Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Lightbulb Wagon Wheel Theater presenting the Frontier Revue

Maybe the name needs some work... I'm usually horrible at naming things (for the show, not the theater. I like that name ). And I originally posted this in the Disneyland Tracker thread, but later decided to move it into it's own thread, thus keeping that one on-topic.

I'm working on an idea now, that would entail the complete removal of the Carousel Theater, in Tomorrowland, with that space then available for a new attraction. Then, in Frontierland, the Big Thunder Ranch and Festival of Fools Arena would be torn out, as well. I would then replace them with a larger (albeit, not much larger, according to Google Earth) Carousel Theater, now called the Wagon Wheel Theater. It would be placed underground, with a queue/ramps leading down to the loading area (starting top-side in a barn), and ramps leading back up to the surface, coming out of a hole in the wall of a jail cell in a small jail/sheriff's office.

The show would consist of 6 scenes, like the original shows in TL had, but because of the larger space, would have an even higher capacity, and more room for the stage section, as well. The show would start off in an underground mine, where a miner would come out of a small cave in a mine cart to introduce the show. Each scene thereafter would represent a different locale in the U.S., around the timeframe that Frontierland takes place in, allowing for the greatest range of songs to be chosen.

The next scene would be in the Midwest, playing up prairie-type music. After this scene would be the Southern U.S., specifically the mountains of the South. This part would be very familiar to all who ever experienced the Country Bear Jamboree. A slightly modified version of the old stage design and layout would be used, and some of the songs from the original show, and some newer ones, would be utilized.

The next region to be explored would be the Wild West, in the deserts. Cowboy and desert music will be featured here. The next scene takes a page out of Marc Davis' book, and Disney history: it would take place in a small Western town, playing the more popular songs of the old-frontier, culminating in a little bit of a shoot out/bar brawl scene (a la Western River Expedition's grand climax).

Each scene would be introduced by the Miner host, as well as a host for that scene. Also, this would be true at the conclusion of each scene. The final scene would have all of the different hosts from the show (The Miner, Henry from CBJ, and the others, who have yet to be determined), giving us one last musical number and a final farewell, extending the invitation to come back again.

On the surface, would be a Western Settlement in the middle of the wilds of the frontier's forests. With the main attraction being underground, there is now room for other attractions to be installed up top- a D-ticket, and maybe one or two C-tickets (again, utilizing stacking attractions on top of eachother to maximize space, similar to Alice and Mr. Toad), plus a store and a new restaurant.

The concept is not finished (obviously), but well on it's way, I think.

• E T1CK3T

Re: Wagon Wheel Theater presenting the Frontier Revue

That's a neat idea... that reminds me of the Wheel Well Inn in Cars... a modification on your idea to fit into the Cars world could fit in the new land at DCA. That would be interesting as well.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!

Blog Entries

I actually really like this idea - most likely helped along since I loved the CoP.

Great use of theme and wonderful way to include the Bears.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Quote Originally Posted by SeaWolf38 View Post
    That's a neat idea... that reminds me of the Wheel Well Inn in Cars... a modification on your idea to fit into the Cars world could fit in the new land at DCA. That would be interesting as well.
    I was hoping for an attraction that isn't movie based...

Quote Originally Posted by MTNGIRL View Post
    I actually really like this idea - most likely helped along since I loved the CoP.

Great use of theme and wonderful way to include the Bears.
    Why, thank you!
    Last edited by dland_lover; 08-29-2008 at 05:56 PM. Reason: Spelling error

• E T1CK3T

Quote Originally Posted by dland_lover View Post
    I was hoping for a attraction that isn't movie based...

Haha good idea! I like that alot better.

• Mrs. J. Depp

I keep thinking about when Disneyland was built and some rides and attractions were based on movies. There weren't as many movies back then as there are now, therefore not many things were movie based, but what Disneyland really lacks is the imagination that needs to be put into things like this. They used to have that and now its all about movie tie ins and correlation. I like your idea for a theater and I like the name too!

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• U. B. Bold

Great ideas. I'm all for anything that brings creative new attractions to Frontierland.
    Please visit my Big Thunder/Disney Inspired Model Railroad

Dream big. Do what you love.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

I'm currently making a 3d model of the theater, to one day, hopefully, be a complete representation of my idea.

For now, though, I have a render of the entrance sign that I'm working on. It's not finished yet, by any means, but it should help all of you to begin to see what's in my head.

I'll post more renders as I get further along.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Good idea. Although I sure miss the weasel!

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

Creative concept. Being a fan of the AA theatre-style attraction, this idea especially appeals to me. Well done.

• The one, the only...

Great concept dland_lover! I like the overlapping attraction concept.

I want to add my two cents for what it is worth. The key to the show is to "make fun" of the characters and the concept. Keep away from a history lesson. This was used in the original Country Bear Jamboree. It had bears who we laughed at. Trixie with her big size and tipsy wine glass. Liver Lips with his big mouth. Big Al and his "so sad" song. The Billy Hill and the Hillbillies show uses the same concept. The more we laugh at them, the more entertained we are. They might show us "a little Americana" but basically we want to be entertained.

The original COP was revolutionary because the audience moved instead of the stage. But now I think that concept is no longer a draw in itself. But I think that the more movement the audience makes, the better the attraction. Also the more the audience breaks the plane of the stage the better. Put the audience "in" the action, get them involved or interact somehow with the show will make it a better attraction.

Well, those are some ideas. They might not be earth shattering, but they are some ideas.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Quote Originally Posted by JiminyCricketFan View Post
    Great concept dland_lover! I like the overlapping attraction concept.

I want to add my two cents for what it is worth. The key to the show is to "make fun" of the characters and the concept. Keep away from a history lesson. This was used in the original Country Bear Jamboree. It had bears who we laughed at. Trixie with her big size and tipsy wine glass. Liver Lips with his big mouth. Big Al and his "so sad" song. The Billy Hill and the Hillbillies show uses the same concept. The more we laugh at them, the more entertained we are. They might show us "a little Americana" but basically we want to be entertained.

The original COP was revolutionary because the audience moved instead of the stage. But now I think that concept is no longer a draw in itself. But I think that the more movement the audience makes, the better the attraction. Also the more the audience breaks the plane of the stage the better. Put the audience "in" the action, get them involved or interact somehow with the show will make it a better attraction.

Well, those are some ideas. They might not be earth shattering, but they are some ideas.
    No, they certainly are helpful, and don't worry- there will be plenty of humor.

Quote Originally Posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post
    Creative concept. Being a fan of the AA theatre-style attraction, this idea especially appeals to me. Well done.

Wow. Coming from you, that means a lot. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Good idea. Although I sure miss the weasel!
    Hmm... I'm sure I could arrange for something...

• failure for lunch

I can't remember the last time I've heard an idea this good.
    It's not groundbreaking, nor is it cutting edge, yet it's the
    best attraction I've read about for some time.

The name is great too. Disney, please take notes.

• Oo-de-lally

Great Idea. I also like the new restaurant idea too. Disneyland needs a good sit down BBQ place that serves BBQ ribs and chicken.
    Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally
    Golly, what a day

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Quote Originally Posted by manifest View Post
    I can't remember the last time I've heard an idea this good.
    It's not groundbreaking, nor is it cutting edge, yet it's the
    best attraction I've read about for some time.

The name is great too. Disney, please take notes.
    Aww... Thank you!
    And I, too, hope that Disney takes notes.

Quote Originally Posted by Craigroy8287 View Post
    Great Idea. I also like the new restaurant idea too. Disneyland needs a good sit down BBQ place that serves BBQ ribs and chicken.
    Ooh... I hadn't even thought of that! I love that idea!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast