Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

haunted mansion question

Dose anyone remember back in the day when you were in the elevator and the voice said somthing about there being no windows and no doors and the lights when out and then then the voice says to find a way out and everyone started pounding on the walls..... Now they tell you to stay away from the walls..... Does anyone know why they don't do this anymore?

Re: haunted mansion question

Quote Originally Posted by PeopleMover Eric View Post
    Dose anyone remember back in the day when you were in the elevator and the voice said somthing about there being no windows and no doors and the lights when out and then then the voice says to find a way out and everyone started pounding on the walls..... Now they tell you to stay away from the walls..... Does anyone know why they don't do this anymore?
    "This chamber has no windows and no doors. Which offers you this chilling challenge. To find a way out! Of course there's always my way."

They don't have that anymore? Since when?

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

I don't ever recall that Eric. If anyone knows it will be a Mice Chatter. Welcome to MiceChat!

well no one pounds on the walls anymore... That was my question

Quote Originally Posted by PeopleMover Eric View Post
    well Boone pounds on the walls anymore... That was my question
    Boone??

Oh, haha, no one! That makes sense. I was like, so how does this relate to Lost. Was Shannon there too? Dang, I was confused!

But anyway, there was pounding on the walls? I don't remember that at all. Are you sure it wasn't just the guests playing around?

• Animation Domination

I don't remember the walls getting pound.

• Shubisha

well here's my first question... do you remember this distinctly or is it based off a memory from a childhood experience in the ride?

• =)

I've never heard of this happening--and I've certainly never experienced it myself--but regardless of whether or not it did, I can tell you why it doesn't happen. Think about the effect of thousands of dirty fists every hour banging on the same walls for decades on end. And consider this dismaying observation...those walls happen to be the walls of an elevator, which makes things even more risky.

• Disney Geek

I have never heard the walls pounded on.

• Senior Monorail Minion

I think you may be confusing it with the thump at the end when the body body falls. I do remember the thud sounding differently, so you may be remembering that.
    WELCOME ABOARD
    THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

• Mean Mermaid

Banging on the walls sounds super dangerous... Did you think that the banging was an effect or were those just people who were on the ride with you? If it was the people... Disneyland is a pretty safe place, but I wouldn't suggest trying your luck, seriously. o.o

• A Weather Eye Open

i've never heard of this! maybe you were with a large group who had some sort of tradition to do this, and it was a unique experience with them. (for instance, i know a family who does indian war-whoops, 50's non pc style, everytime they go in a tunnel on big thunder, but i've never heard anyone besides them do it.)
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

• =)

Quote Originally Posted by Eric5675 View Post
    I do remember the thud sounding differently, so you may be remembering that.
    I dunno, I'm kinda doubting they changed it. (The DL version, I mean. WDW now has a different one.) If you listen to the official recordings on the CDs, the thud sounds like an old sound effect, and it sounds like the one currently used at DL's Haunted Mansion...so I'm guessing that hasn't been changed, though I could certainly be mistaken.

• Closed Account

I remember someone crushed a small stink bomb gag thing right when the lights went out once and boy did that room REEEK! wow..lol everyone even the CM was laughing their heads off..harmless humor but imagine if someone was allergic or panicked? jeez..

• Welcome Foolish Mortals

uh its REAL simple folks, if you dont ask people to stay in the center of the room some idiots going to lean against a wall in the dark and when that wall happens to be the hidden sliding door that opens they might just fall right through the opening and maybe get trampled.....in the past when the lights went out and you heard the scream and thud they used to KEEP it dark and the sliding door panel would open an you would see the light coming in from the hallway gallery and then follow that direction, but NOW they turn the lights back after the thud when the doors slide open (which I personally think totally ruins the cool effect of the panel opening in the dark to reveal the new room) so I guess they figure now that the lights are on someone is less likely to fall back thru the doors as they open if they happen to next to or leaning against that particular wall.

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

"Whenever I go on a ride, I'm always thinking of what's wrong with the thing and how it can be improved."
    — Walt Disney

"I wanted to retain my individuality. I knew if someone else got control, I would be restrained." —Walt Disney

"The fun is in always building something. You see, we never do the same thing twice around here. We're always opening up new doors." —Walt Disney

"I've always been bored with just making money. I've wanted to do things; I wanted to build things, to get something going..." —Walt Disney

"I can never stand still. I must explore and experiment. I am never satisfied with my work. I resent the limitations of my own imagination." —Walt Disney

"Get a good idea and stay with it. Work it until it's done and done right." —Walt Disney

"Freedom of speech in all forms and in its broadest sense — has become vital to the very survival of a civilized humanity." —Walt Disney

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast