Baby carrier usage?

I've searched around for an answer but seem to get conflicting information. So I will ask it here, as MiceChat always has the answers.

What rides, if any, can you use a baby carrier on? The front ones obviously cause if I try to ride with him on back he would get squished.

Would it even be worth it to use one if we have a stroller?

Should I just hold him on the rides he can go on? I'm worried about him being dropped or whatever.

Some side info if it helps: He will be 5 months old. Currently at 3 months he's 16 pounds (I know a big boy but he's only 6.5 lbs more than when he started) and "tall for his age"

thanks for any info
    Countdown till Jake(17months) & Eli(3months) first trip to Disney
    [IMG]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/payoanmd54jvvum5.png[/IMG]

Engaged Disney World Oct '02
    Honeymoon Disneyland Aug '04

Disneyland Jul '05, Jun '06, Oct '08

Re: Baby carrier usage?

in my experience with my kids you can NOT keep him in a carrier. You can, however take him with you on any ride that does not have a height requirement. There are a lot of good attractions outside of Fantasyland that have no height requirement. Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Jungle Cruise, Autopia, Monorail, Train.. There are a few more too. Disneyland was built that way! Enjoy, it's a blast when they are young!

• Bleh....

finding nemo submarine voyage will let you keep your child in the carrier, and i believe the storybook land boats dont mind either.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

In 1988 I had a job as a security screener at John Wayne Airport. I was sitting at the xray machine checking carry-on bags through the screen. I happened to notice a young woman putting a baby carrier onto the conveyor belt. It's a good thing I looked because there was a baby in it!

I told the woman I would take the baby around the machine but that she would have to go through the metal detector. Everything turned out fine. But !

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

I think pretty much any rides that you can take him on are ones that you don't really need to worry about him falling. It's not like you are going to carry him on Thunder or Space.
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

• 1st Visit: 7/23/1955

Cool Re: Baby carrier usage?

Indoctrination in the cradle. I heartily approve!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post

In 1988 I had a job as a security screener at John Wayne Airport. I was sitting at the xray machine checking carry-on bags through the screen. I happened to notice a young woman putting a baby carrier onto the conveyor belt. It's a good thing I looked because there was a baby in it!

I told the woman I would take the baby around the machine but that she would have to go through the metal detector. Everything turned out fine. But !

OH MY GOSH!!!

When we used the carrier for our first one, we had to take him out for the rides. We haven't bothered to bring it with us with the second kid. I do have a sling for her and I've also had to take her out of that.

Someone mentioned taking them on autopia. They don't have a height req. but the kid does need to be a year old to ride. That's the only one with an age req. Have fun with the baby at the park.
    Visit the Hamand Family Blog to see what we've been up to. http://matthamand.blogspot.com

• "I Break Things"

hehehe I beat Tink to this one... well here goes...

I know the majority of attractions you CAN have the baby in a carrier. There are a few specific ones that you can not.

Astro Orbiter (also has to wear socks)
    Canoes
    Peter Pan (depends on the CM)
    Roger Rabbit

But everything else I have been on without a challenge or an issue. So either CM's were not enforcing an unknown rule, or their respective attraction does not have one. Obvious height restrictions are in effect, as are age requirements. Autopia (must be 12 months) and TSMM (must be able to sit up on their own but I wouldn't recommend it for little ones).
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Thanks everyone
    We don't currently have a carrier but was thinking of buying if it would make things easier. But judging from the info it isn't really needed.
    I guess that means more money for Disney purchases...my older son isn't "brainwashed" enough yet. Even though he already "sings" along with "Mickey Mouse clubhouse" and "My friends Tigger and Pooh" And when we ask him where Disneyland or Mickey's house is he points to the huge 50th DL map we have framed on the wall.

Thanks again everyone for the input
    Countdown till Jake(17months) & Eli(3months) first trip to Disney
    [IMG]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/payoanmd54jvvum5.png[/IMG]

Engaged Disney World Oct '02
    Honeymoon Disneyland Aug '04

Disneyland Jul '05, Jun '06, Oct '08

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah082104 View Post
    Thanks everyone
    We don't currently have a carrier but was thinking of buying if it would make things easier. But judging from the info it isn't really needed.
    I guess that means more money for Disney purchases...my older son isn't "brainwashed" enough yet. Even though he already "sings" along with "Mickey Mouse clubhouse" and "My friends Tigger and Pooh" And when we ask him where Disneyland or Mickey's house is he points to the huge 50th DL map we have framed on the wall.

Thanks again everyone for the input
    We have an 8 month old and it comes in handy for freeing up your hands! As to your son... Playhouse Disney... he'll likely love it!

Tech, you are dirty rotten scoundrel...and I stand by what he said.

If you're going to use a baby carrier make sure it's one where the child faces forward. That way if the attraction allows lap sitting you can keep the child in the carrier and just make sure that the seat belt is over the them as well.

It's the ones that have the child facing towards you that are not allowed on most attractions.

• "I Break Things"

If I am allowed to endorse one I would say Snugli... which is about $35 and easily the easiest carrier system I have used. We tried several brands but the majority of them were either difficult to assemble (straps, snaps, buckles etc) or difficult to adjust. Tink is 5'3, I'm 6'4... so for us the ability to quickly adjust is a must.

• Dreams do come true

Our little one had to have socks on Roger Rabbit also