Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

• Banned User

Re: Golden Dreams Closes September 7th

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    The Main Page for DL's Halloweentime DOES include a video which does mention Golden Screams. Go to this page and Click on the Pumpkin on the right that says "Mummies Podcast". Makes it sound like they are planning on running it again this year, since they bothered to include a link to that particular video.
    That video is from last year.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Yes, the video does have a release date in 2007, NOT my point. The point was that Disney bothered to include a Link on their CURRENT Halloweentime page to this video AT ALL. The question STILL REMAINS, why would Disney include a link to a video which DOES feature "Screams", if they were not intending on doing it again this year.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    Yes, the video does have a release date in 2007, NOT my point. The point was that Disney bothered to include a Link on their CURRENT Halloweentime page to this video AT ALL. The question STILL REMAINS, why would Disney include a link to a video which DOES feature "Screams", if they were not intending on doing it again this year.
    Because that video covers the rest of the Halloween offerings. I'm sure they'll put up a newer one when we get closer to Halloween Time.

• Dapper Dan-nabe

I saw it once, and (as someone who makes films) found it unwatchably bad. Pretty pictures and a decent song don't excuse an error-filled, stereotype-laden, really lousy script. It was a waste of space and a waste of the nice architecture. If this is the best thing at DCA, I think that says more about the quality of the park than the quality of the attraction. It will not be missed.
    -SilentDante
    eliselzer.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by SilentDante View Post
    I saw it once, and (as someone who makes films) found it unwatchably bad. Pretty pictures and a decent song don't excuse an error-filled, stereotype-laden, really lousy script. It was a waste of space and a waste of the nice architecture. If this is the best thing at DCA, I think that says more about the quality of the park than the quality of the attraction. It will not be missed.
    I never saw it. What was the storyline? What were the stereotypes related to? Now I'm curious since so many like it and so many dislike it.

I would like to know the errors, stereotypes, and "lousy" writing, myself. I think the biggest criticisms of the film are usually made by people who don't really know who Queen Calafia is. And, the attraction actually should have explained that aspect better. The pre-show would have been a perfect place to do so.

Queen Calafia is the Amazonian goddess ruler of the mythical island paradise of California that was described in the 15th-Century Spanish novel, The Exploits of Esplandian.

When Spanish explorers found what is now the Golden State, they referred to it as the California from the novel. So, since Queen Calafia is immortal and omniscient, she appears throughout the film to inspire at important moments in California's history the various idealists and dreamers who have been drawn to this unique place.
    Last edited by PragmaticIdealist; 08-31-2008 at 07:04 PM.

• It's all about Theme!

Quote Originally Posted by SilentDante View Post

Excuse me. There were no stereotypes, most things were spoken by their own people. It is the best quality item of DCA and I am shocked that so many people see it that way. Beautiful design and I cry every time I see the montage. I don't see how you people miss the quality and the value has obviously been wasted.
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Walt Jr. View Post
    Excuse me. There were no stereotypes, most things were spoken by their own people. It is the best quality item of DCA and I am shocked that so many people see it that way. Beautiful design and I cry every time I see the montage. I don't see how you people miss the quality and the value has obviously been wasted.
    Ditto to that!

I thought it was a nice, different attraction that provided an enjoyable little experience.

I really like the dome and the architecture of the building, and the queue looks nice and has some great music in it. It's a shame that most just passed this one by, because it really does have some nice, memorable aspects to it.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by pvcoasterguy View Post
    I really like the dome and the architecture of the building, and the queue looks nice and has some great music in it. It's a shame that most just passed this one by, because it really does have some nice, memorable aspects to it.
    You're lucky that the dome is staying then.

• Fancy that...

I'm not sad that it's going but I'd wish that it's early departure meant that they would start construction sooner on TLM ... And just my two cents on the montage...HORRIBLE! The music alone makes me want to barf.

Blog Entries

Well, I went and watched it for the last time today. As a California lifer I always enjoyed it!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Manning View Post
    Because that video covers the rest of the Halloween offerings. I'm sure they'll put up a newer one when we get closer to Halloween Time.
    Did you confirm this with Disneyland or are you just guessing again?

Right now, I'd take word from the DL site over something that you haven't confirmed is incorrect on the DL website.

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticIdealist View Post

Forcing "The Little Mermaid" into that space is yet another dumb idea, but, after the last several years, I wouldn't have expected any more from Disney.

Creativity and the moribund Disney name are antonymous.
    I dont follow? Tearing down an unpopular attraction and clearing all of land around it, and putting in one of the most expansively elaborate Omni-mover attractions since Mansion is a Dumb Idea? Just one scene of the ride is going to take place in the entire Golden Dreams Theater. I am glad they are finally replacing unpopular attractions with much larger fanciful ones, just like Walt Disney did with Tomorrowland in the 1950's and 1960's.

While I dont care either way for Golden Dreams, I am sad that it is an addition through subtraction however small the attraction is it will be missed.

I also dont like how they are closing it without immediate construction.

• Reader - Rare Poster

Thanks for posting that. I always go see it when bringing someone new to the park. It's a great history lesson without being preachy or boring. The Asian bride who discovers her husband is an old man and the closing montage always make me cry. I'm just sentimental, that way.

I'll be sorry to see it go. Too bad it wasn't in a better location. Maybe it'll be released on DVD sometime.

--Dave

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast