Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• :)

Re: Can't belive people get away with this

If you fall it's your fault, unless a Cast Member pushed him, or there was some type of obstruction....This is ridiculous.

If you've read "Mouse Tales" you know Disneyland has a history of being slow to react to medical emergencies and seem more concerned with their image than the well-being of "guests" with life-threatening emergencies. Yet one hardly can expect Disney to pay because you slipped or tripped, but with a good lawyer? Who knows? Or should I say a bad lawyer? There is a gray area here.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Quote Originally Posted by tahoebob54 View Post
    How do you come to that conclusion that the nurse would say that. Were you there?

I just love the attitude of many disney lovers. The way many around here talks you think that Disney walks on water, and raises the dead!
    Bob, what I meant was I doubt the nurse would actually say that because if everyone had to go to the hospital with an injury, nurses at Disneyland would tell EVERY guest Disney would foot the bill.

I also say that because it's not the nurses job to say something like that and could probably get in a lot of trouble for doing so.

I was in First Aid one day when I was having problems with my anxiety and asked to lay down. When I was there a teenager had fallen and had a slight concussion. The nurse was helping him as well as telling his friends that he was to go to the hospital. Not once did the nurse mention that Disney would take care of the bills. Heck, even if it was the parks fault I'm sure the nurses won't, and can't, say that to a guest. It would cost the company a ton of money.

And I don't think Disney is God, I just don't think this story is straight. For all the bumps and bruises that I got there, I would never have faulted Disney for it because it's my fault putting myself in the position to get those bumps and bruises. Other accidents and Disneyland have been their fault and they admit it.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• Hopper's Mortal Enemy

Cool Re: Can't belive people get away with this

"Daniel went to get back on and in the process fell and hit his head on the ground,"

Just for clarity, this could mean that he just fell while walking, but "in the process" is kind of vague, so it could mean he slipped out of the seat or something else.

I won't make any statement about who is in the right here because I don't think it's proper to make statements like that without having all the facts.

A bientot.
    Remember
    What the dormouse said
    Feed your head!

You've read it; you can't unread it!

• Tom Chaney R.I. P.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
    So you didn't read the article?
    All I was talking about is if the nurse told this person that Disney would pay, I was questioning the statement that "douted the nurse said DL would pay.

Most people here are so quick to think that Disney has no blame on this insident, I don't know what happened, and niether does anyone on this board. we just don't know all the facts, but most people here have already judged this and found Disney not guilty.
    THIS SPACE FOR SALE OR LEASE

PRESIDENT OF THE DISNEYLAND LOOP LOVERS ASSOCIATION

• no flash photography...

Most people here are so quick to think that Disney has no blame on this insident, I don't know what happened, and niether does anyone on this board. we just don't know all the facts, but most people here have already judged this and found Disney not guilty.
    well of course. innocent until proven guilty.....disney has not been proven guilty in this matter either and the vague letter does not really support the claimant either.

• Tom Chaney R.I. P.

Quote Originally Posted by hollywood1939 View Post

I also say that because it's not the nurses job to say something like that
    I am sure that it is not her job to say something like that, but what has "not my job" ever stopped anyone from telling someone what they want to hear!

• Triple Goddess

This whole thread makes me think about the woman who sued McDonald's because her coffee was HOT. We live in a very litigious nation. People sue over a myriad of ridiculous reasons. That is why we have a judicial system. JK. It's just funny to me. Obviously, we don't know the truth of what happened in this particular situation, as we only have one side. But, I tend to remain cynical over the claims made. Even if the nurse said that to her, it wouldn't matter. Nothing was given to her in writing by any person who had the authority to do so. My father always taught me: Get it in writing. I am sure that there was paperwork involved and only that would get her into a courtroom.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Disney could have been totally at fault in this case. But that still doesn't mean the nurse should have told the guest that Disney will pay.

It doesn't matter -- Disney or not -- no caregiver should discuss financial burden to a patient in this kind of a situatuion.

• Tom Chaney R.I. P.

Quote Originally Posted by coopercaseycody View Post
    This whole thread makes me think about the woman who sued McDonald's because her coffee was HOT.
    This is what I am talking about, it is clear you do not know all the facts. Did you know that McDonalds was warned many time that they were serving coffee that was served about 100 degrees over industry norm. any please tell me why some old lady should end up with 3rd degree burns from spilled coffee.
    And just for the record the lady was found about 20 per cent libel for the coffee spill.

Judging with out all the facts is a very dangerous thing to do.

• Triple Goddess

and yet, here is this thread...

• Triple Goddess

This is what I am talking about, it is clear you do not know all the facts. Did you know that McDonalds was warned many time that they were serving coffee that was served about 100 degrees over industry norm. any please tell me why some old lady should end up with 3rd degree burns from spilled coffee.
    And just for the record the lady was found about 20 per cent libel for the coffee spill.

Judging with out all the facts is a very dangerous thing to do.
    I think you misunderstand me. I DID NOT make a judgement. I simply said that this reminds me of that. Of course, we don't have all the facts. I also stated that. But here we are trying to make sense of this whole thing when we don't have all the facts.

• Faith Trust & Pixie Dust!

I agree that most people nowadays are sue happy. Something bad happens and rather than take responsibility for your own actions people look for someone else to blame. We all have done this, just in different degrees. But I still think that this whole thing sounds fishy to me.
    I miss Disney World...
    Check out my Disney Cruise Trip Report...lots of photos being added: http://micechat.com/forums/disney-cr...ey-wonder.html

• Mischievous Mouse

What if he fell on the sidewalk out on Harbor Blvd. Would he expect the city to pay? Or sue the city?

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

• ..but you can call me Pam

When I worked at a grocery store as a clerk I was told (as everybody hired was) to help the person get the help they needed and not even say "sorry" let alone tell them that their bills would be paid for by the company. I think that a nurse at DL, because he/she was hired to respond to these events specifically, would almost certainly have been trained to not ever give out this kind of statement. Fishy? Yes.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-14-2008, 12:50 AM