Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Workin to live,lovin life

Re: Review of Haunted Mansion Holiday on Blu-ray DVD

Quote Originally Posted by BC_DisneyGeek View Post
    I picked it up on Blu-ray. The original DVDs weren't even anamorphic widescreen and this is a huge improvement both video and audio-wise (I suspect even the new DVD would represent a nice upgrade as well).

I watched the HMH feature, which was pretty good. I found it a little odd that they talked about all the elements in great detail, but skipped out on the hitchhiking ghosts section almost completely. Some of it felt like a stretch, such as when they patted themselves on the back rather hard, simply because they decided to throw some of the leftover ribbons on the gravestones.

It's funny, I find the beginning of the movie odd now, because the narration is too quick and too high-pitched. I'm used to the ghost host version.
    I would have to agree about the beginning of movie being odd now thanks to the pitch of the voice!

And sweet avatar btw! I was really into Mr. Bump as a kid because I always ran into things but never really hurt myself that bad. Good times!

• Halloween 2011

Quote Originally Posted by GothicManor View Post

There is also a added feature of being able to see trivia if you want in popup windows which has info on both the hmh and HM actually mostly HM as it has more info of course, on trivia said the HMH runs from mid Oct to early Jan ? huh? if only.....try mid sept!
    Actually, the trivia tidbit is factually correct. Neither HM nor HMH is running in mid-to-late September since the attraction is closed to install the overlay. HMH does run from October through January.

• Circle of Ancients

Sounds great Gothic. I'll definitely be picking it up.

I really just wish Disney would wise-up and release full High-Def ride throughs of their attractions. I mean, other people are doing it, there is a demand for it. Not sure why there is this thing within Disney where they won't just do it.

Also, are Vincent and Frakenweenie in Hi-Def, or did they throw the Standard-Def editions on there instead???

• Welcome Foolish Mortals

Quote Originally Posted by dougeebear View Post
    Actually, the trivia tidbit is factually correct. Neither HM nor HMH is running in mid-to-late September since the attraction is closed to install the overlay. HMH does run from October through January.
    Actually if you check the Official Disneyland calendar online it says the Mansion will be closed from sept 2nd thru sept 25 and HMH OPENS sept 26 thru Jan

So I am right.

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

"Whenever I go on a ride, I'm always thinking of what's wrong with the thing and how it can be improved."
    — Walt Disney

"I wanted to retain my individuality. I knew if someone else got control, I would be restrained." —Walt Disney

"The fun is in always building something. You see, we never do the same thing twice around here. We're always opening up new doors." —Walt Disney

"I've always been bored with just making money. I've wanted to do things; I wanted to build things, to get something going..." —Walt Disney

"I can never stand still. I must explore and experiment. I am never satisfied with my work. I resent the limitations of my own imagination." —Walt Disney

"Get a good idea and stay with it. Work it until it's done and done right." —Walt Disney

"Freedom of speech in all forms and in its broadest sense — has become vital to the very survival of a civilized humanity." —Walt Disney

I think one reason they may have skipped the 3 HH ghost or HMH gift windows is that the cameraman was doing a walkthru and not on the buggies however they could have done that one shot from a moving buggy, but in true disney fashion they dont want to GIVE AWAY everything ....

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

"Whenever I go on a ride, I'm always thinking of what's wrong with the thing and how it can be improved."
    — Walt Disney

"I wanted to retain my individuality. I knew if someone else got control, I would be restrained." —Walt Disney

"The fun is in always building something. You see, we never do the same thing twice around here. We're always opening up new doors." —Walt Disney

"I've always been bored with just making money. I've wanted to do things; I wanted to build things, to get something going..." —Walt Disney

"I can never stand still. I must explore and experiment. I am never satisfied with my work. I resent the limitations of my own imagination." —Walt Disney

"Get a good idea and stay with it. Work it until it's done and done right." —Walt Disney

"Freedom of speech in all forms and in its broadest sense — has become vital to the very survival of a civilized humanity." —Walt Disney

NBC itself is not in full widescreen notice the black bars on the sides?

— Walt Disney

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

I loved the HMH features, especially everything revolving around the Ballroom. I was happy that they talked about the dueling portraits and it was neat to know about the little bonus room they utilized in the Ballroom for the haunted Library.

So are the dueling portraits really shooting at Zero? Maybe I just never caught it when I rode the thing a few years ago and when I watched the video last night.

• Wait, what?

Blog Entries

Quick question.
    Does this version also have Vincent and Frankenweenie in the Bonus Features? Maybe I'll buy it if it does. I don't own NBC and if they have them, again, this will be a good reason to buy it in addition to the HMH features.

NBC itself is not in full widescreen notice the black bars on the sides?
    NBC is in widescreen. It is shown in its original aspect ratio of 1.66:1, which is wider than the 4:3 (non-widescreen) aspect ratio but not quite as wide as 1.85:1 which would fill the whole screen on a regular HDTV.

The thing that has impressed me the most about this movie is the "Digital Copy". That is the best idea to come along since the invention of the DVD! Now I don't have to waste time ripping and converting the video to watch on my iphone!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

DarthDucky, yes, they have both. But the Frankenweenie on this one is uncut.

I also heard Tim Burton is making a full length stop-motion animated film of Frankenweenie. I believe it will be released in 2009. I think it comes out before Alice In Wonderland though.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthDucky View Post
    Quick question.
    Does this version also have Vincent and Frankenweenie in the Bonus Features? Maybe I'll buy it if it does. I don't own NBC and if they have them, again, this will be a good reason to buy it in addition to the HMH features.
    Yes plus more

— Walt Disney

• careful...i'm contagous!

in the paradise city. were the grass is green & the girls are pretty

WOW in didn't even know about all the special features the blu-ray copy had. I'll definetly be picking it up now. thank you all
    doombuggiesDISNEYROYALTY

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

I think one reason they may have skipped the 3 HH ghost or HMH gift windows is that the cameraman was doing a walkthru and not on the buggies however they could have done that one shot from a moving buggy, but in true disney fashion they dont want to GIVE AWAY everything ....
    I was thinking about this two and I realized the problem is that they have the work lights on...
    When I worked in WDW we got to go backstage at the Haunted Mansion with all the lights on... when you get to the mirrors you can clearly see behind the glass (aka all the presents on the rotating device) so the effect more than likely gave away too much so they didn't use the shot

I really thought they'd at least mention it or Oogie (he's far too realistic for me... we got stopped in front of him once and he moved and shook just like you'd think a real life oogie would... creepy)

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

I did realize that other than the HMH feature, most of the other stuff, not all, on Disc one was from the bonus features of the previous Nightmare release. Haven't check out disc 2 yet though .

I have no clue what the point of that Disneyfile CD is though. Does it just save the movie to your computer or something?

• Seasick

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Also, are Vincent and Frakenweenie in Hi-Def, or did they throw the Standard-Def editions on there instead???
    According to http://www.dvdfile.com/review/the-ni...stmas-bd-12644, not high-def.
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast