Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up A Perfect day filled with magic at Disneyland

Well friends, I must say Labor day 2008 was one of the best Disneyland visits I have had, possibly of all time. It is in the top 5 for sure. I want to share it with you since I know I do my share of complaining about getting things wrong, but today was just fantastic and reinvigorated my love for the current park.

Made it to DL at around 2pm, there was no traffic on the 5 which was awesome in of itself. Driving around in LA with no traffic is amazing
    I pulled into mickey and freinds and was parked on the 4th level in a quiet corner, which was also awesome since I enjoy my quiet time walking from the car to the park without screaming and yelling reverberating in the chambers of Mickey and Friends parking structure.

Walked over to DL entrance gate (trying to exercise more) there was pretty much no line, another bonus Walked down Main street towards Space Mountain, there were still loads of fastpasses and only a 30 minute wait in standby! I made it on the ride in less then 30 minutes (standby line and had a blast!) It was nice a cold in the mountain which is exactly how I personally like it another bonus!

After space I walked onto Matterhorn had a great couple of rides.
    I then headed to Fantasy land and rode most of the darkrides which are truly some of the great treasures of the park IMHO. After fantasy land fun I headed over to HauntedMansion to get in as many rides of the "real" Haunted Mansion before it turns into holiday mansion. To my happiness and suprise there was not one person around me who was using a flash! That is rare and very much appreciated! During one of my rides there was a wift of what certainly smelled like someone smoking pot on the attraction though, security could not figure out who it was. I did not let it ruin my day though, I had a mission to stay positive and appreciate the good things.

I then had a wonderfull late lunch at French Market (I think thats the name of the cafe with the bandstand outside) had the Salmon and rice, it was fantastic and much much much cheaper then Blue Bayou which is where I generally like to eat although I think I am going to stick with French Market from now on since it was a larger portion and cheaper and tasted the same as the salmon dish I usually get at BB.
    After food I checked out TomSawyers Island, had a great time walking around the island enjoying the quiet and taking in the view of the river

After catching island fever I then headed over to DCA which was busier then DL but still not really busy Although Midway Mania was pretty packed and filled up all available que locations, I decided to pass of that ride and catch a fairly empty Screaming. Then over to the Tower for a few drops, did some hang gliding on Soaring CA and caught one of the last showings of Whoopies Movie,it was great!

DCA was now closing for the day so I headed back over to DL, had a few more HM rides and then when it was fire works time I rode MatterHorn 3 times which was a first for me (riding MH during fireWorks! that is) It was amazing watching the firework shells being fired and had a amazing view from the mountain!

After the fireworks I walked onto Pirates, there was no one taking flash photos and there were only about 6 people on the boat which was amazing and a very rare and special treat. I have learned now that I can only ride pirates towards the close of the park, since noone ever seems to be using flashes at that time since its almost empty. Only problem with that is, I sometimes fall asleep after the hours of walking and then just sitting in the slow boat of pirates! Guess I need some coffee first in that case Its worth it for the private boats and more considerate passengers though.

After Pirates I caught some of Fantasmic with the new projector and stuff, it looked the best I have ever seen it. The show really moved me tonight I was pretty much over it for many years but after tonight I really appreciated it again, it really is an amazing show, while I still dislike how it disrupts the river and surrounding area but it still is awesome as a show.

After Fantastic I headed over to Indy for last ride of the night, had a fantastic time and then walked back to the parking structure (did not have patience for the tram) made it back to the car saw that no one had dinged the sides of my doors (another big bonus! then headed home (again no traffic) . All in all it was just an incredible day, very light crowds, fantastic weather! Thanks DisneyLand! Thanks for listening friends!
    Last edited by CAspace; 09-02-2008 at 11:32 AM.

• Minion

Re: A Perfect day filled with magic at Disneyland

French Market

• Animation Domination

Glad you had a great time. A friend of mine told me the park wasn't crowded at all.

Quote Originally Posted by CAspace View Post
    There was someone smoking pot on the attraction though, that was messed up, security could not figure out who it was. But assides from that it was a great few rides of HM.
    Well, that's one way to get into a state of mind for HM! Not that's it's OK of course, because it certainly isn't.

Cool TR.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Glad you had a good time. Sounds like a perfect day!
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• Circle of Ancients

Sounds like an awesome day.

We used to go pretty much every Labor Day because the park is never busy for some reason.

Glad you had a great time.

• Silent Lucidity

Enjoyed your TR!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

What a great way to spend Labor Day.

• Banned User

I've heard that Cafe Orleans is supposed to have the menu that Blue Bayou used to have now that the BB is going fine dining. So, I'm not surprised that the meal you had there reminded you of the BB.

GREAT trip report. Sounds like fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Light Mouse View Post
    French Market
    Thanks for the correction! I cannot believe I forgot that

• We Want The Redhead

After the 6:30 parade, the place was almost empty. The only negative was Indiana Jones breaking down not once, but twice Monday, both times with me and my daughter waiting in line! It went down all three times we tried riding since Thursday.
    First Visit at the age of 12, July 17, 1968.
    First Ride, The Disneyland and Santa Fe Railroad.
    BRING BACK THE PEOPLE MOVER!

• Googly eyed

That sounds like an amazing day. Short standby's and walk-on is ideal! Glad you had fun
    STACIE and YODA-Dland partners for life

And, I , I close my eyes
    And, I kiss that frog
    Each time finding
    The more boys I meet the more I love my dog

Who'd'ya think you're kiddin'
    He's the Earth and heaven to you

Quote Originally Posted by ttrocc7007 View Post
    After the 6:30 parade, the place was almost empty. The only negative was Indiana Jones breaking down not once, but twice Monday, both times with me and my daughter waiting in line! It went down all three times we tried riding since Thursday.
    bummer about the breakdowns.
    They really should upgrade the rides computers and switch to macs.

just kidding just kidding Macs computers crash too. I use both so I can joke about it

•   
    • Damn Good Burger!

Thanks for sharing - Glad you had a great time.

Blog Entries

Nice Trip Report.. any Pictures?

Did You Know They Use Water To Make ICE!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast