need to stop at each photo booth or anything, all your photos would just be there when you got home. I think a lot more people would buy the photos, and it wouldn't cost Disney much once the upfront cost of the system were paid for.

What do you think?
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• =)

Re: Photo Pass

I think it'd be very cool to have that incorporated into the existing PhotoPass system. I might actually buy the ride photos on occasion then.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    I think it'd be very cool to have that incorporated into the existing PhotoPass system. I might actually buy the ride photos on occasion then.
    Me too, especially if I'm at the park with friends or family I don't go with often. Now I would never pay that much for one photo, but if they made it a better value and more convenient, that would make it worth it to me.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• "I Break Things"

To simplify things I think they should have a kiosk where you could simply select the ride photo, then scan your photopass to link it to the existing account. I do not know what the cyclical rate of the ride photos are (as in when they are deleted etc) but I would recommend having the location on site where the photos are being previewed. I agree with it being a great idea, and think it would increase the purchasing of ride photos.

They also have a system on some rides that incorporate actual video footage... this would be another possible option (although I don't see the appeal of having a video of me screaming like a madman for 2 minutes but someone might...)
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Senior Minion

That could be cool too. I can see how many people would want to preview them, but I don't know if it's necessary, if you just automatically get every photo sent to your Email. Certainly a nice added feature though if it wasn't too costly. Obviously anyone with a PDA or advanced cell phone could preview them any time they wanted which would be cool.
    -Walt Disney

• :)

Buzz lightyear does it for free :]

&that's good enough for me...

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Buzz lightyear does it for free :]

&that's good enough for me...
    I agree, although I only email myself when I get the Zurg special +D

• Senior Minion

Well that is a nice feature of Buzz but I think others might want photos from other attractions, and the convenience of not having to stop at each photo booth would be a big attraction for me.
    -Walt Disney

• 1st Visit: 7/23/1955

Good idea! There are a couple of problems with getting them in the park. One is that everyone is in a hurry to get to the next ride and no one wants to wait in line to get them. Another is that you have to carry the durn things with you and worry about bending them, losing them, etc.

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    Well that is a nice feature of Buzz but I think others might want photos from other attractions, and the convenience of not having to stop at each photo booth would be a big attraction for me.
    I think linking them to the account would be an issue which is why I would recommend photopass kiosks which would allow you to scan it to your respective card. It also requires you to confirm that you are in the picture, while an automatic one could send you the wrong one if it was out of sync. Another issue is that you would need to be able to view/confirm your snapshot in a timely manner, which would make a larger all inclusive database nearly impossible (think how many logs go over the drop in a 15 minute interval, then add all the rockets, then add all the shots at screamin and you can see where this is going... just trying to check by time would be a NIGHTMARE! Best to have it on the spot so someone either does it, or doesn't care.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Senior Minion

Well, as long as this was a quick process I'd be fine with it. I just wouldn't want to wait in another long line just to approve my picture. I did think about the fact that you could have sequence problems or get the wrong pic, but I would hope they could make this pretty accurate so that would be rare.
    -Walt Disney

Disney does offer photopass at Test Track at WDW. There is a CM standing by the screens that will scan your photopass card for you. Most of the time I wanted to photopass my picture though, my picture had cycled through and I had to go to the picture desk and have them find my picture.

Supposedly, according to CMs and other sites, they are going to offer more photopass pictures for rides at WDW eventually. We got the photopass CD last trip and it would be even better if we got all the ride photos on the CD as well.

• Senior Minion

Interesting, I didn't know the system was already more advanced at WDW. That's cool, it sounds like they're already working on some simmilar ideas. I still think if there was a sensor that just automatically Emailed the pictures to a pre-designated address that would be convenient though. Also, it would make retrieving your photos very easy if any were missed, as it would have a tracking number that could be used to find you on the ride, and they'd know right where your photo should be.
    -Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    Interesting, I didn't know the system was already more advanced at WDW. That's cool, it sounds like they're already working on some simmilar ideas. I still think if there was a sensor that just automatically Emailed the pictures to a pre-designated address that would be convenient though. Also, it would make retrieving your photos very easy if any were missed, as it would have a tracking number that could be used to find you on the ride, and they'd know right where your photo should be.
    It would be great if they could email it automatically. It would be not so great if you had to manually input your email address like Buzz since it sometimes takes forever for people to find their picture and type in their email address.

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

WDW Test Track use the Photopass you walk up kiosks and side in your photopass card and send the photo to your photopass files.
    In one month you must pull the photo you want before you lose it.
    Last edited by akfandisney; 08-25-2008 at 02:12 PM.
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day ºoº 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Feb 8-9

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast