Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Kirbyshowcase.com

Re: New Cars for the Matterhorn? Thats what the CM said.

has anyone mentioned that with only 6 people as opposed to 8, the ride will go slower? Which would ruin the ride for me, I only wish it went faster with more drops.
    (insert funny comment here)

• Mice Chat Newbie

Remember in the Mouse Tales book where the Cast Member had to load a large woman with her tiny husband and tried to get them to switch positions so she was in the back - but oh no! He wouldn't have that! So when the came back from the ride "he looked like Gumby".

If you're on a date or with someone you really care about then lap seating is fine - but I always ride alone. More comfortable that way. A few years ago, I bashed the nose of the person behind me and then the next time, not wanting to bash the nose, I leaned forward and bashed my forehead! ouch! I also get pretty bruised up on that ride - it's the best!

• Minion

Well this idea definitely sucks!

I always appreciated the fact Disneyland had at least a couple rides where we can cuddle-up with our date/other-half in tandem style.

And btw - I've never had a problem with requesting my own seat.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

I really hope they don't eliminate the lap-seating, I like to cuddle

And besides that, I think it's more fun the way you get thrashed around (just try to lean with the bobsled at the turns, the person behind you will try to mimic your movement usually).

• Banned User

I like lap seating simply because I'm tiny and I like having someone hold on to me so I'm not thrown around madly. I love the ride and all but not alone, it hurts too much and it's quite frightening that way lol.

• U. B. Bold

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Remus
    has anyone mentioned that with only 6 people as opposed to 8, the ride will go slower? Which would ruin the ride for me, I only wish it went faster with more drops.
    I heard they were going to add a powered launch and a loop around the Yeti.

Please visit my Big Thunder/Disney Inspired Model Railroad

Dream big. Do what you love.

• 0 to 200 mph in 1 second!

This is a HORRIBLE idea! No!!! And as Uncle Remus pointed out in post # 31 above, this will slow the ride down over two fully loaded sleds today. Most people have no idea that the speed of a roller coaster is impacted by the combined weight of the passengers. Heavier passenger total equals a faster ride. If you don't believe it, make it a point to ride Matterhorn twice the next time you're at the park; the first time with only four people total and then with two full sleds afterwards. You won't believe the difference.

I'm going to express my concern over this next time I go by City Hall.

• Minion

Darn. Having a cute girl sit in your lap is always a bonus. I will miss that. My wife and I have some wonderful memories in the old cars. NOT THAT WAY YOU SICKO's!!!!

• white and nerdy

Quote Originally Posted by speederscout
    I'm going to express my concern over this next time I go by City Hall.
    I'd be interested in what city hall had to say about it.... I thought it was an iteresting easedrop on my account... If someone was to ask at city hall, then perhaps it could become more offical...

As far as all the concerns go, the only one I think is really valid is the Uncle Remus' point about the speed of the ride. While a preverted (misspelling intentional... this time) few might like the chub inducing factor, the more realistic idea is that it will probably increase capacity.... six in every car instead of some with only four.... and I don't think they would get rid of seat belts.... but then again I don't really try and stand up on the ride.... so it doesnt matter to me if they put in lap bars... it would make for a quicker load/unload time...

But it would make it impossible to go as fast as you can now...I sometimes do double up in a fully loaded car to make it go faster, but it is very uncomfortable.... I still like it though... perhaps they could make really heavy cars?

Wait a second..... don't they have automatic brakes throughout the ride to regulate the speed.... I always assumed I go faster with more people, but my wife just reminded me about the brakes.... hmmmm... i don't really know now.. i used to be so sure...
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

• Shubisha

About the restraints, do a quick google image search for space mountain magic kingdom and you'll see the football like blocking restraints that pull down in front of you. Blech. Don't like it.

I say not only should it stay the same but we should have to stand outside of it, get a running start, and jump into the sleds =D

• The Useless Prince

Blog Entries

I think the seats will be a great addition, only if they have good padding.

I had a whole big rant on how we complain about disneyland changing but I did not want to start a time bomb so all i have to say is that There are other ride to "cuddle" in, like the HM
    Last edited by Hilsbro; 08-31-2005 at 10:32 PM. Reason: I hated my Speil of how we complain about change to disneyland

• Shubisha

Add tinted windows to the doombuggies. That'd be the most popular ride change in the history of a theme park

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

uhhh sir, miss... why is your glass all fogged up...

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Disneyland Freak

Quote Originally Posted by squinky
    We went over this when they closed Splash a while back; it's actually illegal to have restraints like that on a water ride according to nautical law. Seriously.
    Nice well then technically they would be ilegal on Matterhorn too since it too has water.
    Joey AKA "dlfreak"
    www.mouseinfo.com

I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive.
    If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."
    Disneyland. My Anti-drug.

With all this talk of "off the shelf" and "on the back-burner" it seems the only thing that DCA is really missing is the kitchen sink!

Create your own Virtual pet today!

• Banned User

Delaware...hopefully not for that much longer.

I don't think they should change the classic lap seating.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast