Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

What makes Peter Pan's line so long?

Peter Pan always has one of the longest lines in the park. But why? Aside from it's popularity (which it somewhat is) I don't think it's the biggest problem it faces. Al pointed out one time that they were thinking of adding another row to the boats. I think this is because of how low of a ride capacity it has. It's the shortest Fantasyland dark ride meaning less cars on the track and it only has one row.

Mr. Toad's also has a pretty long line, not as long as Pan's but I think it's because the ride is longer making it have more cars on the track at one time. What do you think?
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Re: What makes Peter Pan's line so long?

It probably loads very similar to Toad, normally 2 people per car/boat. There is always more people in the Peter Pan line and I think it's a more universally loved story. Toad is a great ride but the story isn't as widely known. Pinocchio & Snow White are great stories but the ride falls a little flat. I think that the only dark fantasyland ride that is a well know story and a superior ride is Alice. And frankly, Alice has lines that rival Peter Pan as well.

• Shubisha

I don't see the mystery.. It's extremely popular so has the most people coming to it in fantasyland aside from possibly Alice in Wonderland but probably the most. Theoretically the number of cars on the track should not matter, the only thing that matters is the frequency they arrive and leave the station. So pretend Toad has twice the number of cars as Pan, it doesn't really matter for ride capacity if a car is unloaded, loaded, and sent off into the ride again every 20 seconds for both of them. If you want to make comparisons between rides try counting the number of people that pass a certain point in the line over a period of 20 minutes for Pan, Alice, and Toad. Alice does have the extra row and the line is only at about 30 minutes compared to Pan's 45ish taking this past labor day weekend as an example.

• Resident Daydreamer

I think the long lines are attributed to both ride capacity and overall popularity. Pan is a popular attraction and when you think about it, it provides a pretty unique ride experience, not only within Fantasyland, but the rest of Disneyland as well.
    Your Life is an occasion, so rise up to it.

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

Guests.

• no flash photography...

low capacity and high demand....

• Ultimate Margarita Time!

Yes on the high demand, it is one of the best rides in Fantasyland for me anyways...

• Still lost in Neverland

It's a trip to Neverland!!! For goodness sakes people, it's a TRIP TO NEVERLAND! And the boat flies!

But the seating is low and the capacity is low and the ride value is High.

I understand the extra row rehab has been pushed back because of budget money being spend on other "more needed" stuff.

I was at the Park one day when by 10am the line for Peter Pan stretched out of the ride, through the normal switchback outside the ride, then continued out the side walkway of the Castle, past the Wishing Well and all the way over to The Matterhorn. That was a day when all the ride line were just insane.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Even though Mr. Toad's sits two people aswell, the cars move alot quicker then the Peter Pan boats which means that loading is a little quicker then Peter Pan aswell.

I don't know... Lack of sleep is getting to me.

• The one, the only...

Peter Pan's Flight was one of Walt inspired designs. He wanted guests to experience what it was like to fly. It has always been popular. Mr. Toad is also popular, but Peter's Flight is a unique experience. Even if it had twice the ride capacity it still probably would have just as long as wait, as more could and would want to ride it again and again.

It is too bad that in the 1980's remake of Fantasyland there could have been some money to increase capacity for this beloved ride. It really needs it.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• We set sail for the sky

I wish there was some way to make the actual ride last longer. The line is always so long and then when you finally board the ship it is over so quickly. It's a shame because it really is such a transporting experience, albeit one that is cut too short.

• Showus your Larboard side

When I was a wild and crazy teenager and Disneyland was a place to hunt for girls the Peter Pan ride was one I never missed because I loved "flying" over London and seeing all the sparkling lights and imagining the whole idea of Peter and flying. I still love that ride but don't ride it as much because of the lines.

Mike
    Escaping Lakeside for Disneyland on Sept 7th.

• Mrs. J. Depp

I think everyone just wants to fly over London, that's why I like riding it.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• Mean Mermaid

It's a very unique experience. It's not often when the most interesting part of the ride is below you instead of at eye-level. That creates the crowds. I think it would help if they added the omnimover system moving ramps to it like they did at WDW. But even then, it's still a fastpass ride there...

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Like many have said, it's a unique attraction that is just dazzling... i mean.. you can FLY! With the Skyway gone, there isn't a single attraction at the resort that comes close to giving you that sense of fantasy. It may be short, but it really is inspiring.

An added row would most certainly help and I hope they do just that.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast