• Banned User

Parade & Fireworks Update

Looking at the Disneyland.com calender, it seems that the last day both Walt Disney’s Parade of Dreams & Remember Dreams Come True are scheduled for, is Tuesday November 11th. Then after a week or so with no parade or fireworks, performances of both A Christmas Fantasy & Believe In Holiday Magic will start on Friday November 21st. Both Christmas offerings will stop performances on January 5th, 2009, & Parade of Dreams will return after the repaving of Main Street on February 13th. It is not yet known when in January Remember Dreams Come True will return.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!

Blog Entries

Re: Parade & Fireworks Update

Thanks for the update!

• Fireworks Finatic!

Hmm.. I can't see them not having fireworks, the parade or Fantasmic! for a full weekend, Nov 14-16. Since Fantasmic! won't be back until December, my bets are they will still offer Remember on that weekend. It's much quicker to change out Remember for Believe, but to change the parades out, does require a bit more time with the needed rehearsals and all.. Just my thoughts... We'll see for sure what happens soon enough!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by AaronInCal View Post
    Hmm.. I can't see them not having fireworks, the parade or Fantasmic! for a full weekend, Nov 14-16. Since Fantasmic! won't be back until December, my bets are they will still offer Remember on that weekend. It's much quicker to change out Remember for Believe, but to change the parades out, does require a bit more time with the needed rehearsals and all.. Just my thoughts... We'll see for sure what happens soon enough!
    This is the way it has been done for all years past. Besides, Fantasmic returns November 7th.

• Minion

ORWEN: We're so glad to hear that the parade will be up and running for our October visit. We had originally heard that Main Street would be all torn up by then and that the parades wouldn't be running. Guess they changed their minds and put it off until later!!

• Goofy

thanks for the update.

Actually RDCT will still be performing on November 14th - 16th. Also, like Luke said, they will have Fantasmic! up and running 7 days before POD goes down.

• Fireworks Finatic!

Ah, I thought Fantasmic! did not return until December. That's great then!

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

My wife and I were talking lastnight, as we made our way out of the parking structure with fireworks in our vision.

We think the 50th Firework show and the show today are fantastic. However, what we consider and extremely big drawback to them is that in order to get the full affect of them, you have to be on Main Street and as close to Sleeping Beauties Castle as possible. That causes foot traffic chaos because they have to rope of sections and bunch people together and so forth. Being sequestered to certain areas or only allowed to go a certain direction because people are waiting to see fireworks and hour and a half later does not contribute to MY happiness at the Happiest Place on Earth. Not only that, the mass exodus after the show is unreal - and dangerous!

Don't get me wrong - I think the show is great. I just don't think it's good regarding crowds. I remember the days when you could watch the fireworks from any point in the park...and music was piped in all over - and you never worried or thought you were missing the fireworks from anywhere....because the idea that if you looked up into the sky from any point in the park, you'd see Fantasy in the Sky. Now it seems like it's more "squeeze as close to the castle as you can so you make sure to see the show, otherwise you lose". I really liked being able to see fireworks from New Orleans Square, Fantasyland, Tomorrowland or even this old little gas station on West Street when I was a kid back in the 70's.

I'm of the few that believe that with things like this, less might be more.

• Better Butter Battle Vic

Blog Entries

Small world used to be a good place to view the fireworks, they used to do the same projections on small world that they did on the castle.

• Diva Extrodinaire

A great place to watch fireworks is the DVC stand by the Plaza Pavilion, near Adventureland. Except for a tree that blocked the Matterhorn, you could see the projections, fire, fireworks, and Tinker Bell.

Question: Is it true that there are special fireworks at the island and lights b/c I saw some lights blinking like magic on our way to Splash Mountain (a 9:00 FP p/u at 1:30?) during the fireworks.
    ONE TWO THREE NOT ONLY YOU AND ME