• 525,600 minutes...

three blocks from the happiest place on earth

Smile the day that my life became complete! (aladdin's final performance)

today had to be the best trip to california adventure ive ever had. here is the timeline of my day.
    12:30- i arrive at california adventure, and take a seat across from the hyperion on the ground and eat a burrito/ start to draw the characters of aladdin in my sketch book.
    this is not the finished drawing.
    1:00- i ask the person in front of the hyperion if i might be able to get preferred seating for the 5:50 showing. he says "nope, all full". i go back to my spot.
    3:00- I finish my drawing, and realize that i could make this a card for the cast of the show. i write a bunch of stuff on the back about how much i love the show and so on.
    4:20- i go up to a cm standing by the entrance of the queue and ask if she could give a card to the cast for me. she says yes, so i pull the finished drawing out of my bag. she is astounded that i drew it. she takes it over to the other cm's standing in the queue and they repeatedly look at the drawing, then look back at me. another cm walks up to me and asks me if i wanted vip seating for the next show. i instantly exclaim YES!!!!! THAT WOULD BE GREAT!!!!. she asked my name and how many in my party. i told her it was just me. she said ok. i go back to my spot and read.
    4:50- i glance up and notice the same cm motioning for me to come hither to her direction. i get up and walk over. she says "nothing is set in stone, but i may get you in to meet the cast." i am bouncin off the floor in excitement. she tells me to stay in the general area, so that she could tell me when to come in after the show lets out. i thank her and return to my spot.
    4:55- i run as fast as i can to find and purchace a disposable camera, then return to my spot.
    5:04- the show has let out, and i am once again being motioned over to her. she opens the door to the theatre and lets me into a room i like to call the holding tank. i wait there for about five minutes. then the big black curtain hanging on the right side of the room parts, and out pop iago, jafar, aladdin, jasmine, carpet, and last but not least, genie. we talk and snap photos for a couple minutes. the cast loved my shirt. i made a shirt that has a picture of the whole new world scene with a caption that says "I LOVE THIS SHOW!". they thought it was great. i presented my drawing to them, which they thought was great. and i exited, got into the vip line, and watched the best performance i have ever seen in my life. it even tops when i saw phantom of the opera on tour. words cant even describe the passion that was poured into it.
    as i was walking out of dca, i saw a guy chatting with a group of people, and i instantly recognized him as one of the aladdins. i his behing a planter for a couple of minutes, trying to build up the courage to approach him. he started walking towards a bug's land, so i ran up behind him, tapped him on the shoulder, and asked him if he was who i thought he was. he said yes, and i got this picture with him:

so, to sum it up, a pencil and paper can really make a day shine. (notice my shirt, isnt it cool??)

Die Vampire, Die!!!

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

Re: the day that my life became complete! (aladdin's final performance)

Wow. That's really cool you got to meet the cast! Thanks for sharing you experience.
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.

• Queen Elsa

Cool story can't weight to see the pictures.

• Banned User

Aww that's such a sweet story! Sounds like you had a really great day! I can't wait to see the pictures

• Minion

I knew I should have come with you! I saw the thread earlier and thought "What the hell, I have nothing better to do." I instead took a nap, bad choice seeing what you got to do. Dx

How wonderful, but the pics dont work

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

I don't see a photo either.

I thought long and hard about coming to see the performance today but with work beginning again for me this week and everything going on I didn't. I will live the experience through you and look forward to seeing the photos.

• Merry 2014!

Good for you! Isn't it wonderful to have such an amazing day at DCA? Would be better with photos.
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

• 525,600 minutes...

three blocks from the happiest place on earth

sorry for the lack of photos. i am one of the most un tech saavy fourteen year olds in this world. ill try to get them soon.

Die Vampire, Die!!!

Fantastic story!! It is so awesome to hear when good things happen to cool people. I think making that drawing and sharing your appreciation to the cast makes you a pretty cool person! I hope this is just the beginning of many more magical moments to come for you in your days ahead!
    Congrats again!

that's so cool, i always wanted to meet the cast!!! hopefully we'll get to see the pics soon
    If we chase the stars to lose our shadow, Peter Pan and Wendy turned out fine.

• DCA FTW!

Congrats on meeting the cast it must have been fun. Did you take a snap shot of the picture you drew? I'd really like to see it.
    Everybody's got a laughin' place-
    trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it.

• Senior Minion

Cool story. One of my coworkers is friends with a former Jasmine, who is either engaged or married to a former Aladdin in real life. Kinda funny.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney