View Poll Results: When Does It Rain The Most In Anaheim?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • January - Febuary

43 75.44%
  • March - April

6 10.53%
  • May - June

0 0%
  • July - August

0 0%
  • September - October

1 1.75%
  • November - December

4 7.02%
  • Winter

5 8.77%
  • Spring

2 3.51%
  • Summer

1 1.75%
  • Fall

2 3.51%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Closed Account

Re: What month is the best month to go to Disneyland in the rain?

Back in late February 1993 when my school marching band marched down Main Street USA we got DRENCHED! My Tuba was filling up with water LOL..it stopped for 6 or 7 hours then started pouring again around 8 pm or so and we were stuck on IASW outside on the boat with no rain gear ...so I'd vote for January-Early March being a good chance for some rain.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by GregC View Post
    Back in late February 1993 when my school marching band marched down Main Street USA we got DRENCHED! My Tuba was filling up with water LOL..it stopped for 6 or 7 hours then started pouring again around 8 pm or so and we were stuck on IASW outside on the boat with no rain gear ...so I'd vote for January-Early March being a good chance for some rain.
    I had a similar experience with my high school marching band. The only difference was that we were locals so having our day at Disneyland "ruined" by rain was not that big of a deal.

The day started out overcast. After noon, we marched down Main Street and then after that we did a performance in front of Mission to Mars. (1983 -- how dare Disney have a high school wind ensemble perform in Tomorrowland! )

For those of you who may not remember, 1983 was a very bad El Nino year with a series of severe storms. (I remember it was 1983 beause it was the same year that I was in high school that we got to go home early because the storms were so bad). Anyway, it is fairly common in So Cal to get rainstorms that can dump over 3 inches in a 24 hour period -- way too much for So Cal. And during El Nino years these types of rainstorms happen several times in a single year.

Anyway, at about 5 pm the rain started pouring. I have been to Disneyland many times in the rain, but it was pouring so much that the water in Main Street near the Emporium puddled up to the top of the curb on the sidewalk. Main Street around Town Square looked like a lake! (Thank goodness our instruments were already in the school bus!)

• Closed Account

DisneyIPresume: Cool Story, I used to be a local back then..as I grew up in So-Cal and my school from from Arcadia. That must have been a blast to perform in Tomorrowland,WOW! That was the best day of my life that first year marching there and again in 1994 as well, the park was almost empty but we had a bunch of smiling happy faces watching us march down Main Street USA which made me still as a kid feel so wonderful..I was in a DLR high almost.

• WouldRatherBeAtDisneyland

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Dopey24 View Post
    Lol. I don't know if i spelled it right.
    haha, no big deal...I just couldn't resist!
    I always remember "desert" vs "dessert" because in 3rd grade (or so) my teacher said "remember, you can only take so much desert, but you always want 2 helpings of dessert!"
    Silly, but it worked!

Rain + Disneyland = Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

• *Stylist to the Princess

Smile January showers

The only time I visited and it was raining was in early January.

On a side note, Late may - june is suprisingly chilly and has what they call "June gloom". I think tourists mistake the grey skies for smog then, I always did.
    I'm dreaming of a trip to Walt Disney World one day

Disneyland in the rain?
    How can you resist this kind of fashion statement?

• no YOU shut up!

Blog Entries

I like to go when it rains, too. But beware that Disneyland crowds are more hard core than other theme park visitors... I have gone on really rainy days, hoping for open space and finding NONE. People tend to buy ponchos and try and tough it out. And since it doesn't rain all that much in SoCal the park isn't designed for rain, so there aren't gutters on a lot of the buildings and anything with an outdoor queue will be miserable, plus they close a lot of "outdoor" rides during rainy days, so be prepared for that.

As someone else mentioned, it gets COLD when it rains, so be sure to dress warmly and layer up. I tend to get overly warm, so I wear a jacket that can easily be taken off when I get inside (in the queue for, say, Pirates) because it's always extra warm inside. Also: word to the wise - bring extra socks. Dry socks (even in damp shoes) are heaven after walking around in soggy ones. And Disneyland doesn't always sell them in the shops. I was stuck last year with soggy socks and none of the shops had socks at all. We ended up bailing and going to Wal Mart (Lincoln exit, north on the 5) and buying some.

• Goofy

Quote Originally Posted by ElleWoods19 View Post
    haha, no big deal...I just couldn't resist!
    I always remember "desert" vs "dessert" because in 3rd grade (or so) my teacher said "remember, you can only take so much desert, but you always want 2 helpings of dessert!"
    Silly, but it worked!
    hahah yeah.

• Welcome Foolish Mortals

Well some years in Los Angeles it may rain only two days all year

so when its raining get over there asap before it stops

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

"Whenever I go on a ride, I'm always thinking of what's wrong with the thing and how it can be improved."
    — Walt Disney

"I wanted to retain my individuality. I knew if someone else got control, I would be restrained." —Walt Disney

"The fun is in always building something. You see, we never do the same thing twice around here. We're always opening up new doors." —Walt Disney

"I've always been bored with just making money. I've wanted to do things; I wanted to build things, to get something going..." —Walt Disney

"I can never stand still. I must explore and experiment. I am never satisfied with my work. I resent the limitations of my own imagination." —Walt Disney

"Get a good idea and stay with it. Work it until it's done and done right." —Walt Disney

"Freedom of speech in all forms and in its broadest sense — has become vital to the very survival of a civilized humanity." —Walt Disney

• CM supporter

30 miles south of the happiest place on earth

Quote Originally Posted by GothicManor View Post
    Well some years in Los Angeles it may rain only two days all year

so when its raining get over there asap before it stops
    Agreed, it's basically impossible to predict So Cal weather.

PS. Disneyland is in Anaheim, Orange County. Not LA. It's not the Los Angeles Disneyland of Anaheim like those crazy Angels.

Sorry, just a pet peeve of mine when everything So Cal gets generalized as being in LA.

• Christmastime for Rocker

Blog Entries

In the past 2 years, the weather has been weird over here. It's rained quite a bit in January, but early to mid Febraury has been rather hot and sometimes humid (in the high 70's or low 80's).

But if you are planning to go in January, I would say mid-to-late January is when it rains. Nobody on rides is the bomb!!

• kari12177

I went in Jan 2007 21st-24th and it didnt rain once

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by dlandjimmy View Post
    Agreed, it's basically impossible to predict So Cal weather.

PS. Disneyland is in Anaheim, Orange County. Not LA. It's not the Los Angeles Disneyland of Anaheim like those crazy Angels.

Sorry, just a pet peeve of mine when everything So Cal gets generalized as being in LA.
    Anaheim/Orange County and Los Angeles have enough similarities historically and currently that they could be interchanged on a cultural level. Orange County even used to be a part or LA County at one time. Today, Orange County's TV and radio stations are all based in LA. And when it comes to the weather there is absolutely no difference.

Here's an intersting conversation I had with someone when I was travelling. Me: "I'm from Newport Beach."

Other person: "Where's that?"

Me: "About an hour south of Los Angeles."

Other person: "OK."

Me: "It's in Orange County."

Other person: "Oh. You're from Los Angeles."

Go figure.

• Grim Grinning

I was there the first week in January of 2008, we were there for three days, the second day we were there it poured, and I mean poured. The park emptied out when it started really coming down. At first it was a heavy sprinkle and about ten minutes later you could barely see your hand infront of your face; it was awesome! Lines were none existant. I got all excited and was jumping in the puddles since I was soaked anyhow. I didn't think about the fact I didn't pack a second pair of shoes at all and didn't have another pair of socks. I asked for two small bags in one of the stores and had to put them over my socks and put my feet back in my shoes so my feet didn't get wet anymore. My shoes were still soaked the next day even though I had them on the heater all night. That will teach me to go to Disneyland in January with one pair of shoes.

Yeah... I will say the first week or two in January would be a safe bet if you want rain.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

LinkBacks (?)