Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: The Unique and Interesting APers

unique O *Ding* (yeah)
    interesting O *Ding* (maybe)
    or strange O *Ding* (definitely)
    Passholders O *Ding*
    that visit the parks on the daily basis. X *Bzzzzzt* (just every couple months)
    Guess not.
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaWolf38
    Yea, I've heard of this one guy.... his name's Dan. Idk who he is, but I hear he has a stuffed Stitch doll as a companion... and he sometimes hangs out with one or two white guys... he seems weird. They all do. :oD
    I've heard of him! On the internet...sometimes mentioned on this site called "Mouse Chat"? Or something like that. Lots of pictures. This person I certainly wouldn't mind actually seeing in the parks, being a Stitch fan and all.
    Quote Originally Posted by techskip
    Then I heard this story of this one AP who was a horrible nitpicker and noticed a fish that wasn't up to his cleanliness standards. That minuscule detail completely ruined his entire trip and he left completely convinced that it was proof of lowered Disneyland standards that Walt himself would never accept. In the end it was a complete mistake and he was informed that it was a brown fish that had accidentally been splattered with white paint.
    Next time you see him, you should invite him to this site. He'd fit right in.

• Cherry Tart

Quote Originally Posted by vfire View Post
    The woman who rides Pan every night as the last person is always accompanied by a very tall and thin man with glasses. So she is also there in the morning as the first to ride as well? I never do DL in the morning so I never knew that. It would be amazing that she came twice a day to ride Pan. I've seen her and the guy entering the parks a half hour before closing to get to Pan and sometimes a couple of other Fantasyland rides before it. It's eccentric but in a cool way. I joke with my wife that one day we'll be like that on some ride, and the wife gives me that look...
    Actually no, you're getting them mixed up. The red-haired woman comes in to ride Peter Pan several times a week, and also during the fireworks show she screams at everyone to turn around and "look at the matterhorn" when Tinkerbell flies down. Kind of annoying actually.

The other couple are the Andersons, the tall man with glasses and his wife. They come in the evenings to go on Fantasyland rides as well. I used to like them until they thought they knew so much they could evac themselves off of the rides when they broke down.

The Andersons and the red-haired woman have actually gotten into fights about who was going to be the last to ride Peter Pan for the night. When the leads were called it got kind of ridiculous. It's only a ride people.

But I don't want to go among MAD people!

Quote Originally Posted by ISeeTheMatterhorn! View Post
    They are neither weird nor strange, but there is almost always the same group of APers who show up at Carnation Plaza on swing band nights. Specifically, one delightful older fellow (in probably his 70s or 80s) who comes without a partner. If no one is dancing with him, he will stand near the disco ball and begin dancing with himself. He is so much fun to watch!!!!I
    OMG I love this guy!! I have seen him wander over to Tomorrowland Terrace occasionally too...he just loves to dance!

• The Tomorrowland One

Quote Originally Posted by littlecricket View Post
    The Andersons and the red-haired woman have actually gotten into fights about who was going to be the last to ride Peter Pan for the night. When the leads were called it got kind of ridiculous. It's only a ride people.
    Oh, if I was the lead in that situation, I would so just be like "Sorry folks, it is after park closing now and the attraction is closed for the night." and then they both are not the last people on the attraction.

And "Peter Pan Lady" is what I've always herd her referred to as. It's almost comical to watch her at the parades. She sits right where the first float stops and gets this big ole grin when Peter climbs down. Its funny to watch Tinks reaction to that as well... Ah, parades are fun...

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by RetroMousie View Post
    However, there might be a crystal bowl there.
    stupid typo... sorry about that... yeah bowl...

Quote Originally Posted by HighLeveller View Post
    Next time you see him, you should invite him to this site. He'd fit right in.
    haven't seen him around in a while.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Dan - Tasmic! View Post
    Yeah, I heard of him, too. He is such a weirdo. He gives me the creeps.
    he creeps us all out just not you

Quote Originally Posted by MonstersGoBoo! View Post
    There is this girl who seems to end up in pink pants almost everytime she goes to the parks and often has a boy with a Pacman jacket and shaggy long hair with her.

Wonder who that can be ?
    pink pants. all the time?? I think she needs a change now

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post

Then I heard this story of this one AP who was a horrible nitpicker and noticed a fish that wasn't up to his cleanliness standards. That minuscule detail completely ruined his entire trip and he left completely convinced that it was proof of lowered Disneyland standards that Walt himself would never accept. In the end it was a complete mistake and he was informed that it was a brown fish that had accidentally been splattered with white paint.
    hows the fish, are they clean now?? if you see this guy tell him I am happy he looks after the park and knows what needs to be done !!

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

Since the 'Annual Pass' has become synonymous with shocking abnormality, I'd say you all are fairly unique.

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post
    I'd say you all are fairly unique.
    Disney Dorks of the world unite!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hakuna Makarla View Post
    hows the fish, are they clean now??
    No clue, haven't been back in the area. I had considered doing a weekly report with pictures just to ensure that I earned the nitpicking title... Also I see it as a scientific oportunity to see how algae grows in a time lapse photograph. But then it was explained that the fish were supposed to be brown, and that they accidentally spilled white paint on one
    Last edited by techskip; 09-04-2008 at 10:44 AM.

• Shubisha

There's one that always watches the parade and lifts his baseball cap to the performers.

• "I Break Things"

I used to know several that frequented Jungle and would request specific Skippers. Most knew a lot of the jokes, some could be annoying, just depended.

• cmcmcmcmcmcmcmcmcm

I used to like them until they thought they knew so much they could evac themselves off of the rides when they broke down.
    Not ok. It bothers me enough when people jump out of cars when they're in the station, let alone EVACING themselves.

I'm trying to get to know the regulars at Classics, which I suppose includes the penguin lady. Isn't she a CM now?

"I'm not funny. What I am is brave." - Lucille Ball

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by ashley solo View Post
    Not ok. It bothers me enough when people jump out of cars when they're in the station, let alone EVACING themselves.
    Thankfully I never had to deal with that. However there were individuals who thought they know all the jokes on Jungle... keyword thought... yeah that was fun!

• A Weather Eye Open

i don't know of anyone specifically (and i've never seen a regular like this) but i've been told here on MC as well as by CMs who go to my school that there are some regulars who walk around and act like CMs. they show up everyday and boss other park guests around and such. i think someone mentioned one in a thread about the Andersons when we were talking about a guy with a clipboard, because i've heard a clipboard guy mentioned in the past, but i'm not entirely sure he's one of the bossy ones. i've never encountered a guest like this, and i hope i never will!
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

• Cherry Tart

Quote Originally Posted by ashley solo View Post
    I'm trying to get to know the regulars at Classics, which I suppose includes the penguin lady. Isn't she a CM now?
    Yah, she was recently hired in Main Street stores. And then she was suspended for a time because it was said she was stealing Peter Pan merchandise. She isn't really welcome among Fantasyland CMs.

Frankly, I don't really consider her a CM because she doesn't value the magic really. She boasts about her knowledge to anyone who will listen, which includes giving out names of some of the characters (she even shouts them outloud during the parade). She probably just considers her Disney ID as a free annual pass.

But I don't want to go among MAD people!

• Far too curious

She boasts about her knowledge to anyone who will listen, which includes giving out names of some of the characters (she even shouts them outloud during the parade). She probably just considers her Disney ID as a free annual pass.
    That is just horrible. I know a couple of character's names, but I wouldn't go around telling people "Oh, their real name is -blank-" or freaking yell it out TO the character while they're working. You'd think someone would get in trouble for that sort of thing, especially if they're a CM and should know that that's not acceptable.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast