View Poll Results: Haunted Mansion Holiday Overlay Options Opinion Poll

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, add a NBC Halloween only overlay then the xmas version

3 12.00%
  • Only do a NBC Halloween version

3 12.00%
  • Do a Halloween version but not NBC based.

3 12.00%
  • Keep things as they are HMH xmas version only during Halloween

6 24.00%
  • Keep the HM pure year round NO OVERLAYS let NBC get its own ride.

10 40.00%

• Welcome Foolish Mortals

What about a NBC Halloween version THEN a xmas HMH version?

I was just thinking while watching the HMH blu-ray dvd video,
    why not do a simpler and quick overlay (only requiring a shut down of a day or two if that) from mid sept to nov 1st of with NBC characters and props but a Halloween ONLY version? Then do the xmas version from early nov to early Jan?

It could feature the more Halloween like creatures from NBC like the vampires and other monsters with a few set pieces like the town square fountain etc, and some jack-0-lanterns.

One thing I miss on NBC is they only spend a couple of mins on Halloween and too much time on xmas, I also wished they had a sequel to NBC that was ALL Halloween!

the current HMH overlay is WAY to xmessy to start in sept and go all thru Halloween, I mean they even sing "have a scary christmas" to the tune of xmas music!

I for one dont want that for halloween.

So I am putting for the idea to do a NBC Halloween ONLY version that is quick and simple and not too intrusive from sept to nov for Halloween then the xmas version they have now after that for the rest of the holiday season.

I really dont see any reason whatsoever why they cant do this and I am sure it would have an even BIGGER traffic draw for the mansion. heck they could even start the halloween version in late August if they want.

What do you all think of this idea?

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

"Whenever I go on a ride, I'm always thinking of what's wrong with the thing and how it can be improved."
    Ś Walt Disney

"I wanted to retain my individuality. I knew if someone else got control, I would be restrained." ŚWalt Disney

"The fun is in always building something. You see, we never do the same thing twice around here. We're always opening up new doors." ŚWalt Disney

"I've always been bored with just making money. I've wanted to do things; I wanted to build things, to get something going..." ŚWalt Disney

"I can never stand still. I must explore and experiment. I am never satisfied with my work. I resent the limitations of my own imagination." ŚWalt Disney

"Get a good idea and stay with it. Work it until it's done and done right." ŚWalt Disney

"Freedom of speech in all forms and in its broadest sense Ś has become vital to the very survival of a civilized humanity." ŚWalt Disney

Re: What about a NBC Halloween version THEN a xmas HMH version?

But Halloween and Christmas holidays are forever intertwined in NBC because of the nature of the movie so....keeping it the same would be the current NBC decor. Is this what you consider #2 just Halloween decor? I want to make sure I am voting correctly.

• =)

No overlays sounds nice to me.

• hatbox ghost believer

Thumbs up Re: What about a NBC Halloween version THEN a xmas HMH version?

I KNEW Datameister would say that (I wonder why?)... He-he!

I voted to keep things the way they are, as NBC is about BOTH Xmas & Halloween TOGETHER!!!

BUT, I would LOVE a separate NBC ride (I've GOT to locate that blog that showed the sketches for the NBC ride that never became a reality (and I think could be done & fit in WDHS and DCA very nicely IMO).
    Jon A. Leslie
    nojarama
    http://www.nojarama.com

• would love some pie

I actually like HMH better than HM.

Would I love an NBC ride? Of course I would. The problem is that Disney sees the theme as something that is purely seasonal. The only way to succeed in creating an NBC ride is to create an entire Halloweentown land around it. To show how the characters exist after the holidays end is an important aspect that could make NBC stand out on a year-round basis. Even then, it doesn't belong in DL or DCA. There's just no logical place to put it. Logically, it could only fit in DHS, and even then, it would still seem a little forced.
    KABLAM!

Oh how awesome would Halloweentown be???????? I wish it could actually happen!!!

No overlay for me. Don't really care if they do a separate NBC ride though. I don't dislike it, but I don't see where it fits in the resort either.

The problem I have with OPs suggestion is that there would still be cartoony characters in the Mansion during Halloween (or Xmas for that matter). They have as much a place there as Mickey Mouse in a vampire costume (none). The more I think about it, HM and NBC just don't fit together at all.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

I'm not voting because I'm not sure what each of the choices mean.

But I would say keep doing both the Regular HM and the Haunted Mansion Holiday,
    WITH occasional upgrade to both versions. The Regular version still could use some upgrades - especially with the 40th just around the corner. And the HMH is done beautifuly for both Halloween and Christmas. HM get Jack invasion for Halloween with ton of Jack O'lanterns and and halloweenish decorations, but also makes it relavent for Jack's vision of Christmas. Although I do wish the man eating plants would still be singing "Deck the Halls" like they did during the first year of the HMH.

• =)

Quote Originally Posted by DATman View Post
    I actually like HMH better than HM.
    Well, guess who's gonna be voted off my island next?

• Bucket List Car

I voted for keeping HM as is; no overlay. I saw the NBC overlay three years ago; it was really cool, but if you are only able to get to the park every once in a while (like me), it's nice to see the regular HM.

Yeah, I know; just change the date of my visit and come when HMH is not there. Easier said than done.

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Getting kindof tired of the overlay myself personaly it was neat the first few years but was hoping it wouldnt be permanent.
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

• would love some pie

^^^I'm a Tim Burton fanatic (and I was since long before Disney went crazy with NBC). It just feels fresh to me. Yes, a lot of the ride is tacky, but sometimes tacky can be fun. For me, a lot of the design is very much my style.

Don't get me wrong, the HM is a fantastic attraction. I just feel like it needs a lot more love than it's getting to be where it ought to.
    KABLAM!

• Dapper Dan-nabe

Why worry about a Halloween overlay at all? Isn't a house full of ghosts "Halloween" enough?
    -SilentDante
    eliselzer.blogspot.com