Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Banned User

Re: What would you name the so called 3rd theme park at the DLR?

Quote Originally Posted by DCAfanatic View Post
    I would call it "Walt Disney's Discovery Bay" any more suggestions.........
    I would call it Karla's hide away

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

How about Churroville?

No, not serious. Unless they really built a ride that was the Cave of Cursed Churros. Then I might consider it.

1) Years ago, during Eisner's regime, Disney came very close to building an "Amercian Experience" themed park. I believe it was to be built in Virginia, but was voted down by the people of the area. Pilgrims, Revolution, Ben Franklin, Paul Revere...you get the idea. That could work, very patriotic.

2) A west coast version of EPCOT with World Showcase. Very metropolitan. It needs to be closer to Walt's vision, though. Very 22nd century, too. It would have to really wow, and that would cost big time, no shortcuts. World class.

3) We need a place to transplant some of WDW's attractions, like Dinosaur, Hall of Presidents, The Great Movie Ride, and Rock-N-Roller Coaster. Dinosaur would have to be changed from DAK, because it's just way too close to our Indy infrastructure.

It's fun to think about, though isn't it. Maybe someone's reading this who's thinking........

Quote Originally Posted by Goof@Heart View Post
    1) Years ago, during Eisner's regime, Disney came very close to building an "Amercian Experience" themed park. I believe it was to be built in Virginia, but was voted down by the people of the area. Pilgrims, Revolution, Ben Franklin, Paul Revere...you get the idea. That could work, very patriotic.

2) A west coast version of EPCOT with World Showcase. Very metropolitan. It needs to be closer to Walt's vision, though. Very 22nd century, too. It would have to really wow, and that would cost big time, no shortcuts. World class.

3) We need a place to transplant some of WDW's attractions, like Dinosaur, Hall of Presidents, The Great Movie Ride, and Rock-N-Roller Coaster. Dinosaur would have to be changed from DAK, because it's just way too close to our Indy infrastructure.

It's fun to think about, though isn't it. Maybe someone's reading this who's thinking........
    I like the first 2.

If there couldnt be one big Disneyland. I would want DCA to turn into Disney's Land of the Free and have it deal with the American Revolution to the beginnings of television. The only problem I see is it isnt very magical or fantasy-like which is the reason i want a big DL. I wouldn't mind seeing west coast version of epcot either if it did stick with Walt's ideas.

• Fullerton Escapee

Disney's Fairy Princess Dream Wish Land of Belief.

Yeah I just threw up in my mouth a little after writing that.

How about - Mythos, based on areas like El Dorado, Atlantis, etc.

Or the Divine Comedy with Paradiso, Pergatorio, and Inferno.

Vanity Fair - after all, it is the thing that keeps man from reaching paradise.

An actual Universal park - with lands themed after the different planets.

Yeah, no names, which was kind of the point, but they're ideas.

How about World Showcase?
    Matthew

Mickey and friends parking structure.
    When hinges creek in doorless chambers, and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls, Whenever candlelights flicker, where the air is deathly still, That is the time when ghosts are present practicing their terror with ghoulish delight.

Welcome, foolish mortals, to the Haunted Mansion!

• Mean Mermaid

Quote Originally Posted by Nuklhed View Post
    Mickey and friends parking structure.
    That one. My vote. For the win.

But on a more serious (not really) note; the new theme park should be called:

All-the-Rides-and-Crap-Disneyworld-Gets-but-we-Don't-Because-we-Can't-Fit-It-Anywhere-in-Our-Tiny-Park... Land.... Maybe ATRACDGBWDBWCFIAIOTPland? I don't know, All-the-Rides-and-Crap-Disneyworld-Gets-but-we-Don't-Because-we-Can't-Fit-It-Anywhere-in-Our-Tiny-Park Land rolls off the tongue so nicely.

RANT ALERT!!! If you don't want to hear it, don't read it:

I mean, don't take this the wrong way people, especially if I'm completely wrong and don't know what the heck I'm talking about: but doesn't it seem like if Disneyland Resort, by chance, gets a good ride, the people back east whine and complain until somewhere in Disneyworld, the ride that we had that they wanted suddenly appears in their park, usually better than ours is too.

Don't ask me to come up with a whole lot of examples cause I haven't lived that long, but two hop to my mind readily is the Matterhorn and Soarin' Over California.

Of course Disneyworld would want a Matterhorn. It has been a shining star in the Disneyland ride list for nearly fifty years. But then recently they thought: you know what, we don't need no stinking Matterhorn, most kids don't even know what the Matterhorn is anymore. We'll make a mountain- just one that is bigger, scarier, and has a better monster in it that could beat the snot out of the Matterhorns little Abominable Snowman. And they did. I hate how awesome Expedition Everest is. Especially since I think it's just so people from Florida can go to Disneyland and laugh at our wonderful Matterhorn and tell us, "ours is bigger and better".

And then there's Soarin Over California. You couldn't have just left us this one...? I mean, it's Soarin' Over California, just give it to us. But no. People who visited DCA from the East were too blown away, too jealous. People demanded that they must have one somewhere in Disneyworld too! So the lovely imagineers went "okay, we have the space, we have the technology, you'll be Soarin' again by Christmas!" GAARRG.

Okay: if anyone who has read this far can't tell already, these are the rantings of a green-with-envy, jealous girl. It's not fair that Disneyworld can expand and change and add so many new and wonderful things while we're standing still in time because of a lack of room. It's not fair that people can whine and rant in Florida and get whatever they want out of a ride, while our best chances of getting what we want is sitting still and praying, 'cause only a miracle is going to give us the space to do it. It's not fair that Florida can point at a ride we have and get it almost instantly while we can point all we want and never taste that magic. It's not fair...

Well... at least we get first dibs on parades.

Thanks for putting up with my rant.

• Fantasmic!

I like how 'Disneyland' doesn't suggest a specific theme, and they can include many different themed lands in it. I think that's easier and better than something like 'Hollywood Studios' so there aren't as many restrictions. I think it would be amazing if there was just Disneyland and it included (what then used to be) California Adventure and Downtown Disney. Obviously it would get much more expensive and transportation would be an issue though, among other things...

I need to have an idea of what is going into it. Is it a water park, is it mostly about a specific time jin history? It's to hard to name something that you don't know anything about. It would be like naming a baby before you knew if it was a boy or a girl.

Oceanland.

• Imagineer In Training

80.7 miles from the happiest place on earth.

Michael Eisner's Six Flags Anaheim

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Anaheimland.

I would love to see Disney's Land of Legends Park which would be focussed on ancient mythology/folklore from all around the world.

Lands could be divided up by regions. You would explore mythology from the east (Japan, Korea, China), from EurAsia (Norway, Russia, Germany), from the Mediterranean (Egypt, Middle East, Greece, Rome), and the Americas (North American Native Americans, Central and South America).

But I wouldn't want such a park before DCA got to be a self-sufficient.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Animal Kingdom. We need one here.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast