Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Re: Wagon Wheel Theater presenting the Frontier Revue

Since, for some reason, the link to this thread was not properly setup in the roundup, I'm bumping this thread, so it at least is represented today.

• I'm a Lutheran

Awesome idea! Finally an attraction worth talking about! Maybe you can bring back the Silver Banjo Barbecue on top of theater and include an Aquatopia of sorts?
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

I've been working on the 3D modeling some, and am making progress on the barn that will serve as the entrance to the theater.

It's not much right now, but I'll be adding more details and textures as I go along.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Quote Originally Posted by MANEATINGWREATH View Post
    Awesome idea! Finally an attraction worth talking about! Maybe you can bring back the Silver Banjo Barbecue on top of theater and include an Aquatopia of sorts?
    Thank you!

The restaurant is definitely going to be a BBQ place now, since BBQ really isn't represented well in the parks now.

But, I'm curious: how does aquatopia fit in to the American frontier, circa 1800's?

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Okee dokee, folks. I've had to come to a hard realization: there really aren't that many authentic western songs that still exist. Or that aren't so sad you want to curl up in a corner and cry. So, I'm going to have to bring in some music that was made more recently, but most definitely still in the old west style. And believe me, this is going to make it so much easier to pick the music for this show.

And, I've had the great misfortune to be reminded of good ol' Buffalo Bill. Wow that man was amazing. I'm now torn between my original idea, and changing the whole format of the show to a "Buffalo Bill's Wild West"-style show, complete with battles and whatnot. Argh.

At the very least, I'm interested in replacing my Miner 49er host with Buffalo Bill, but keeping the remainder of the show intact. This way, it provides an injection of history (in a non-lecture/history lesson kind of way), that also fits in perfect with my idea. Bill had a great variety show, and this was a variety show to begin with. Thus, the connection. Hmm... thoughts?
    Last edited by dland_lover; 09-27-2008 at 09:40 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12