Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sad The state of the haunted mansion

Hello,
    First off i am new to mice chat and entered my user name with a typo in the word mansion does anyone know how to change this? i have had the account but have never used it. I was wondering if anyone had noticed the state of disneylands haunted mansion. Maybe i am just crazy but the load area is very bright to the point of being able to see all the black walls and the ceiling. There is missing ghost host speil throughout the ride and in addition the leota room is way to bright i can see all the wires and the effect makes her face looked stretched and wrong. Has anyone else noticed this or is it just me? It really bothers me.

• Following the Second Star

Re: The state of the haunted mansion

Sorry I can't help you on the first part. But was this all on one trip, did this happen on various trips, or what? Give us a little timeline. Because it just could've been an issue with the effect that one time, then it was fixed. Because I personally have never noticed that problem

Cammie Dog: 3/27/05-6/28/09 God took you way too soon Protect your dog from heat stroke. It attacks and kills quickly.

No its been going on for a little while but its been getting brighter. You never used to be able to see the buggy in front of you when you were making your way up the stairs. As for the leota effect i would say its been that way sense it came up from hmh last year. And the missing ghost host in the hallway the line about all our ghosts have been dieing to meet you have been gone sense before hmh 2006.

Well I'm not really the best to answer this, I don't notice stuff like that. I tend to focus on the good, not the bad. Just the type of person I am I guess, I don't notice anything wrong unless someone points it out.

My friend though says that she's noticed that the speil in front of the clock before the seance room isn't there. She also agrees that the load area is unusually bright, but the seance room, however, varies. She's seen it bright, but it's usually pretty dark. And according to her, Leota's face has always seemed stretched and wrong though

And she rides it every week, so she's a good person to ask.

Cammie Dog: 3/27/05-6/28/09 God took you way too soon Protect your dog from heat stroke. It attacks and kills quickly.

Yeah the madam leota speil has been missing as well for a long time. I dont know what going on but it all really bothers me i almost can't enjoy the ride im sort of a stickler when it comes to attractions especially the mansion.

• Mrs. J. Depp

He's right about it being brighter. The Mansion used to be much darker. It ruins it when you can see the wires and shabby painted walls.
    As for your user name, pm a moderator and request for it to be fixed.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

Gosh, I NEVER notice this stuff. It's bright and you can see wires? Seriously? Wow. The only thing I ever notice is that a good portion of Splash Mountain is stuff not in the movie, and that Brer Rabbit makes hissing noises at the end.

Obviously I am not a good Micechatter since I can't critique stuff. Bad me. Bad me.

(joking of course. all you guys rock, even if there is a little more critiqing than I'd like.)

Yes i mean the load is designed to be a very dark area a friend of mine was an opening day cast member for mansion and said it used to be almost pitch black. The walls were never ment to be seen and neither was the floor really so there is one little patch of rug thats raised up off the floor. It drives me crazy.

I am not one who likes to notice things wrong and i am not really critiqing but its just goten to a point where it ruins the entire illusion.

• =)

The lights are too bright in many parts of the attraction, unfortunately. A lot of it is for legal reasons, I'm sure, but they don't have to make it as bright as they have.

The missing Ghost Host spiel lines in the corridor of doors are an interesting issue. Those lines were, of course, recorded along with all the others back in the late 60s, but the original Imagineers decided against including them in the show--the reasons often given are that the lines after "Sshhhh...listen" contradicted that request, and that introducing Madame Leota meant overlapping part of her spiel. Both are kinda valid, I suppose, and I don't mind the first one being absent, but I definitely like the "Perhaps Madame Leota..." lines. Anway, they weren't included in the show originally, but they somehow got added back in later. It was just a few years ago when the spiel was reverted to its original form. Kinda like the portrait hall, in a way. And what's funny is...I mostly hear people--myself included--asking for the so-called "original" versions, even though what we have now is actually the original.

• Banned User

About your name misspelling....I'd PM Monorail Man.

As for HM....I think you are right. It DID used to be darker.

Yes that is the orginal version but i personally like the extra lines i think it adds a little something extra to the attraction id be happy with just the intro to leota as it intorduces her as a major character in the mansion.

I was in the HM 2 weeks ago and the brightness also bothered me a lot. I recall vividly not being able to see the ceiling and walls before you board the doom buggies. We could also easily see the wires in the seance room w/ madam leota.

It's really a shame for those of us who remember how dark it used to be. If this truly has to do with lawyers, (I'm not really convinced of that) then that just super sucks; If not, I hope someone is able to bring it to Disney's attention.
    Ryborg

• Follow me on Twitter!!!

I, too, remember it being a lot darker...and I miss the Leota spiel a lot...it was kinda creepy and when I was little it always put me in a sort of creeped out mood...the way he talks about her is so sinister...I LOVE IT!!!
    *~*~*Prince Dalton*~*~*

• =)

Quote Originally Posted by princedalton View Post
    I miss the Leota spiel a lot...it was kinda creepy and when I was little it always put me in a sort of creeped out mood...the way he talks about her is so sinister...I LOVE IT!!!
    Indeed. Eleanor Audley did an amazing job as Madame Leota's voice, but I'm willing to sacrifice a few seconds of her spiel if it means hearing that bit of the Ghost Host spiel. "...the disembodied..." Ooh, shivers.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast