Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Go Seahawks!

Can't belive people get away with this

Now first of all they don't explain how or what caused the accident. If we had that info then we would be able to know if Disney was at fault.

just wondering what people here feeling are about something like this.

Accident?

• =)

Re: Can't belive people get away with this

Sounds to me like he tripped and fell and wanted Disney to pay for the resulting medical costs...that doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. Am I missing something? Goodness, I love that modern way of thinking...

What I find even more deplorable is the reference to Disney's "California Adventure ride", not to mention the photo of and written reference to Cinderella Castle. Wrong resort...and it wouldn't even be the right park if they'd said Sleeping Beauty Castle, anyway.

• cmcmcmcmcmcmcmcmcm

If I was a clutz and tripped at Disneyland, I wouldn't expect Disney to pay my bills. I fell, Disney didn't trip me.

"I'm not funny. What I am is brave." - Lucille Ball

• no flash photography...

it is true though. you get an emial high enough up in the corporation and you will most likely see results.

I think this situation is ridiculous. he tripped and scratched his head, managing to rack up medical bills that high when he has insurance. I think it's a scam.

While I have never worked at Disneyland, I have worked in customer service and I know how often guests will say "Well this employee told me this" and when you ask who told them that they can never remember the name.
    While I do not think that someone deserves compensation for tripping, I do think that it must be hard for Disneyland or any company for that matter that has so many employees that work different days and times and in so many different situations. The nameless nurse should not have guaranteed how the situation would work out if she would not be the one following through on this case, it just gave the guest ammo to attack the person who did have to follow through with them.
    That being said, there are two sides to every story. It seems like Disney definitely could have handled this better but I think with all of the different and unique situations that they must come across everyday, they do the best that they can.
    A little bit about me...
    First Disneyland Trip: Oct. 1989
    Mandatory first ride: POTC
    Mandatory food: Clam chowder in bread bowl & a churro (not at the same time though)
    Next trip goals:
    1) Ride the Casey Jr. Circus Train. I didn't get around to it on this past trip.
    2) Get over to TSI.
    3) Try a jalapeño/cheese pretzel. Yummy!

• formerly PretzelSouls!

I would tell him to be more careful and stop trying to get money...it may not be true....
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• First Time Disneylander

I hate how these complaints surface on the internet every now and then. I really hope Disney doesnt do anything for these people. I hate how people try to sue over everything.
    Walt Disney World - August 2010!

• Shubisha

The injury should never have warranted Disney paying the bill in my opinion but if they were told Disney would handle the bill then disney has to back that up. I don't mean like some random CM told them in passing "oh yeah i'm sure disney will pay it for you" I mean some sort of confirmation. If they didn't get that then their claims are still as ridiculous as they sound in the opening paragraph.

• Lookingglassland Resident

unless i missed something, she didn't say what caused him to fall. maybe he's just clumsy. unless there was some disney-related obstacle in his way, i can't see why this would be disney's fault. i would have doubts about the nurse making any promises and whether or not she is in a position to do so. in any event, to me it sounds as though these people are taking advantage.

• Faith Trust & Pixie Dust!

I feel bad that the guy tripped, but sounds like they are trying to get money. I understand Disney paying for things when it's their fault (i.e. when attractions injure guests, or something out of Disney's control happens) but if you fall and hurt yourself...thats how it goes. I have been there many times and have stepped wrong off the curbs on Main Street and almost fallen, and have stepped wrong in the tracks for the Horse Carriage, but I'm not about to tell Disney they need to get rid of them because I could have fallen and hurt myself. Heck, I could do that leaving my house. I think people just hear the name Disney and want to take it for all it's worth. It really does bother me that people treat the parks this way.
    I miss Disney World...
    Check out my Disney Cruise Trip Report...lots of photos being added: http://micechat.com/forums/disney-cr...ey-wonder.html

• Old Timer

the first aid station keeps logs of everyone the see. i wonder what that record says.

• Oregon Disney fan

Whatever happened being responsible for our own actions. You fall, your fault, deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    Sounds to me like he tripped and fell and wanted Disney to pay for the resulting medical costs...that doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. Am I missing something? Goodness, I love that modern way of thinking...

What I find even more deplorable is the reference to Disney's "California Adventure ride", not to mention the photo of and written reference to Cinderella Castle. Wrong resort...and it wouldn't even be the right park if they'd said Sleeping Beauty Castle, anyway.
    You haven't been on the "California Adventure ride" (aka The Pavement)? It's the first ride I go on right after I enter the front gates, which usually has a pretty short queue line. Anyway, I raise my hands, start yelling and run as fast as I can to feel the wind in my face. My favorite parts are the big drop over by the Screamin' queue line and the splashdown over in front of the Soarin' queue line, where you get all wet! And all those people they put out for the obstacle course section... way too much fun!!

On a side note, does anyone know when the Cinderella Castle Walkthru is due to open?

Oh and I want to know why a Nurse is giving them all this stuff.

• Faith Trust & Pixie Dust!

Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
    You haven't been on the "California Adventure ride" (aka The Pavement)? It's the first ride I go on right after I enter the front gates, which usually has a pretty short queue line. Anyway, I raise my hands, start yelling and run as fast as I can to feel the wind in my face. My favorite parts are the big drop over by the Screamin' queue line and the splashdown over in front of the Soarin' queue line, where you get all wet! And all those people they put out for the obstacle course section... way too much fun!!

On a side note, does anyone know when the Cinderella Castle Walkthru is due to open?

Oh and I want to know why a Nurse is giving them all this stuff.

That is one of my favorites too! Did you know, they have the same one over at Disneyland? It's crazy! No waiting in either park. I enjoy the part where you watch everyone get off GRR and see how soaked they are. That is always fun. Disneyland has it's good parts too.
    I miss Disney World...
    Check out my Disney Cruise Trip Report...lots of photos being added: http://micechat.com/forums/disney-cr...ey-wonder.html

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Just curious if he did trip over something. I know alot of people aren't really keen with their reflexes, but did he just fall like an ironing board or did he hit his head on the way down? There's nothing in the way to make you trip and fall except for yourself. I do think it is another scam to get more money. I do feel bad for the guy and I hope that he's doing fine and didn't get any type of brain damage from this accident.

I'm not sure though, I'll let you all decide.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-14-2008, 12:50 AM