Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Banned User

Re: What makes Peter Pan's line so long?

Quote Originally Posted by Auroraflame View Post
    What can they do to speed it up: Omnimover ramps! But it'd take a lot of time and money....
    That's what they added in Florida. But then they went & slowed it down again with Fastpass.

• Mean Mermaid

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Manning View Post
    That's what they added in Florida. But then they went & slowed it down again with Fastpass.
    Fiends.

• "I Break Things"

3 thoughts...

• it flies- which makes it unique like Dumbo
    • low capacity- one row so any party larger then 3 is automatically 2 boats.
    • small design- small track means even less of those low capacity boats.

pretty much sums it up.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    it flies- which makes it unique like Dumbo
    Well, Dumbo ain't that unique. Seeing as Disney also has Magic Carpets of Aladdin, Triceratops Spin, & Astro Oribitor.

Instead of the Little Mermaid ride going into DCA, they should have had an Aladdin ride, like Peter Pan only with you flying on a magic carpet over a miniature Arabian city.

And why, you might ask, would that be more appropriate for DCA than Mermaid? Because Ocean Park/Pacific Ocean Park had a popular dark ride based on Aladdin, which was like Peter Pan, only with you flying on a magic carpet over a miniature Arabian city. So it would just be a Disneyfied version of an actual classic ride from California's historic amusement piers of the past, and then Peter Pan wouldn't be the only flying dark ride, so maybe the lines would get shorter.

• Animation Domination

Some people just don't want to grow up. That is why most people like Peter Pan's Flight.

• Cherry Tart

Quote Originally Posted by almandot View Post
    Theoretically the number of cars on the track should not matter, the only thing that matters is the frequency they arrive and leave the station.
    While the time of dispatching and unload plays a big part, the number of vehicles certainly matters just as much. I don't know how to explain the physics of it, I just know it's true. For example, we recently only had 10 vehicles at Toad, so the station hardly had any cars, which meant fewer people could load at any given time.

Toad is known for being the most chaotic and fast-paced ride in Fantasyland and a fellow CM told me he was actually bored at Toad while they only had 10 cars. When you have 12 it goes much faster, and it's amazing to see how much difference only 2 cars can make.

But I don't want to go among MAD people!

Quote Originally Posted by littlecricket View Post
    While the time of dispatching and unload plays a big part, the number of vehicles certainly matters just as much. I don't know how to explain the physics of it, I just know it's true. For example, we recently only had 10 vehicles at Toad, so the station hardly had any cars, which meant fewer people could load at any given time.

Toad is known for being the most chaotic and fast-paced ride in Fantasyland and a fellow CM told me he was actually bored at Toad while they only had 10 cars. When you have 12 it goes much faster, and it's amazing to see how much difference only 2 cars can make.
    Well, I guess you're a ride operator so you have hands on experience, but...

I can explain the math a little bit. The number of vehicles only matters if it affects load/unload time. So if the ride supports a max of 20 vehicles and you're at full capacity, you'll have a certain unload/load time per vehicle. If you magically double the size of the ride and run it at full capacity of 40 vehicles, you'll still have the same unload/load time per vehicle.

If you run the ride below capacity, the unload/load time is longer. So, you're right, it would now have lower capacity. (Unless, of course, you were able to run those vehicles around faster, but that's another story).

So the idea that Peter Pan's line is longer because it has a shorter track is just not true. That was what almandot and I were refuting.

• Shubisha

Quote Originally Posted by littlecricket View Post

Ya if a ride doesn't have enough vehicles that's definitely true. But I'm talking about as long as the moment a car is sent off into the ride there's another one ready to load, then the number of cars and length of the ride would be irrelevant. It's been my experience that this is usually the case for both toad and pan, and I've never gotten to the front and had to sit there at an empty station waiting for a car to get up to the loading position. There's always been at least one in the "on deck" circle so to speak, random circumstances such as a guest taking an abnormally long time to unload aside.

I'm not a ride operator for pan though so if it really is a normal occurrence that the next vehicle on pan isn't ready for guests to get on and they have to stand there while other guests unload and the pirate ship makes its little old way up to the loading station, then absolutely yes the number of vehicles is having a big impact on that ride's wait time.

/i think i saw you at the park for the first time last sunday, or at least noticed you
    Last edited by almandot; 09-04-2008 at 12:20 AM.

• The line's too long...

I hope they keep Pan a two-seater, it's more special being only two in the ship (and more romantic and cozy), and a four-seater would simply detract from the experience. It's a great ride that's probably worth the wait in most cases. Go late at night and you'll get to be the last ones on right before Mr. and Mrs. Fantasyland close the ride as the official last ones.

Peter Pan and Mr. Toad run the same number of vehicles. I forget if the intervals are the same or not, but they're faster than the others and very similar.

• Disney Pinapple Princess

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMousePal View Post
    Some people just don't want to grow up. That is why most people like Peter Pan's Flight.
    Thank you! I stagger the trips when I ride it, same for IASW. But It is one of the few rides I will wait 30 min for. The fact that the track is above and you are "flying" is the awsomest (yes thats what i said) thing ever!
    *** Disney Pinapple Princess *** Cove Bar Crew - DCA** HELL YEAH!!!***
    [IMG]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/iz6m4e8xunrnijrm.png[/IMG]
    Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    Disney Dorks of the world unite!

• Planning my next trip

Quote Originally Posted by MrLiver View Post
    There is no story to pan.You fly in the boat over London, you fly in the boat to neverland, you see pan fight hook and then you fly home. If this ride had been built today it would be has hated as Winnie the Pooh.
    I disagree. There is nothing in Pooh that comes close to the London and Neverland flyovers.

• Off to Neverland

well...
    1. it's Peter Pan!
    2. it's Peter Pan!
    3. it's the least scariest "kiddy" ride
    4. IT'S PETER PAN!!!!

• U. B. Bold

What makes the line so long?
    Simple. There are too many people in it.
    Please visit my Big Thunder/Disney Inspired Model Railroad

Dream big. Do what you love.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast