Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Re: Can't belive people get away with this

It's really skeptical to hear that the nurse told them Disney would foot the bill first. I highly doubt they would say that.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• Missing an Angel

We were at DCA one time (during the ABC Preview weekend) and we were walking by PP while the cast of The Drew Carrey (sp?) Show was doing a Q&A session. She was eating a veggie bowl while walking and checking out what was going on with the Q&A when all of a sudden she fell. I'm not going to go into detail as to why she fell, but it was Disneys fault, no doubt about it. In the end, my wife called Disney about the situation. The lady that took care of her claim thanked my wife for not calling up screaming about a lawsuit. They took care of my wifes medical bills and treated us to a nice dinner at Steakhouse 55.

I think somehow this was some sort of a scam and Disney wasn't falling for it.

• Winter in Oceanside...

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    Sounds to me like he tripped and fell and wanted Disney to pay for the resulting medical costs...that doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. Am I missing something? Goodness, I love that modern way of thinking...
    Yeah.... what Data said.

Quote Originally Posted by Scurvy Pirate View Post
    She was eating a veggie bowl while walking and checking out what was going on with the Q&A when all of a sudden she fell. I'm not going to go into detail as to why she fell, but it was Disneys fault, no doubt about it.
    Hmm, I'd kind of like to hear the details. Eating, walking and looking the other way when she fell? And it was Disney's fault?

I believe you but I'm curious about the details now.

• Tom Chaney R.I. P.

Quote Originally Posted by hollywood1939 View Post
    It's really skeptical to hear that the nurse told them Disney would foot the bill first. I highly doubt they would say that.
    How do you come to that conclusion that the nurse would say that. Were you there?

I just love the attitude of many disney lovers. The way many around here talks you think that Disney walks on water, and raises the dead!
    THIS SPACE FOR SALE OR LEASE

PRESIDENT OF THE DISNEYLAND LOOP LOVERS ASSOCIATION

Quote Originally Posted by tahoebob54 View Post
    How do you come to that conclusion that the nurse would say that. Were you there?

I just love the attitude of many disney lovers. The way many around here talks you think that Disney walks on water, and raises the dead!
    So you didn't read the article?

• Special Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
    So you didn't read the article?
    Simply saying that the nurse said something and it actually being true are two separate things.

I haven't read the whole article yet, but the nurse would be in the wrong if she actually said that. A complete violation of policy. Seeing as how they are generally pretty smart people and get trained to handle such situations, I very seriously doubt that any claim was ever made by the nurse.

The nurse that she conveniently forgot the name of.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLiver View Post
    Simply saying that the nurse said something and it actually being true are two separate things.

I haven't read the whole article yet, but the nurse would be in the wrong if she actually said that. A complete violation of policy. Seeing as how they are generally pretty smart people and get trained to handle such situations, I very seriously doubt that any claim was ever made by the nurse.

Oh, I agree. It seems fishy that a nurse would be acting as a Disneyland official. I was commenting on tahoebob's post about the nurse. Funny since the post he quoted considered the whole nurse thing to be doubtful.

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by MrLiver View Post

yes, she forgot the nurses name because she was distraught....I'm sure her distraught state of mind may have made her forget other details and add her own in. Of course this are just my thoughts.

• E T1CK3T

I suffered chest pains and not being able to breathe there a week ago, so that they had to call an ambulance to take me to the hospital from DCA... does that mean that I should make them pay for my medical bills? NOOOOOOOOO!

I think that's nonsense. They're trying to milk Disney of its money. IMO.

• no flash photography...

I was evaced from splash...I can't do stairs without pain in my right knee. (I had a stair pass when i got on the ride) My knee was messed up for two weeks after going down all those stairs. I did not sue disney or make them pay my medical bills. I did tell the CM I could not do stairs and eh just said "sorry" and away we went down the stairs.

I guess technically I did manage to get down the stairs...i just really strained my knee. I spent the rest of that day basically sitting.

•   
    • Senior Minion

It all seems to stem from this supposed 'Nurse' telling them that Disney would take care of it. I'm sure in the heat of the moment the Nurse said no such thing to these people, maybe she said something along the lines that Disney should be contacted to DECIDE wether they would take care of the bills. Regardless the Nurse shouldn't have said a thing in regards to compensation whatsoever, and I'm sure (or at least hope) that it is a policy to not say such things.

As for still pursuing Disney to pay the medical expenses, even though I don't agree that they should have thrown this on Disney, then again the incident occured in September and they just told the collectors that Disney would take care of it with no proof or written consent that such an agreement was in effect. After all that they waited until February to contact someone at Guest Relations to find out what was going on? That's quite a while to wait when they keep getting calls and can plainly see that nothing was being done.

In the end I think Disney decided to pay the medical expenses, because even though it does look to me that they didn't have to they did drop the ball on notifying these people that Disney wasn't liable. Even worse is that the Disney Rep acknowledged it, and they would have had a lawsuit on their hands - paying off the medical expenses is much cheaper in the end.

• Animation Domination

It seems like the kid just fell and the parents are trying to take over the situation.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

"While waiting for the ambulance, he and I had a conversation with a very kind Disney nurse. We discussed the process of how Disney would handle this incident, and she said not to worry, that we should give the hospital Danielís health insurance information and Disney would reimburse the insurance company (United Health Care)."

I work in the healthcare insurance industry, and a nurse who is rendering treatment should NEVER tell a patient how their insurance company is going to pay a claim. Even if the proper authorizations are made, and everything is in network, a nurse or any other person rendering treatment should never volunteer this information. Instead, the patient should be referred directly to their insurance carrier, or to the entity who does the billing for the provider for assistance, or to both.

This whole scenario seems very fishy to me. If I was told that Disney would reimburse the insurance company, you would bet I would have had a ton of questions. How is Disney going to reimburse the insurance company? What department at Disney should the insurance company contact for reimbursement? Is there a phone or address for this department? Does the hopsital and other caregivers need to know that Disney is going to be a third party in this case? etc...

Either this part of the story isn't true, or we are dealing with a very stupid nurse who shouldn't be volunteering this type of information. If she said anything, it should have been, "Disney might work with your insurance company in this instance." But even that is saying too much. She shouldn't have told them anything, let alone that Disney would reimburse their insurance company.

• Faith Trust & Pixie Dust!

Yeah, or maybe that is what she said, but in the heat of the moment the lady heard "they will take care of it". I agree that if Disney said they would take care of something I would have tons of questions. And I would make sure and get it in writing before fully believing it.

I also take offense to being refered to as someone who thinks Disney can walk on water and raise the dead. That is not what I think and I don't think everyone here thinks that either. I admit that Disney has done some things that were wrong and will continue to do things that are wrong. What I am saying is that when Disney knows they are at fault for something they take care of their actions. And like anyone else, if you aren't at fault you are going to fight to prove you aren't. *I hope that makes sense* I just really feel that what these people are doing is wrong and it's because of people like them that the rest of us have to cover ourselves. I really wish we could go back to the time when saying "Sorry" was enough and people weren't out to take you for all you are worth.
    I miss Disney World...
    Check out my Disney Cruise Trip Report...lots of photos being added: http://micechat.com/forums/disney-cr...ey-wonder.html

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-14-2008, 12:50 AM