Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Favorite thing to take a picture of...

other than the castle! For anyone that takes pictures at the Resort, what area's, attractions, characters etc. do you like to take pictures of or are very photogenic?

For me it's obviously Haunted Mansion, Nemo, Tower of Terror at night and Grizzly River Run plus anything that's in New Orleans Square.

Anybody else?
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• Banned User

Re: Favorite thing to take a picture of...

The Splash Mountain drop area. I stand on Tom Sawyer Island directly across from the exit of the drop and watch the logs come down and see how big their splashes are. It's perfect for pictures.

• formerly PretzelSouls!

I am probably one of the worst photographers, but, I really enjoy capturing pictures of things like fountains around the park.
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• Following the Second Star

I have the most fun taking picture of the Mad Hatter (I wonder why that's not surprising). Around the park I like taking pictures of main street and fantasyland.

Cammie Dog: 3/27/05-6/28/09 God took you way too soon Protect your dog from heat stroke. It attacks and kills quickly.

• Winter in Oceanside...

The flowers!

• =)

The stuff no one else photographs. And I mean no one. Stuff that's useful reference for my modeling project, especially when it includes rarely-seen backstage stuff. Some of my favorite catches include the Pirates of the Caribbean show building seen from the inside of the Indy queue, the small patch of ground between the HM pet cemetery and Splash Mountain, and the unthemed exterior of part of the Indy queue. Honorable mention goes to a flash photo of the first abominable snowman on the Tomorrowland side of the Matterhorn. You know, the one with the glowing red eyes? Yeah, he's a little less impressive with the lights on. I was so giddy when I got that shot.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

The topiary's and flowers.

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    The stuff no one else photographs. And I mean no one. Stuff that's useful reference for my modeling project, especially when it includes rarely-seen backstage stuff. Some of my favorite catches include the Pirates of the Caribbean show building seen from the inside of the Indy queue, the small patch of ground between the HM pet cemetery and Splash Mountain, and the unthemed exterior of part of the Indy queue. Honorable mention goes to a flash photo of the first abominable snowman on the Tomorrowland side of the Matterhorn. You know, the one with the glowing red eyes? Yeah, he's a little less impressive with the lights on. I was so giddy when I got that shot.
    Hey now, no one else?

Anything backstage, anything under construction. But on-stage? New Orleans Square, the DLRR and Adventureland - yeah, that narrows it down!

• MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Always watching...

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessY View Post
    The flowers!
    Me too! There's always such beautiful flowers everywhere

Another favorite spot to take pictures is of the Mark Twain at night from NOS, after it's been parked in it's spot. I love the reflections of the lights on it in the water and BTM in the background.

Also, another favorite spot is of Paradise Pier at night from the little ampitheater or the bridge.

Actually, I just love taking pictures of everywhere at night in Disneyland.

• Proud owner: 50th Tiki

My daughter next to the White Rabbit's front door by Alice. I take one every time we are there with the plan that one day, years from now, I'll put them all together in a slide show to show her how much she has grown over time.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Lately I have been taking various photos of my son while on Mad Tea Party - seeing him, the ridge of the cup and then the lanterns hanging is very cool....like three levels....

I like to take pictures of pretty much anything that has my son and I, my wife and my son or my son, wife and I in them.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

I just got a camera after many years of relying on my cell phone!

It's nothing spectacular but needless to say the quality is much better...

Anyway, my favorite thing to take a picture of would probably be the Gibson Girl.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

The Haunted Mansion portrait corridor, any shots of the Corridor of Doors and the Graveyard I can get, I have been trying to get a good shot of Harold in the Matterhorn...and other than that, mostly really obscure details like little sculptural things, window displays and the like.....
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

• =)

Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
    Hey now, no one else?
    No one else. Or at least, no one else has bothered to post the photos online. I take photos like these because I can't find similar shots anywhere on the web:

I'm not trying to say no one else takes shots of the same sorts of subject matter--you're living proof that there are other interested parties. I just mean that the vast majority of my shots exist because I can't find any photos of the same stuff. That extends to onstage, too--until I posted this shot, I'd never seen the onstage backside of the Indy entrance temple online before:

And don't get me wrong...I'm not trying to criticize anyone, either. I enjoy the challenge and intrigue of taking photos that, to my knowledge, exist nowhere else on the planet.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Taking pictures is fun, and I proabably take way too many of them with my camera. My son tells me I should concentrate on taking one great photo, rather than just snapping a lot of them. I tell him that I take a lot, and when I look at them when I get home, there are always some great shots that I got quite by accident. I guess we all have a different way to take pictures. Mostly, when I am on vacation, I want to take a lot of pictures, because when I get home, they are a big part of the memories that go to making my trips memorable. Also many of my pictures are taken with my scrapbooking in mind.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast