Talking thanksgiving trip

I know this question has probly been asked a zillion times,but please bear with me. I'm new. Our family is planning atrip to D-land Nov 14th-23rd. The travel channel said the week before Tanksgiving is one of the slowest times of the year. Is this true? ANy first hand accounts. we have been before and thought it would be nice to see all the holiday decorations and parades this time. Any advice is welcome.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Re: thanksgiving trip

Generally speaking the week before Thanksgiving has historically been slow. Most of the Christmas decorations will already be up by then, the weather should be fairly moderate, and schools are still in session so midweek crowds should be light. The week OF Thanksgiving is very crowded but it looks like you will be able to get in ahead of the big holiday rush between the busy Veterans Day weekend and Thanksgiving itself since Thanksgiving is later this year.

And welcome to MiceChat!! We hope you have a great time around here and make some new friends along the way! If you're in the park on any Sunday, be sure and stop by the hub at noon... theres usually some MiceChatters hanging out there!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

You'll be fine during that week. The Park's attendance numbers have been off anyway. Research what attractions will down. There are usually a few still down readying for the Holidays. I know Small World will still be down. Alpine Gardens/King Triton Gardens is boarded up as it transitions to Fairy Hollow. Don't miss Haunted, the overlay is very cool. Some things in DCA may be on their way out. Just check it out. Reading the columns on miceage.com will really keep you up to speed. Look and scroll down on Al Lutz's columns, and all the others are great, too. Very informative. Good luck, you'll have a ball.

Thank you both for your help .I was getting worried .my family , my sisters family, and our parents are all going down.what is the hub?

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

As you go down Main Street toward the castle, in the (mostly) center of the park before you get to the castle is a circular area with The Partners statue, of Walt and Mickey. Thats called the hub because all of the other "lands" jut off from this point.

Every Sunday at Noon, MiceChatters meet at the hub, on the left side (as you face the castle). Its a chance for everyone to hang out for about 30 minutes, say hi, get to know new people, then you can either have lunch with any other MiceChatters who are going to be going to lunch, or break off into your own group to do what you want! But its just a nice little social howdy for us MiceChatters!! Sometimes there are a lot of people (like when we have big planned meets, like Gay Days or the Anniversary), some times theres only 5 or 6. You just never know until you show up!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.