Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Mommy of 2 Miracles!

Found My Happy Place finally files her trip report from 1 month ago!

(The littlest princess has been in the hospital since Firday and we have been dealing with health issues. While she sleeps, I can finally catch up on my TR. Ya gotta love a hospital with WIFI!)

On Monday we went to Disneyland with my Brother, his daughter and my Dad. My brother and I haven't been there together in 15 years. It was a great start to our week! My Dad loves to be with his grandchildren and frankly, its good for him to have company.

We started off at Finding Nemo. My Dad had not ridden the submarines for years. Princess 2 and I visited with Buzz while the rest of the crew headed off to Space Mountain. My Dad (age 78) had never ridden but seemed to enjoy it! Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters were next on the agenda and then on to The Jungle Cruise. We knew we had to hit POTC before the wheelchair line got out of control. We had lunch at BB. Very disappointing, prices are high and the split plate charge went up although the split plate does not come with your own salad or soup any more but I digress.
    We had some character time and visited the Sun Wheel.

A visit to Toy Story Midway Mania was fantastic. We LOVED it! We all laughed so hard all the way through. What a great idea! We rode the Zephyr all by ourselves, followed the light parade until we decided to get out of the crowd. We went to dinner in Downtown Disney at Tortilla Jo’s and had to be evacuated for a fire alarm. Good margarita’s though !
    We made it back in the park via the Monorail.
    Tuesday we went with my BIL. We hit California Adventure first, got our pictures with the chipmunks and then had a private moment with Crush during turtle Talk. Princess 1's all time favorite Disney story is Beauty and the Beast. I always thought it was because she saw the Broadway production, acted in a local production and remembers the movie as a little girl I found out that the moment that my bookworm treasures most is when Beast gives Belle the library. She thought that was the most romantic thing ever!

Princess 2 and I stayed behind after to wait in line to see Snow White. The others had gone to see if they could get on Tower of Terror. As we waited in line, this HUGE jolt shook us, the building rattled and Snow White whisked the little girls she was with towards the sidewalk. Its been years since I felt a major earthquake. the other three never noticed it. Princess 2 was Snow White’s last person before she had to go so we got a picture of the slightly shaken princess.

We were supposed to meet a friend of my BIL so we headed over to Disneyland Park. We were trying to figure out what the mass exodus was when we were informed that everything was shut down due to the earthquake. After things were up and running, we were given a ride on the Lilly Belle. We felt like royalty!

After enjoying both parks and taking a little break. The "boys" rode some rides while us girls got ready for the fireworks. We asked a Cast Member where the best place was to park P2's wheelchair. He said he would find a place for me. Long story short, we had to call the boys to hurry because they were giving us a place in VIP seating! It was the most amazing experience with the fireworks we have ever had!

As we were leaving we got in line to see Mickey and Minnie. Mickey's line was in an open area so we had no problem. On the other hand, Minnie's line was crowded and Princess 2 couldn't handle it. (Most folks with special needs kids will totally get this!) After seeing Minnie, we went for a walk and she began to giggle. I walked back by to see if we could catch Minnie before she left.. The character host told us to wait by the gate. They played together and had a much better time the second time around!

Wednesday we woke up wondering if there was any way to beat what we had the night before. My Niece and SIL came with us. After a bit of a late start, we made our way around to the submarines. We did all the usual stuff, enjoyed each other and then were treated to a special meeting with two of the princesses!

We got to meet with two of our favorites!

Their Names both start with R

We had another great night. We sat in front for fireworks again and had our photo taken in front of the castle all by ourselves. We already have the framed photo on our nw Disneyland shelf (th other was getting crowded). We ended with shopping for more wall hangings for our Disney room. Mr. FMHP went back in the park in the a.m. with a shopping pass. He bought the Minnie & Me figurine as a gift. (Yes, I cried) It reminded me of both of my princesses wearing the Minnie dress to visit DLR when they were little. I have photos that I am going to display with the statue. What a great way to end a beautiful trip!I cannot wait to go again!
    "To ALL who come to this happy place, Welcome" Walt Disney

All means ALL

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Re: Found My Happy Place finally files her trip report from 1 month ago!

What an amazing and great Trip Report!

I love it!

• Oo-de-lally

Great Report. I loved the pics. That poor child seems so scared of Minnie. She still looked liked she had a good time though.
    Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally
    Golly, what a day

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

The look of pure joy on P2's face while meeting Princess Minnie & Belle was truly priceless.

Thank you for sharing your trip!

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Craigroy8287 View Post
    Great Report. I loved the pics. That poor child seems so scared of Minnie. She still looked liked she had a good time though.
    I think she was scared of the crowds and not of Minnie.

As you can see in the other pictures, she was smiling

• Disney is home

Excellent trip report! Every bit of it was great and very enjoyable. Thank so much for sharing this!

Awesome TR!

Sounds like you guys had fun and had some great experiences! It's so cool that Princess 2 could meet up with some of her fellow princesses.
    ap·pur·te·nant – adjective: appertaining or belonging; pertaining.

...to Disneyland.

• is enjoying a ukulele.

Those are some precious pictures. It looks like the CMs really did go out of their way to give you and your family a real magical time. Kudos to them, and I'm very happy for you.

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

Very cute pics! Thanks for sharing the TR!
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.

• Mommy of 2 Miracles!

Quote Originally Posted by Kritter View Post
    I think she was scared of the crowds and not of Minnie.

As you can see in the other pictures, she was smiling

Yes, that's right. She has some hyper stimulation issues and Minnie's line was crowded. She could only see peoples bottoms and she spun out right before Miinnie got to us. Thankfully we took a breather and Minnie hadn't gone to bed yet!
    "To ALL who come to this happy place, Welcome" Walt Disney

All means ALL

• Looking for Hidden Mickey

Great report, and nice story!
    Check out my page at www.myspace.com/wheresmickey

Check out my pin collection at www.pinpics.com. User name is WheresMickey

• Do You know?

Thank you so much for sharing this TR.

I love when CMs go out of their way to make a special moment like that happen.

I hope your daughter is doing better and gets to come back to Disneyland really soon.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

Great pictures and report. Sorry the earth moved on your first day back at Disneyland. P2 is a cutie pie. I love the picture of her in Minnie's mirror.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Thanks for posting your report. Glad to see you were all treated so well and had a great time. Better late than never!

• Animation Domination

Those photos were very touching...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast