Cool Vegetarian at Disney

Hello all, hope all is well?

What places inside the DL park would be the most vegetarian friendly?

I'm going to be taking a week long vacation, 4 days in the park, 3 days outside the park. The week of October 12th.

Some of the easier recommendations could include Italian, Chinese.

Since these two tend to have more options.

Thank you for your input!

-Mike

• Favorite movie ever

Blog Entries

Re: Vegetarian at Disney

It going to be kind of tough, but Village Haus in Fantasyland offers Veggie Burgers, and the Plaza Inn offers Salads (but you may have to pick out the meat). If you want to go off sight, you can head on over to the Grand Californian and they offer Veggie Burgers at White Water Snacks as well.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ra5drgntKOI

I'M LOOKING THROUGH YOU...WHERE DID YOU GO?

• Looking for the Mouse

There is usually one option at each restaurant, but you know that usually there is beef or chicken broth in the soups. If you go to www.allearsnet.com
    and choose Disneyland and dining, you can see a lot of the menus. Also, (I don't know if this is kosher) there was a good post on mousepad about this awhile back. http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/show...03&postcount=5 Good luck!!!

• 1st Visit: 7/23/1955

I've found that the CMs at the Plaza Inn are especially helpful in changing the "set menu". Don't have any vegetarians in the family, but there are plenty of fussy eaters and the PI has always been "our place" for that reason. Plus their portions are very generous. Plus it's a nice place to sit when everyone is tired.

• living to haunt

Vegetarian is not the only thing hard to find at DL, try Diabetic foods! Diet soda is about all they have in either hotels or parks. I asked once why no sugar free items, they said they had very little requests for it. If I missed a place that has sugar free please let me know.
    "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible, because dreams offer too little collateral."
    --- Walt Disney

Member of MiceChat Gold!

Lover of the Haunted Mansion and
    Nightmare Before Christmas

Dreaming of Pirates!

Still waiting to go to my first meet

• Better Butter Battle Vic

Blog Entries

I usually bring snacks and then there's the Veggie Burger as mentioned pretty much at every burger place, there's cheese pizza, there's marinara pasta at Pizza Port, but as mentioned by me whenever I get the chance there is the ultimatley delicious Vegtable Po Boy at riverbelle terrace, it's absolutley incredible, best veggie option in the park!

Pizza Port: pastas and pizza, a Veg Italian lovers dream

Village Haus: cheese pizza, veggie burgers

White Water snacks: sandwiches, fruit, veggie burgers, grilled cheese, cheese pizza to name a few...

French Market (see Rockr's post about it) great three cheese pasta dish with vegetables, they also sell yummy chocolate cake here.

I'll have to think of any others...outside the park if you like chinese I'd recommend this place in Cerritos, by the mall called Vegi Wokery. You won't be disappointed. You can choose ANYTHING on the menu you like! No meat whatsoever. I think no dairy as well, not 100% sure. Also there is Denny's which has everything. ? Good luck.

I am vegetarian and mainly eat at Pizza Port. They have a ton of salads and a really good Basil Tomato Pasta.

The food court at Tommorrowland Terrace and Village Haus both have vegetarian burgers. Rancho del Zocalo can make vegetarian burritos. I haven't eaten at the Riverbell Terrace since they changed their menu but I used to like the vegetable stew in the bread bowl they had there. They have vegetable skewers at the Bengal BBQ. If you eat at Blue Bayou there is 1 vegetarian option but I don't remember what it was. But I do remember thinking this isn't very good.

Also a lot of times we walk to Downtown Disney at get a Jamba Juice and then food at either Naples (Italian) or Tortilla Joes (Mexican). We usually do this when we are at DCA since there's almost no vegetarian food there. If you leave through the Grand Californian exit from DCA and walk through the hotel, the exit is right next to Jamba and Naples.