• Imagineer in training

Matterhorns forced perspective

This post is simply an observation that I've made. I'm curious if others have noticed the same thing.
    After reviewing various trip reports, updates and even my own vacation photos, I can't help but notice that the Matterhorn is looking smaller as the surrounding trees grow... especially when viewed from the hub. No doubt the Matterhorn was loftier looking when it first opened. Compare opening day photos of the Rivers of America or Jungle Cruise to today!
    Do we perhaps see a day where trees will be replaced/ transplanted/ cut back? If I'm not mistaken, Main Street USA has had taller trees removed too.

Now if only I could get the trees in my yard to grow so well!

Re: Matterhorns forced perspective

All trees in the resort are actually getting their trims after the one in NoS decided to drop a branch. NoS especially had some trimming, and it makes the park look a lot bigger. It's quite striking, actually.

• We set sail for the sky

I have always felt that the removal of the skyway had a major dwarfing effect on the Matterhorn. I'm not sure why.

• Senior Minion

Yeah, they have to keep the trees small around the mountain or it does start to look small. It's something I think they do every once in a while.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney