Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• U. B. Bold

Re: Old Disneyland Parking Lot

*Sigh* Tell you what, I won't knock your childhood memories if you don't knock mine, okay?
    Please visit my Big Thunder/Disney Inspired Model Railroad

Dream big. Do what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by stitchon View Post
    I may not be able to say first hand that the parking lot, since it was gone before my first trip to the resort, but I think that I'd rather walk through a shaded parking garage to a nicely landscaped area to wait for the tram, take it through more landscaping before being dropped off in Downtown Disney, walk through there with the great music and atmosphere, and walk into the esplanade with the disney music blaring loudly than walking across an asphalt wasteland with a view of the park right into the park. Exiting is the same. DCA and Downtown Disney are much more welcoming than any parking lot could possibly be.
    It does seem contrary to common sense, but walking the parking lot was wonderful. I guess you had to be there.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by stitchon View Post
    I may not be able to say first hand that the parking lot, since it was gone before my first trip to the resort, but I think that I'd rather walk through a shaded parking garage to a nicely landscaped area to wait for the tram, take it through more landscaping before being dropped off in Downtown Disney, walk through there with the great music and atmosphere, and walk into the esplanade with the disney music blaring loudly than walking across an asphalt wasteland with a view of the park right into the park. Exiting is the same. DCA and Downtown Disney are much more welcoming than any parking lot could possibly be.
    I did. It was better than the current set-up. It is possible, as I've seen it with my own two eyes.
    1. The view of the park was the trick.
    2. The tram was always a close walk away from where you parked, since the parking Cast Members directed you to the various areas for that specific purpose. No long walk and no long wait were necessary.
    3. Now it's possibly a long walk to the tram, then possibly a long wait for the tram, then a tram ride next to a large green wall, then another walk to the gate.

However, it's not possible, according to you. So, forget what I've written.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• E T1CK3T

Quote Originally Posted by BigThunder View Post
    Me too.
    Nothing can ever replace the thrill of anticipation as you crossed that sea of asphalt heading toward the main entrance. Much more dramatic than approaching it from the sides as you do now.
    As do I. I was much younger at the time, but I still remember walking directly up to the park, under the Monorail beams, and straight to the park.

One funny story I remember was my dad talking about the new park that was supposed to be built where we were walking at that moment. He told me that they were building a biiiiig roller coaster with a loop in it, and I thought he was joking. Then, he said he was gonna make me go on it, and I said I would NEVER go on it, and then I was worried that he might actually make me go on it. Today, I go on Cali Screamin' almost every time I go, and I think back on that parking lot memory and laugh to myself. :oD

Quote Originally Posted by DarylF View Post
    Note that the character names are listed alphabetically is you travel south then west down the parking lot.
    It was set up so that when you were heading back to your car you were looking at the parking lot from the other perspective. They would then be alphabetical from left to right, front to back....Walt was an amazing man!

• ..but you can call me Pam

^^That is so cool! And yes, Walt was amazing!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

LinkBacks (?)

1. 09-02-2008, 03:59 PM