• Minion

Red Face *New*Little Mermaid meet n' greet

I was in class the other day and since the day's mateiral was less than note worthy I decided to doodle some ideas for the new little mermaid ride. I focused on the Ariel meet and greet located at the exit of the attraction. I envitioned as you leave the load/unload area, traveling through caverns and grottos and eventully end at the meet loaction. If the Ariel meet n' greet is not your thing then you can follow the various paths to the exit. Here a link to my notebook drawing...

I'll post my inspiration and some more stuff latter!

• Minion

Blog Entries

Re: *New*Little Mermaid meet n' greet

this got me to thinking too

if they went the cavern route, what would stop them from making it seem like you are going underwater. If they do this, then they can have to end up IN Ariels grotto/hiding place, whcih gives them the oppourtunity to really play with theme, put a bunch of props and trinkets in it and she can plunk her happy tail down on the rock in the middle. Then when you exit, you resurface.....OOOOoooooOOOOOOO

• Minion

That such a cool idea!! They could really play with lights and projectors to create the underwatter feel! AWESOME!

here is a link to my inspiration...

not mermaids but same feel!

• Minion

Blog Entries

they could do alot with this, maybe put a screen up top where Ariels "skylight" is that you can see the surface of the water though, every hour or w/e it can change to night and run a fireworks and ship video or something....

I hope they include a greatambiance track for the line, seagulls, maybe by one of the windows we can hear the worker girls gossiping about something Eric did...then when you get more towards the tower, Eric's flute playing....

Disnet...can i come work on this PLEASE!!!!!!!???????!!!!!!!??????

• Senior Minion

I think the attraction is going to exit at the Palace of Fine Arts building, so if the m&g is at the end of the ride (which I don't think it will be) it would be in there. It's a cool idea though and I like your sketch, and they may do something like that, but if they do I don't think it will be at the end of the ride.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by krystledm View Post
    this got me to thinking too

if they went the cavern route, what would stop them from making it seem like you are going underwater.
    that's funny, I posted this on another thread- but I think it would be cool if you set up the queue how they do at aquariums- like how you have the glass surrounding you on all sides with sharks and fish and whatnot swimming all over......

and while we're on Ariel ideas, I thought of a parade one the other day- I think it would be cool if they use the harness idea like they do in the LM show in Tokyo (Hong Kong?)..... so they could hang her from the front (like the swing idea in the original sketches for PoD) and she could flip around as she pleases... maybe Eric could be standing on a platform at the bottom so that they would be right next to each other

• Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kcw View Post
    that's funny, I posted this on another thread- but I think it would be cool if you set up the queue how they do at aquariums- like how you have the glass surrounding you on all sides with sharks and fish and whatnot swimming all over......

and while we're on Ariel ideas, I thought of a parade one the other day- I think it would be cool if they use the harness idea like they do in the LM show in Tokyo (Hong Kong?)..... so they could hang her from the front (like the swing idea in the original sketches for PoD) and she could flip around as she pleases... maybe Eric could be standing on a platform at the bottom so that they would be right next to each other

i guess gret minds think alike, huh!

i came up with this thinking about Ursula's area in the animation building. how it appears underwater.

real quick, are they still planning on making the line/ride building exterior Prince Erics castle?

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Quote Originally Posted by krystledm View Post
    i guess gret minds think alike, huh!

i came up with this thinking about Ursula's area in the animation building. how it appears underwater.

real quick, are they still planning on making the line/ride building exterior Prince Erics castle?
    For Disneyland, in Anaheim? No. Not as far as the current rumors are saying, anyways. This is some early concept art that was leaked, and the rest can be found in the Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker (setup and maintained by MasterGracey).

• Minion

Blog Entries

bummer that would have been great...

• A Weather Eye Open

that concept art makes me think of the pan-pacific exhibition; SF, edwardian area. perfect for the late-victorian pier, and it's very reminiscent of a castle to me (just not eric's castle). if it ends up looking anything like the art, i think we'll all be very pleased.
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

• Minion

I noticed in the concept art that you can see the omnimove things from outside almost like TSMM. I dont have a point, just making an observation.

• Minion

Blog Entries

I think they are going fo what works in Fantasyland, an open front of the ride. thin Peter Pan.