Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: scrapbooking

Smile scrapbooking

HI i am coming from Australia in Jan. Does anybody know if i can buy disney scrapbooking "stuff" in Disneyland or is there a scrapbooking store near ? Thanks

• Lego Peoplemover Priit

Cool Re: scrapbooking

I'm not sure about what is in Australia, but in California there is a store called Michaels. Michaels sells crafts and art stuff. They normally have scrapbooking stuff. I'm pretty sure they've had Disneyland stuff in the past, but I don't know specifically what they have now. Welcome to Micechat and to California!

• PlunderMouse the Pirate!

Re: scrapbooking

I know at the scrapbooking store near my home they have a really large selection of Disney stuff, so I think if you could find any specialty scrapbooking store there's a good chance they would have a decent Disney selection. And like Peoplemover Pritt said, Joannes and Michael's usually have Disney stuff too.

There is a small scrapbooking section in World of Disney in the large room with the stuffed animals near the DTD side of the store.

• I love Soaring!

Talking Re: scrapbooking

The photo shop at the end of Main Street in Disneyland has a few shelves of special albums, paper, punches and stickers. All are exclusive of Disneyland. Michaels Stores, Joanne's stores and Creative Memories (home & internet based) also have great Disney scrapbooking items. I love using the "freebies" from Disneyland.... programs, schedules, etc. The Jungle Cruise will give you a free map if you ask and there are opportunities for free stickers throughout the park. Have a great time!

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Welcome to MiceChat and congrats on the upcoming trip!

I've seen a small amount of scrapbooking stuff in the Emporium, but not much. As others have said, either a specialty store or a craft store like Michaels or Joanne's would be your best bet.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Wink Re: scrapbooking

I have bought scrapbooking supplies at the store in Toon Town. I did check on-line and here is one I found that you might want to check out: http://www.scrapyourtrip.com/disney.html I have never used this one, but it does give you a "country" selection to ship to.

As others have suggested stores: Joann's and Michaels they both have a nice selection.

You might want to check out the Character Warehouse, just a little ways from Disneyland. We will be going in October and I will check it out.

Hope this helps!

• Mommy of 2 Miracles!

I have two scrapbooks from the photo shop at the end of main street. They are beautiful. I also purchased one of the packs of papers, stickers, die cuts, etc. from either there or the Emporium. I love my Disney book!

You can also go online and get free fonts for your pages. Just type in "Disney fonts".
    "To ALL who come to this happy place, Welcome" Walt Disney

All means ALL

• Hopper's Mortal Enemy

Remember
    What the dormouse said
    Feed your head!

You've read it; you can't unread it!

• Lego Peoplemover Priit

Cool Re: scrapbooking

Quote Originally Posted by PaperbackWriter View Post
    And like Peoplemover Pritt said, Joannes and Michael's usually have Disney stuff too.
    That's Peoplemover Priit to you.

• Closet DLR fan

Hey! I'm a big scrapbooker too, and I asked this question before my last trip. I found some nice stuff in the Emporium on Main Street (a leather-bound album with a metal castle embedded on the front, patterned paper, etc. - also some non-traditional stuff I've been using, such as a set of cards and tags with the Shag DL art pieces), and some things at the store in Frontierland across from the shooting gallery (a castle punch, some Mickey-ear scissors). And of course there's all the free stuff you get over the course of your trip - Fastpasses, park maps/schedules, ticket stubs. Have fun!

Thanks for all the info everybody will be on the look out for these places when i get to Disneyland. Thanks Very Much Again Marnimaya

• I'm not really here

There used to be some punches and such on a rack in the store in Frontierland. (My wife is a scrapbooker as well and I'm on permanent "look-out" duty)

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Even Target has Disney stuff sometimes. But again, not sure if you have Target in Australia? As many have said, Michael's is a really great supplier of scrapbook stuff and there are many places online to check out. I usually go to Worldofmemories.com, although it looks like their site is under construction right now, don't know what's up with that.

Don't forget to ask to "pilot" the Mark Twain, you'll get a pilot's license, perfect for scrapbooks, and I saved my kids' autopia licenses and then added their pictures when I got home. Fast passes, passports, guide maps, daily schedules, all those things have made their way into my scrapbooks, I've even used the pieces of a key chain that broke!
    Toot, Whistle, Plunk, and Boom.

• Imagineer in training

I'm not a scrapbooker, but I know many friends and friends' wives who are hardcore into it. I do recall seeing some nifty stuff in DCA, World of Disney, and the Emporium.

Just a thought here, but Disney could tap into this market with specialty shops thoughout the park. Not merchandise carts, but actual honest to goodness shops. NOS and Main Street would be perfect. Even workshops or demonstrations to showcase this popular pasttime.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast