Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• You didn't see anything!

Blog Entries

Re: Golden Dreams Closes September 7th

Oh man, I need to see it before it leaves.

• Queen Elsa

I've seen it and I didn't like it. I'm glad it's going away. My mom also is glad it's going away she can't stand Woopi.

• It's all about Theme!

NOOOOOOO!

No matter what you say that film is beautiful, and it takes a person who makes them to appreciate it.

Does anyone appreciate the sentimental value and historical value behind attractions anymore?? I don't see why it would kill them to let the public view it till the end.
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

I really do like the film, and will be a little sad once it's gone. The only things I can't take, is that the audio is WAYYYYYYYY to loud, and that ridiculous montage at the end.

Other than that, I like it. I might even buy it if they put it on DVD to sell, after it's gone.

The last times I went into Golden Dreams and the Halloween version it was with a small handful of people, I would guess maybe 20 tops. With this small ammount of turn out it only makes sense to shutter it, IMHO.
    Matthew

They never gave that attraction a fighting chance.

The cycle time is half an hour. They don't allow people to sit in the pre-show area. There is no pre-show show to entertain people. There is no countdown clock to tell people when the next show begins. The waiting area is not indoors, and it isn't even covered. The building and the signage are easy to miss, and everything outside the attraction seems static and uninteresting.

I told my own mother the news, and she was mad saying that "Golden Dreams" is the best thing at D.C.A. I happen to agree because, while the attraction was never as elaborate as it should have been, it was still the only true "Disney" experience at D.C.A. besides Soarin' over California. And, the film did a good job tying the rest of the park together.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticIdealist View Post
    The building and the signage are easy to miss
    This is easy to miss?

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Manning View Post
    This is easy to miss?

I see sky and some people, but where is the building?

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • has a brand new mindset

Aren't they doing Golden Screams again this year for Halloween? If so, the date works for when they would shut it down for the Halloween overlay. Then they don't bring it back other than for school visits - keeps staffing to a minimum and they don't have to have a set date for completely shutting it down for the Ariel ride build.
    I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how you’d meet a kid,
    then 10 seconds later you’d be playing like you were best friends?"

• Knows Where His Towel Is

I'm glad they're shutting it down...every time I went past that giant dome, the queue was empty, 4-5 people in it at the most. I'm looking forward to TLM.

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
    HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
    ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
    FOLLOW MY BLOG: <>

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
    I see sky and some people, but where is the building?
    Um, there is a huge big great dome, with a huge poster!

Quote Originally Posted by tinkermonkey View Post
    Aren't they doing Golden Screams again this year for Halloween? If so, the date works for when they would shut it down for the Halloween overlay. Then they don't bring it back other than for school visits - keeps staffing to a minimum and they don't have to have a set date for completely shutting it down for the Ariel ride build.
    No they are not doing it this year. If you look at Disney's official Halloween Time page, you'll see that it is not listed.

I think we can all agree that the coolest thing about the show was the ending or at least that is what I am understanding from reading all your postings...lol I have to agree I have the song on CD and love hearing it all the time.

• keh!

i think the problem w/ the show is the location. when you place it in a somewhat empty area (empty SF buildings) where you can see a more exciting area w/ attractions, who's gonna see that show? place it at the entry plaza, it would make sense to introduce the history of CA when you introduce the park to the guests. it would probably do better that way. that and beef up the entertainment value a bit.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Flickering Bulb View Post
    i think the problem w/ the show is the location. when you place it in a somewhat empty area (empty SF buildings) where you can see a more exciting area w/ attractions, who's gonna see that show? place it at the entry plaza, it would make sense to introduce the history of CA when you introduce the park to the guests. it would probably do better that way. that and beef up the entertainment value a bit.
    Yeah, I mean if they're going to build the Carthay Circle Theater anyway with-out the Walt Disney Story, they could just temporarily at least put Golden Dreams in there.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

The Main Page for DL's Halloweentime DOES include a video which does mention Golden Screams. Go to this page and Click on the Pumpkin on the right that says "Mummies Podcast". Makes it sound like they are planning on running it again this year, since they bothered to include a link to that particular video.

As for Golden Dreams going away, buh-bye. I'm not even blinking an eye at this mini movie leaving. This is one of the MANY things in DCA that by it's closing, will only be an improvement. And really, losing Golden Screams, either next year or this year, is an improvement, as well.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast