• My Favorite Anna

Disneyland's Main Street EL. Parade ?

I have a question to ask any of you guys. I was just listing to my CD of the Main Street El. Parade and I was wonder dose anyone have any pictures or if you know if there is a clip of the Pinocchio float from that parade that I can see. I don't remember what it look like when Disneyland had it. ALso was it taken out because of the smoking that was in that float. I had hear from a cast member a few years ago telling me the reason they took it out was cause of the smoking that was in it. So if anyone has a clip or pictures of the Pinocchio float I would like to see it.

MY LONG TIME FRIEND THAT I HAVEN'T SEEN FOR 2 YEARS.

• Shubisha

Re: Disneyland's Main Street EL. Parade ?

There were 2 pinocchio sections, one was a blue whale and featured a bubbly version of "When you wish upon a star" and other movie songs. I believe the blue whale was from the former Briney Deep unit they used to have. I'll try to find a seeable picture of this one.

The other was based on Pleasure Island and first had a cigar smoking giant face float and a lightup ferris wheel in the back and then another float float with Pinocchio and Lampwick(later Gheppetto when at Disneyland Paris) riding on it and then large cigar smoke Indians in the back.

Lot of confusion about why it was taken out. A lot of the confusion stems from the fact people get mixed up on how there were multiple copies of the float existing due to the fact that both Disneyland and WDW had their own copies of the parade. WDW's got sent to paris and the pleasure island unit was featured there. When Disneyland's parade went away it was sent to New York for the Hercules movie premiere special event and then to WDW where they held the parade for a while. As of it being at WDW during that time(99/00) the Pinocchio unit and the Snow White mine were already not a part of it and word since has been that they were damaged during shipping. Word's also been that they burnt down but I think that's only been associated with the Snow White one.
    Last edited by almandot; 08-27-2008 at 12:15 AM.

• My Favorite Anna

Thank you for the pictures and your story of what happen to the floats.

• Banned User

Here is a clip I posted two years ago from Disneyland 1992:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<obje...mbed></object>

I've always wanted to be one of those boys with the donkey ears doing those moves.

• My Favorite Anna

Sweet thx. I knowest that Pete's Dragon was next but on the cd it sounds like it is Peter Pan and Capt. Hook that comes after Pinocchio?

• Shubisha

The ordering has changed throughout the years. At some point they realized that the Big Ben clocktower was a really good transition between Cinderella and Peter Pan and rearranged it but for a long time it went cinderella and then Dumbo's Circus, including when it went to WDW.

Quote Originally Posted by almandot View Post
    There were 2 pinocchio sections, one was a blue whale and featured a bubbly version of "When you wish upon a star" and other movie songs. I believe the blue whale was from the former Briney Deep unit they used to have. I'll try to find a seeable picture of this one.
    Yes, this original unit's medley also included "Give a Little Whistle" and "I've Got no Strings". The music of the Fun House (most recent) Pinocchio unit used a much more orchestrated version of "I've Got no Strings" as well as a line of a standard carnival tune whose name escapes me at the moment.
    Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

Quote Originally Posted by SpectroMan View Post
    as well as a line of a standard carnival tune whose name escapes me at the moment.
    "Over The Waves"

*googles*

Here, this has the history of the tune and a MIDI that plays while you're reading it.
    http://deegold.homestead.com/waves.html

• Banned User

They will be returning the Pinocchio section to the parade sometime in the near future (either re-built, or one they still have).